Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Will do CBG..right now its very up in the air. Cold air is in place...blocking is in place to make it a slow mover like the last one..but is the storm in place? EH...up and down..but I will keep updating.

In the future..after spring kicks in...will not be updating partly sunny skies but I will update any really big storms...possible hurricanes to the mainland...and most importantly..thunderstorm threats.

Anyone that has vacations coming up...give me 2 weeks notice and I will gladly track it for you.

Enjoyed the past winter and if and when we get one of those great winters with a bunch of storms..makes it fun.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay I am supposed to travel on the 20 th,,,,so if I need to rearrange my plans that's where " the house of weather guy " can help. Let us know if this threat turns real or is nothing,,,..as much as I love the snow I am hoping it is done and that weather patterns / predictions come back NEXT year and are easier for you to get a grip on.

3. jaywayne12

Trust me...Im really finished with the snow stuff but have to put down what I see. The European model just showed a decent snow event for next Sunday and then a real bomb of a snow storm next Tuesday...thats the 19th CBG.

Lets hope its wrong because I too am done with this...not middle of March...but if I see it...have to put it.

Again...the 17th shows a decent snow event and the 19th shows and all out blizzard from philly to Boston.

4. jaywayne12

Just checked the other models...lets hope by Wednesday and Thursday its gone from the models but this isnt just a big storm..its huge.

Lets start the anti storm dance.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay all winter I am hoping / begging for snow,,,,the one day /week I need it to NOT snow,,,,,,,,,,,ugh! Keep me posted buddy I am currently forming plans. B and C .

6. jaywayne12

smaller storm now looking for saturday and bigger storm for monday and tuesday.

Sat storm looks like rain and snow towards the coast with all snow possible inland..not much..perhaps 2-4 max.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thanx Jay keep them coming,,,,,,,as usual local guys have said nada about this :beer: the big one is a concen for me,,,,,,,,let me know if the models " lose " that one or if it misses us . Ps after this i am hoping you can retire until next winter:)

8. jaywayne12

The saturday mini storm looks like it could be a rain event but its close...but its nothing to get all hyped about.

Now the 18th to the 21st storm is still big time on the radar. It would have to be really convincing to show up as snow this far out but I have to tell you...Im biting right now. This storm will happen...rain or snow.

Snow storms in March or even after mid march are not a crazy solution. If you can get a snow storm on Halloween...you can get a snow storm up until the first week of april.

Again...temps starting tonite go back to normal and then run below normal for the next 2 weeks....so...as long as the Euro has the storm..and it does...have to keep an eye on it.

The GFS American model has the storm too but in a really whacked out way..which is par for the course with that model this far out.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stay on it Jay,,,,,,,my plans hinge on if it is snow ,,,and the timing! 18 or 19 th is not the end of the world,,,,,,,Wednesday or Thursday is a killer for me :beer:

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay just thought I would remind you that not only are you batting much better than the local weather guys and gals but that groundhog had nothing on you either :beer:

11. jaywayne12

lol...thanks cbg.

Models came out with something that makes a lot more sense. The storm on Tuesday will actually be 2 storms snow now we have 3 storms. Yesterday I pointed out that the GFS had a whacky solution..well guess what? Whacky it is.

Fri night sat...small even that might start as snow and turn to rain.

Now Sunday/monday looks like a snow event where we could get 4-6 and then maybe turn to rain.

And the big event looks like a rain event NOW. Things will change but the 3 storm systems makes much more sense.

Going in to the jet board to see all of the suicide potential. Going to be a long year next year.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay keep em coming,,,,,let me know the latest :beer:
    Rain sux for me also but it is better than snow and ice,,,,,kep me posted with the timing when you have a more concrete answer

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rain ? Snow ? Nothing ?

14. jaywayne12

Sorry CBG...didnt see much of a change until now..looks like the weekend storm will be dryer and then just a 1...2 punch...light stuff Saturday and then the big one Monday/Tuesday which is looking more more like snow...to sleet..and quicly to rain for many. But on early Tuesday morning look for heavy rain and very windy conditions.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well Jay, I'm getting the Sta-bil ready and probably at some point this weekend, will move the big boy back to the rear of the garage.

I'm ready to do some serious Striper fishing anyway and they're due up the Jersey Coast starting in April. Winter 2013 may be better. Who knows..

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

jay thanks-----I saw u out on the ledge on the other threads------lol
    keep me posted about this mess coming,,thanks again

17. jaywayne12

I will CBG. It would be crazy to follow every single storm that shows up in the models but one thing about them, if they show a storm coming...and storm is coming. Its the rain snow thing that has been a big problem.

For instance, this storm on Monday night Tuesday is going to be a heavy precip storm.

The reason I bring that up is future runs I just saw show March 23rd a big storm...March 27th a big storm and April 1st....a big storm.

Will any be snow? Im saying yes because the models all show below normal temps starting today until the beginning of April...and one of these unfortunately will hit.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gotcha Jay,,,,,,,,,,I was an am just really concerned about next week so as usual thanks for the info :beer:

Ps tell Cman to not put that big boy away until Easter,,,,,,ya never know

19. jaywayne12

no..i wouldnt put it away unitl after the first week of april.

As far as this storm..the NWS is seeing the potential strength with the storm next week. Right now...its a snow to rain with 2-4 inland before the changeover. But its a close call and not much would have to happen for more snow...will update. Here is what they are saying now:

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTHERN
    CONNECTICUT...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHEAST NEW YORK.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.

A STORM SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE REGION MONDAY AND TUESDAY
    OF NEXT WEEK. HEAVY PRECIPITATION WILL BE POSSIBLE...WITH MAINLY
    RAIN NEAR THE COAST AND A WINTRY MIX. THIS WILL PRESENT A CHANCE
    FOR URBAN...POOR DRAINAGE AND SMALL STREAM FLOODING.

20. jaywayne12

North of I 80 might get a bit more front end snow before the change over to sleet/freezing rain and then rain on Monday/Monday night.

Some areas might get between 4-8 inches of snow and once you get up to interior Mass...6-10 with locally some areas close to a foot.

Models keep trending colder...will check tomorrow night if that trend contines.