Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay,,pick up the white phone-----Jayster if u are out there you are being paged-----> looks to me like some crazy stuff is happening. Things have slowed down allowing cold air in and a secondary is forming well South and East of where this was initially modeled to track. Things might be changing a wee bit my friends

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

CBG...just saw this..but too late on the phase no? Winds will be a howling tonight and tomorrow for you guys..yikes.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay---> I think higher elevations could get accumulating snow as the upper levels are cooling but will NYC or my area see flakes on the back end ? I dunno I thought that would depend on the actual track of this newly formed LOW ? Fjay if you are out there I think you " MIGHT " actually be seeing flakes as I type but Im not sure. Had cold air actually been in place this would have been a pretty good snow storm. I am going to go look for my kids kite now as it will be stupid windy later.:rolleyes:

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No snow here, all rain. I hear the schools 30 miles north of here are closed though

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hear you Fjay,,,,,,yep , some people got some snow today but all we got was rain and here comes some wind. We can give this another try next year but I am looking forward to Spring.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It is bitch ass cold out mostly because of the wind. I don't want to lose my garbage cans again. >: (

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Holy Shite.... awakened by the sound of my house being pounded with hail... and pouring rain.. over an 1" in an hour

jilozzo likes this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Sorry to hear that Stinky. Were you in Florida?

10. stinkyB

yes.... luckily not too bad. I guess the storm started here and gained strength as it went south. Central FL got pounded with large hail, and alot of it

Brook! likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

batten down the hatches it could get pretty nasty out there tonight and in the morning. Some severe storms are headed our way and CMAN be careful buddy as parts of PA have tornado warnings-----things could get rocking and rolling tonight for many be safe all

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The pilot of a small plane tried to land at Republic Airport four times but couldn't because of the dense fog, was rerouted to JFK, but became disoriented and ran out of fuel over Valley Stream, clipping a church steeple and landing in power lines near a house. Only minor injuries to the people on the plane, and no injuries on the ground.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/small-plane-down-valley-stream-1.29816487

Brook! and CBG like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow = its amazing they are not dead-----ps its pretty crazy outside right now I think I just saw a flying monkey.

Brook! likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ok weather nutz... I need to know what next weekend is looking like. I got my offshore bucket list trip planned so I'm depending on you guys to give me the news good, bad or otherwise.

CBG likes this.
  15. stinkyB

shitty moon phase next weekend....

Cman68 likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman----> the next week or so looks WARM -----> But a few models ( if you can trust them this far out ) are calling for rain on or around Friday into Saturday-----I will keep an eye on it for you as I myself am Down South and driving back home so the weekend weather concerns me as well.Hopefully its warm and DRY for both of us. Anyone else care to add a thought feel free to chime in.

17. Cman68

Jinx...

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman-----> where is this Yacht / Vessel headed = Where are you going off shore ? As of now still looks like some rain next weekend but the models ARE NOT showing it as bad right now as they did the other day ( still time for things to change either way ) and hopefully they lose it all together and we both get some nice weather !!!

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

could be raining along I 95 on Friday an could be more of the same off shore on Saturday----sucks as I wanted to head back North Friday but driving in the rain blows , debating if I want to wait until Saturday ?-----> thats my story and Im sticking to it

20. Cman68

Well, we were headed for Hudson Canyon out on the continental shelf. Roughly 100miles due east of Manasquan inlet. I changed my reservation until May 10th figuring the weather patterns should be stabilizing on weekends by then. I cancelled out due to 7ft waves and 25-30kt. winds. No way I'm out in that for 36hrs no matter how big the boat is...

CBG likes this.