Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Got it Jayster,,..thanks. I just walked the dog and yep it is coming down

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Oh my snowing pretty hard here right now,,,,,,,,,.,I believe this called " now costing " just sayin :lol:

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lol...now casting (instead of forecasting..nowcasting) CBG..come one..there is going to be a test in the summer. lol. Yeah..you guys might get a nice dump of snow up there...4-7? sounds about right.

4. jaywayne12

and the GFS model just put out a blizzard for our area Sunday and Monday..and part of Tuesday.

Right now...only the Euro has the storm farther south...it still hits us..but with 4-8 instead of what the GFS just hit us with...18-24..oh if only that model was with 48 hours..Im sure it will change..but again like this storm..they all have a big storm for that time period.

So...this Sunday and Monday..lock it in...very good chance for a storm but how strong is the question and does the rain snow line come into the picture. Right now its showing snow for everyone west of I 95. Those east are pretty close to an all out blizzard too.
    AGAIN..ITS A MODEL.

Now back to this storm.

5. jaywayne12

Just to show how intense this storm is from north to south...Tornado warnings are coming up all over the place in Northern Georgia...about 10 counties.

6. jaywayne12

embarrassing how badly the NWS is going to do in north jersey..at least where I am in central north jersey. less than an inch they said...and its now turned to all snow and snowing heavy...real hard.

This is going to be around 3-6.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Latest now cast,,,we are all white here and snowing hard :)

8. jaywayne12

This is over-performing here...and Im sure there..and Im sure for many east of i95. Already 3 inches and snowing hard..no sleet to be found. Checking radars now.

9. jaywayne12

In fact checking the radars..I would think the city itself is getting heavy snow right now. Heard reports of thunder snow in queens.

This is much more than expected. Rain snow line is from Point Pleasant nj into eastern LI. Thats a long way to go for us here and you there CBG and Brook.

Brook..your numbers too have to end up being doubled when its over.

Delayed openings? hmm..perhaps closings.

10. jaywayne12

Whats happening is the second coastal that was to form and go over the city is more south..bringing in more cold air for many. Have to say...didnt think it would be as little as was forecasted by the National Weather Service...but its going to be even a bit more than I thought..if...IF...things stay the same the next 3 to 5 hours.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

All but done here. 2" of snow cover here. Started as sleet, ended as snow. Not really cold enough for ice but it will be a pain in the ass come morning.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Have 4 or 5 inches here,,,,,,maybe a ill more,,hard to tell,,,,,still snowing HARD,,,,,Jay what time do u think it ends ?
    Oh my !

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay. Roughly 3 inches as of 10:20 pm but stopped snowing

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Local weather says 4 to 6 before ice,,,,but I think they blew that already,,,cold out and still coming,,,,,,ps this is my latest now cast

15. jaywayne12

great job guys....nice updates..yeah cman is done...brook you should get back in to something soon.

Heres the deal..this storm will end before a major change over to rain for north jersey on north.

In fact..this storm will end overnight not morning the way many...including me..thought. But because of the early ending...it will not have time to change over to a long rain event which means..crappy roads in the morning. But sun will come out and temps get into the mid 40s so all will be gone.

Again, this over performed. It was borderline winter storm warning for 6 plus inches for many. I have 5 now and its still coming down. I really think this will be over by 3 am the latest west of nyc and 5 am for nyc and 8am the latest for all parts of conn.

Nice surprise...Im sure my boys will have a delayed opening as will many.

Little break and then we start to see if this storm on sunday/monday is for real. Hopefully that is it...it has to be...but its really something to keep an eye out for.

Thanks for the updates...

16. jaywayne12

snow has turned to mostly sleet with snow mixed in so that line will start moving north. This will be a bitch to shovel. I just took the snow blower out and took care of it. Might just let mother nature do her job with the warmer temps the next few days...lol.

Good storm...nice surprise. Still looking forward to 80 degree days.

17. jaywayne12

last post of the night...and guys and girls when Sandy showed up on the radar about 10 days before hand many that follow this stuff couldnt believe so many models showed that big of a storm.

Well I have to say...there is soooo much model agreement about a huge snowstorm and I mean huge snowstorm next sunday/monday/tuesday....this will be fun to track. Hopefully, its the last...and quite honestly, if the models lost it I wouldnt shed a tear. This storm would push spring back about 2 weeks.

Euro model is the only one that brings it a bit south..but thats normal. Every other model shows a real bomb of a storm so lets see what happens this week.

WIll see the models tomorrow and tomorrow night and post tomorrow night.

Stay safe.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Shit.

filler

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Could be wrong but appears to be 7 inches outside and still snowing very heavy,,,,,,,,did a little shoveling twice and used the blower once,,,,,,school tomorrow ? We shall see I guess it depends what time it actually ends

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sooooooooo glad I used the blower last nite,,because this morning it is a big heavy wet mess ! Not sure of the numbers but forget about 3 ,4 ,or 5 inches