Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay for president. :)

Thanks! thanks! thanks!

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

no problem buddy!!...also just checked the latest maps for us up here for Friday...warms up quite a bit but very strong winds possible..gusts in the 30's....at least

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

It can't be Halloween,,,,,there's no snow on the ground,,,,,,just sayin,,,,lol

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looks like another lost weekend for me Jay. Rain on Friday, high winds Sat and Sun off the Jersey coast. Anything new?

5. Brook!

So true

Finally good weather after 2 years of misery. Can't wait to trick or treat with my kids. Just lovely weather.

Jay

How is the game day forecast for this Sunday? Any surprises? Currently it looks partly cloudy game day.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

you call rain good weather? I'll take the snow over rain every day of the week

7. Brook!

Comparing the last 2 years to this year. All roads were closed last 2 Halloween's due to storm. This time at least we will be able to go out. I will carry an umbrella if necessary. But yes I wish there was sun outside. It is what it is.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Brooklyn you're in Madison right?

Did you take kids to that cool haunted house on Ridgedale?

9. Brook!

Yep. It was awesome as always. Were you there too? And I decided to knock their doors after Halloween and give them a gift card. They make every Halloween a blast for me and my kids.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I drive by / run by everyday as I live on Ridgedale...but I wasn't there today.

#3850 GQMartin, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  11. jaywayne12

and next weekend looks a like today...much cooler...getting late cman!

Not much to report other than cooler weather today with a slight warmup midweek and then back to much cooler weather next weekend. Could get some storms to pass through with a cold front towards the end of the week.

My date of around November 22 is one to keep an eye on..no storm predicted that far out but for a snowy winter you want to see the first snow/sleet even. Could be a rain to sleet event..something like that.

November has always been the borameter month for me. You want to see at least a single wintry event. Doesnt have to be a full blown out storm..but past big winters usually get the ball rolling early with an icy event in November.

12. jaywayne12

Hey BROOK....LOOKING VERY MIAMISH FOR THE END OF THE WEEK!!

A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. Windy, with an east wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 75. East wind 7 to 13 mph.

Thursday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 84. East wind 6 to 10 mph.

Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 74.

Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Breezy.

Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 73.

Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 83. Breezy.

Those showers are just passer bys.....you should be fine.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah I know it is Jay. That's why I'm pressing to get out as much as I can before the mid-atlantic season gets shutdown due to storms and such. Had a great day on Saturday. Weather wise was pretty good in spite of a 4ft ground swell. I'm thinking thanks to global warming, I might be fishing into December depending on how many Atlantic storms happen.

Keep me posted Pardner!

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

okay I gotta say it,,I LUV THIS STUFF:grin:

15. jaywayne12

ha cbg...you are a pisser bud.

Cman...a baby trend has formed. AGAIN, a temps will warm up during the week and AGAIN a front will come rolling through Thursday night/Friday morning with a quick down pour and very gusty winds followed by a nice but cooler weekend.

This is the 3rd weekend in a row to play out exactly the same way.

16. jaywayne12

OK...Something to keep an eye on. If it was the American model I would not be so interested the European model just showed 2 runs of a cold front coming through next week that stalls around Virginia Beach. Along that front...a very strong NOREASTER forms and goes right up the coast...bringing snow showers all the way down to South Carolina.

For the north...areas west of I95 showed the POTENTIAL of a major mix storm with snow further west.

AGAIN...very early and there is not much agreement in the models but the GOD of models is saying a strong noreaster with at least rain for many...and maybe snow. Finally...we are tracking.

TIME PERIOD:
    The end of next week.

17. jaywayne12

Euro model just came out again and is still showing a possible major storm. Folks in ny state and interior pa have a stronger possibility.

Very interesting things going on. The American model,while not switching camps, has gone a bit more towards the Euro model which is not surprising. Right now, I give this at least a 60% chance of being at least a big rain maker...and some will get snow.

18. Brook!

Thanks for the update Jay

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Possible snow,,nor'easter,,,,,,,.lnow I really luv this stuff:up:

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm with the other maniacs in this thread. much prefer snow over rain.