Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

I thought they issued a blizzard warning for NYC this morning

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This stuff is not written in stone yet ,,, a lot can still change,,,hang in there snow lovers we still have a shot,,,,warm waters,hugging the coast,,,the air up north not as strong as advertised might allow this thing to bury cbg ,and fjf,,,and others,,,ya never know,,,I can wish can't I ?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I hope this is the case. I don't want to lose power for days again and that seems to happen every time we get a major winter storm.

Anybody have the link to Jay's site? Haven't seen him around for awhile and I'm jonesing for the real stuff.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Snow or no snow, there is going to be big winds blowing frozen trees. Hope the power company did some good pruning this summer.
    Tried a link in this thread to Jay 's sight, didn't work. Think the site was taken down.was hoping he would pop in.
    Its looking more and more like 84 will be the cutoff as usual. North of 84 not much snow, south of 84, significant snow higher numbers as you go south

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Keep us posted FJF I'm doing the snow dance as I type this but so far no good,,,,,as for Jays website it has been down for sometime now and safe to say I don't think it will be back up,,,,,I thought we had a chance of seeing the Jayster this week but as I said I spoke to him and the guy is ok but has lots going on in his life,,,so FJF and the rest keep up the good work and keep em coming !

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just looked at models and read blogs,,,here's what I gather,,one of u weather geeks set me straight if any of this is wrong,,,the latest Gfs keeps this storm WELL SOUTH of us ,,I'm talking major miss ,nada here,,,,,the Euro and Nam look almost identical but the snow totals are completely out of wack,,,if I were a geek I would take totals inbetween the Nam and Euro projections,,,but what do I know,,,chime in gurus

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

looking like CT wont get much at all right? that sounds very nice to me....stick that snow up your ass

Br4d likes this.
  8. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

9. FJF

hold your tickets jonnyd.
    good find, this is a troll storm, i want to give up on it and it keeps sucking me in. i think this thread started with a storm that was all over the place until 24hrs out and than all the models locked in. could the nam be right? very interesting run coming for the gfs in an hour. any trend north and we have to start redoing predictions.

10. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hold my tickets? what means this....funny enough, I do have Springsteen tickets for MSG sunday night

11. FJF

track lingo, announcer at a dog track i would frequent in fla used to call "hold your tickets" if there was a photo finish. sunday should not be a problem for going to see the boss.
    and the 18z gfs disagrees with the nam. pushing east but slightly farther north than the 12z.
    so nyc north jersey inline for 6" with snow falling saturday evening ending sunday morning. l.i. maybe 12"

with the east little less due to mixing. i think thats the base. doubt the models push it farther east where nyc gets nothing. totals can only go up if it starts to come back north(possible not probable)
    CBG maybe you get 2-4" but i am taking the under.
    me- over/under is 1 flake i take the under

#9411 FJF, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Go check out the last NAM FjF, ,call me crazy and Johnny D can tell me to go eff myself but I believe it has pushed even farther north and is calling for big stuff all the way to conn,,,at least that is what I'm reading and seeing,,,,are me and you back in the game ? Gfs soon ,,no ?

13. FJF

Gfs slightly more north. Not completely back in the game but not dead yet. Nam is good within 36hrs. Would like to see the 12z gfs and 12z euro come north. Will be up for the gfs.
    Start the chant,
    NAM NAM NAM NAM NAM

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Locals here confirm the new northerly track. We're almost in the Blizzard zone. Just about 10miles north. Still calling for double digits..

16. FJF

Should run around 1030.
    Big run. If comes back north we are on to something.

17. FJF

No way you can lose cman. Been in the bull the whole time. That was the easy part of the storm. These last few days are killing me. Have to remember not to live and die with each run.

18. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

If the storm does move north, how does that affect south Brooklyn and L.I.?

19. FJF

basically higher snow totals. if that nam model comes to be real, big if,you're looking at somewhere close to 18". right now i am thinking, based on the latest gfs,throwing out the nam, nyc 4-6" with l.i. getting approx 8"depending on any mixing.

[​IMG]
    the latest NAM that has everyone buzzing again. to be taken with generous amount of salt at this time

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

wow NAM going nuclear