Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

We just went from 2” to maybe 8” in Bklyn!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FJF and CBG like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Regan WHERE did you see 8 ?

3. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

The News12 app, I’m assuming it’s northern Bklyn, not near the water by me but they definitely upped the forecast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CBG and FJF like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That might be a bit bullish.

regan62072 and CBG like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We have to see the exact track of the storm and I think we won't know until its now cast time but Fjay if NYC / and Brooklyn does not get mixing or rain they might get more than me .The storm is moving fast so thats a negative but If the storm in reality trends more N n W then me and maybe even you Fjay get more but Bklyn could get 3- 6 and with no mixing maybe 4- 8. Can anyone get more ? Maybe,,,,,,,,where the hell is the caped crusader lol

regan62072 and FJF like this.
  6. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

NWS is calling for 4-8 by me.

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This stuff is real interesting,,,,,,,really luv following / tracking this stuff , trying to figure out the models which is wrong which if any are right,,,,and learning ---> that said I might put up the bat signal soon lol

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#14908 CBG, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Just went on accuweather.com. Supposed to start around 6 p.m. by me, stopping at around 4 a.m., 6" - 10". :eek: As long as it's not that freezing rain crap! Prime your generators and snowblowers and keep the home fires burning, fellas.

regan62072 likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well this should be an interesting evening. There seems to be a few questions with the models as far as EXACT track and the amount of QPF / precipitation involved. I think we all will get in on this storm but Eastern LI could have mixing issues same for jersey shore especially the closer you get down towards A C. If you want snow ,well the storm comes in at night so thats a plus but its a very fast mover so thats a negative. Time will tell but I think the start time is off and that it will begin sooner then advertised because DAMN this thing is moving fast so again that could keep # 's down .If the temps were colder the snow ratios would be better so that gives me pause because I can't imagine 10 to 1 ratios but maybe I'm mistaken. Lets see how this plays out but I think 3-6 is a safe bet for many and I think my areas in the 4-8 range. Again if there IS no mixing and or the storm was to slow down these numbers would be much HIGHER for everyone, time will tell. Ps I would crank the generator for giggles this could be a wet heavy snow for many . Thoughts ? Ps where the hell is Batman lol

Brook! and FJF like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Pretty quiet in here considering we are getting a SNOW STORM in a few hours !!!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Waiting for you to update us on snow totals. :)

CBG likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I see the amounts are increasing. Temps dropping? C you should be looking good for 6-8”
    And another shot Friday

CBG likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook I am sticking with what I posted earlier but Im leaning towards the higher ends of my #'s,,,,,If someone else wants to chime in they can. Man , I wish the caped crusader had made an appearance and maybe he still will but I understand how he feels as it sucks looking at this stuff when you are not part of it and that will be me when I eventually move down South but I stray ----> Brook I think this will come down to now casting and looking at the radar and watching what is happening to our South and that will give us a better idea of what will happen here. That said wet heavy snow,,,,gas ready , generators also better safe and Brook feed the twins they will need the energy to shovel lol

#14914 CBG, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Brook! likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay , you and me and everyone is in this game as the short range models really looking good and upping QPF !!!!!! BUT the ratios = big ? Friends have asked me what I think I tell them 4-8 but more towards the higher end so yes Fjay 6- 8 is doable !!! can we get More ? Could be, We shall see. Fjay whats your thoughts ? Ps Friday is also there = yep but this one first as it actually has an outside chance to be our biggest storm of the year .

Brook! likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hey Fjay ---I just watched Bernies video but I think ( and what do I know he is a God , he is almost bigger then the Jayster ) he could be mistaken as the track could give LI and NJ shore and coastal places mixing issues its a close call at least I think so.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Moderate snow here. Ground too warm for any accumulation but that will change after sundown. They're calling for 3-8" here. Probably will need Big A in the morning..

CBG and FJF like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

keep us posted Cman,,,let me know later how u are looking

Cman68 likes this.
  19. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

So are these late winter storms the new trend?
    Same damn thing last 3 years. Stays cold, then maybe 1-2 weeks of spring then bam, hot summer.

20. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

Looks like it’s just starting to flurry here in eastern Bergen County...was supposed to start off as rain according to nws but guess not.