Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Hope so GG..hope so. Nice job by the way with the maps!! Forgot to give you kudos bud.

Just think we have one more. Too many on the board not to come up with something. The only thing that could spare us could be..could be...suppression. The unusually cold air this time of the year could keep us dry..and we pass the problem off to our friends down south like this last storm. Nice job GG...when I retire, you are the man.

2. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Bleh... so I guess I'm rooting for cold air then.

3. jaywayne12

All kidding aside, forget about the snow but this winter has sucked. The heat in my house seems like its been on nonstop since the middle of December. I mean, you deal with the snow but every winter seems to have a lull. We had one that lasted about 5 days. I would guess, like me, everyones bills this year must be through the roof. You are correct too, down south its been brutal also.

While many were close to record breaking snow or just under it, the cold..the friggin cold...has been horrible.

Lucky bastard..not much sympathy for you!

4. jaywayne12

SS...couldnt have put it better. You hit the nail on the head. The colder it will be will allow these upcoming events to go south..or stay south I should say. Now, because of the time of year, people might be thinking of a usual winter when its like 10 degrees here and storms are pushed south..but its March..so us being in the lower 30s and teens at night is this stupid cold keeping the storms south.

You worded better then I could.

5. jaywayne12

FM, looking long range the NWS is not even showing anything big for Sunday. If anything happens this week would be Friday

This from the NWS for the weekend:

Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    • Sunday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 39. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    • Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
    So, right now, looking good.

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Compton, no doubt.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

looking forward, thursday and sunday seem to be in question as far as TWC and accu weather say. anything to worry about jay?

8. jaywayne12

Have no idea why Sunday would say that. Not showing a thing that late. Will check tonight.

9. jaywayne12

Jon...sorry bud..hope you made it out with no problems because the switch.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

thanks jay, i knew you mentioned a blip on the radar for thursday/friday but the sunday thing caught me off guard. right now they got 50% chance snow showers. kinda high a week out so i thought i would mention it.

p.s. i am ready to see this thread get buried on the 3rd page of the b.s. forum, so you must be really tired of it. but so you know, this thread is probably the only 1 on the board that physically impacts our lives. you calling these storms as early as you do is the difference between having the logistics worked out for my kids and scrambling like crazy to make sure everyone is where they can stay for awhile.
    thanks for everything this winter you did a hell of a job covering a hell of a winter

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay do you think we should be concerned about this coming Friday and Saturday ? Keep us posted and keep em coming

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Local guy said by the end of the week we are in the 40 s and no concerns

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else but I wish this storm had hit and not only had I been off yesterday but today too ! " celebrate a total bust " not this part of the world ! Keep em coming Jay !

14. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

In the mean time, it's 13F right now.

I thought we were warming up the planet?

15. jaywayne12

Thanks FJF..and its never started out to be about being right and wrong. Seeing a snow storm in the future and tracking it was the fun. Will it or wont it.

What has happended this winter is that its too much snow..and too cold. I would think there are posters out there that would be "Christ..enough...how can anyone want more snow...idiots". If this thread was for a ski resort or ski lovers..it wouldnt be an issue. I never started posting in this thread to help people out..lol...sorry..but that was not what it was about. So, some have asked for it...totally cool.

I have said this a million times...ANYONE can do it. Anyone can go to forums and track storms. Right now there are 5 or 6 over the next 30 days and half of them are nonsense.

As far as a poster blowing his gasket? That had nothing to do with the weather...or this thread...and I will leave it at that.

Will check stuff in a few hours for any changes.

16. jaywayne12

This Friday storm is there..but 200 miles off the benchmark...so strike 1. This storm has been in that spot many runs and safe to say will produce on and off snow showers at most.

The 12th to the 14th storm is still in the same spot and something to very much watch.

17. jaywayne12

Looking at it real quick everything looks ok until Tuesday at least. Next Tuesday night until Thursday should be watched. So all good here. After the middle of the week anther blip on the radar for next weekend. Again..far off.

The middle of the next week does look like a problem TODAY...so will keep an eye on it. 2 more maybe after that and then...vacation time for all. Temps average in the mid 40s after today for at least a week...so let the rest of the melting start.

18. jaywayne12

Yeah..all the models are showing something now for the 12th to 14th period..it actually shows 2 systems 24 hours apart. I dont think that will be the case..but 1 storm between the 13th and 15th. All signals are strong for storm. YES ITS EARLY...but its something to watch really carefully.

19. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

I'm flying out of JFK on Saturday the 15th, should I be worried?

20. jaywayne12

Right now..no FM..all models are pointing to whatever happening being done by then..but something to watch. They also came in strong..but warmer this round..so upper 30s. Will keep an eye out..but the 15th plus JFK equal all good today.