Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ugh, I have to go down in August for a wedding. Not looking forward to this trip at all.

CBG likes this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

What part of Florida? I'm hoping maybe with it getting so hot so early that maybe it won't be quite as hot later in the summer. But I know that's just wishful thinking.

3. FJF

Jville. I know what I am heading into, lived there for 17 years including military time.

The Waterboy likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think July is worse than August...... or maybe by August I've just been beaten into acceptance....

5. stinkyB

speaking of shitty weather..... poor bastards in Louisianna are gonna get soaked.... and speaking of hurricanes.... I'm still dealing with Matthew after effects. My septic tank and one of the sewer lines to it under my house are fuct, most likely from the storm surge effects, but hard to prove. That's been the joy of my week..... Think you're hot, lug a 75# plumbing snake up on the roof of the house when its 90+ (Im a skinny fucker so its extra heavy ;) ) I had to hose down the shingles first so I could walk on them. Steam cloud over the house

CBG likes this.
  6. stinkyB

At least J-ville's better than O-town. The first of my buddies to fall to the marriage sword got married in Orlando in August. The bride chose 3 piece wool tuxedos for the groomsmen...... photo session lasted about two clicks of the shutter, then we said "fuck this".... I went right back to the bar and never saw the jacket until the next morning

CBG and FJF like this.
  7. The Waterboy

Yeah, I humped those machines up on roofs for years so I know what you mean. Is it sand in the line you thinking?

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

heads up = hot as balls for the next 7 days-------get those AC's serviced if need be

9. stinkyB

YES.... I rented the the think from HD for 4 hours...... spent 2 from the septic entry, made some progress, but ran out of line (50') but definitely dirt and sand.
    Then went to the roof, and fought that and failed. I was trying to avoid pulling a new toilet, as that usually means replacing them, but I gotta figure it out somehow. They wont be able to get one of those boriscope cameras down there as is, and I figured I'd try the "dirty stuff" first before paying the plumber $100/hr just to do the grunt work.

I'm just hoping I dont have to dig up any slab (all new tile, trim, etc) :mad::mad::mad:

10. FJF

If it’s dirt and sand, try getting a jetter. Go in from the septic ,upstream it will wash all of the sand back down and open it up.

11. stinkyB

hmmm..... gotta see where I can get one. Was hoping the septic guy would hook his pump to line but he wasnt much help.

Unfortunately I think the line is busted as theres a grout joint in the hallway outside the bathroom that has been showing signs of moisture &/or efflorescence :mad::mad::mad:

12. The Waterboy

FJF beat me to it, I was going to suggest jetting the line. You may be able to get a good bit done by hooking up a jet fitting to the end of a garden hose but they also make some that hook to a pressure washer that should get it done (that's really all the jet machines are that plumbers use, pressure washer with a really long hose on a reel). Just work from the tank back as generally the jet fitting has one hole on the front to work it's way through and multiple on the backside of the fitting which moves the stuff you are clearing back down the line. Home Depot has some that just have the front opening but for sand that might work, runs about $10. Might be easier if you had a thin hose also rather than a regular diameter garden hose.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  13. stinkyB

#15133 stinkyB, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  14. FJF

Usually better to work upstream with these things. Let the sand and debris flow down to where it is supposed to go. That’s the way the jetter is designed.

The Waterboy likes this.
  15. stinkyB

ok. thanks.

My old man has a pressure washer, so looks like a $100 hose may be in order..... hell, already spent $60 renting shit that didnt work.

I just Hope the line isnt totally cracked under the house from foundation settling or oak tree roots... thankfully the master bathroom is still useable (2 lines running to septic).... kitchen sink is tied to this blocked line though :mad:

#15135 stinkyB, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    CBG likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

You would be sending a lot of water in the line with nowhere to go and as FJF pointed out they are designed to work upstream, this allows the jets on the backside of the jethead to push everything further. The second one you linked should work good, if you have too long a run you might have to dig in the yard and add another cleanout, but that just gives you anotgher access point if you need it down the line.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Heads up guys we are looking at a VERY hot week,,,,,Monday Tuesday look mid to upper 80's depending where u are but from Wednesday on things look to get STUPID hot

FJF likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

EURO says We get some rain and maybe slight relief Wed and Thursday then we get STUPD hot for 4 days in a row the dog days of August are going to be here = 95 + degrees for what looks like 4 days in a row !!!

19. FJF

Powder up fellas

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF likes this.