Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. colleen74

colleen74 Member

LOL... No problem :) ...it's not running down my nose though, cuz it's frozen ;)

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

So while it was getting pretty chilly round here the last couple of weeks, work found out that the heater in the building was broken and needed some new parts. I was pretty happy about it because the office was finally at a normal comfortable (for me) temperature.

Well, they fixed the heat. And managed to blast it all weekend because it is like a sauna in here - the week its going to be 60+. I hate this time of year when it comes to switching over to the heat.

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I lost power for a week during Irene and lost it again for two days during this last storm, although I wasn't home to get angry about it. During Irene, after three days I wanted to kill someone.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If you're that prone to power outages in your area, you should really think of investing in a generator. At the very minimum to power your boiler and refrigerator.

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I have a generator.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Well then you were better off than most other people :up:

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Weird model back and forth mayhem is finally beginning to toss out a snow storm FOR SOMEONE. Yeah..Someone. I like that...safe.

West of i 95 could be in for some big time snows...how close to the major cities is the big question.

Late Wednesday to Thursday morning time period.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Weather lately has been odd, but I will take it. Eventually, we will have the snow and cold so I'm gonna enjoy the warm temps while they last.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yay! I will finally get to use my new Ariens.. :beer:

11. jaywayne12

Not sure where you are from cman...but I doubt you started that bad boy up. Storm beat the cold air.

Very slow start to winter here in the mid Atlantic. Nothing huge on the horizon for the next 2 weeks.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

:sad:

I didn't even take the cover off of it..We got a dusting out here in South Central PA. I'm roughly 170mi west of the Jersey Coast.

13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Winter this year has been a huge dud...

We have only had a few cold days down here...

Think we had 5-6 hurricane dud seasons too...

14. colleen74

colleen74 Member

It's barely winter yet. A little early to call it a dud.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ummmm its not winter bro

16. jaywayne12

Good point by others about winter but I get the feeling we know where you were going with this. Funny thing is that since the Halloween storm...nada...not even a flurry.

Yeah its too early..but looking long term there is nothing..I mean NOTHING on the horizon for the next 14 days either.

Nothing a great Christmas storm wouldnt solve though.

17. jaywayne12

Long term forecasts are calling for us to be on the wrong side of storms. Storms slipping by west of us meaning r-a-i-n. Chicago...Midwest is where the big ones should go. But they do say a couple will do the right thing and hit us hard.

Difference from this winter from last for us is fewer storms...but a few big ones nonetheless.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We've had much colder then normal temps out West and the winds have been brutal. Fortunately it seems to be warming up but today it was about 35 when I woke up which is colder then usual but a week ago we had temps in the low 40's with winds blowing at 30-40 MPH.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The gusts were insane though, at least here in the SW portion of the city. That was the same day they were getting gusts of 120 at LAX, which just shows how huge that system was.

20. jaywayne12

Sorry about the purchase cman. Just wanted to give everyone an update on whats going to happen in the next week and beyond for the NYC METRO AREA...READY?

NOTHING..ZIP..NADA...NUTTIN

I mentioned during the Halloween storm that many times in the past..when you have an unusual early storm people start saying things like "uh oh..this winter is going to suck!" and the exact opposite happens.

That seems to be the case. Pretty big rain storm about to hit Tuesday night/Wednesday morning with very gusty winds...but no snow unless you are Syracuse and north/west of there.

Other than that...you have to go to the second week of January before you see any real pattern change. Perhaps a clipper storm around New Years..but you would need a broom..not a snow blower to rid yourself of that one.

Will keep you updated...but for now..enjoy the lower costs in heating the house...other than a brief shot of cold air...warmer than usual temps should continue.