Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay,,,,,,you called this mess long long long before any of the so called tv guys called for it,,,so kudos to you for seeing this thing ( whatever it is ) long before they jumped on the wagon !

Chin up keep us posted and tell your clients to " take a number and get in line ":beer:

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I hear Lonnie Quinn is still going with 5-9 for NYC. God bless him..and Im not being sarcastic. He is sticking with his prediction no matter what and if it happens...that would be a coup. Now I heard that 3rd party.

I mean..anything can still happens when a storm is south of you..but if this were a presidential election with a dem against a rep...and the dem needed 4 electoral votes to win and California and NY were still not in...I would think he might win.

It aint over for the big snows...but its going to have to change a lot in the next 4 hours with the coast.

Back end snow is a different story...some will be surprised with what they get from that.

3. jaywayne12

Thanks CBG...appreciate that.

And I hate to say there is still one more on the table...but lets get past this first. I really dont want anymore but the 11th and 12th is low confidence but the 18th looks really weird too.

4. jaywayne12

Great cman. The real killer was we knew the cold air would be a problem..but as I mentioned what was expected was the heavy snow to come down hard..which brings the cold air down..did that in VA..but never really got kickin hard for you..at least not long enough..Im guessing as soon as it lightened up..it turned to rain.

5. jaywayne12

6. jaywayne12

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'll keep BigA in the front of the garage until the end of the month, then its drain time and Stabil for the engine.

8. jaywayne12

Good move on the stabil. Seems like some precip is breaking through around the Island and certain parts of the city. Certain parts of Eastern NJ. The next 2 to 4 hours will tell the tale of how far the first batch gets through.

Checking some stuff now.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Was literally out cold the past 2 hours,,,,,what do you have Jay? Is it even snowing out,,,I am going to look now,,,,,,saw the Lonnie Quinn post,,,,hmmmmmm could he be rite ? Ps hey Jay forget about any possible next storm we still have something out there tonite:beer:

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just rewatched Lonnie Quinn's forecast,,,,,he says 8, thru 11 inches for white plains to Newburgh,,,,,,,,,,talking about 4 of 6 models saying this thing hooks back and dumping heavy snow , mostly Thursday and Thursday nite,,,,,,,,house of weather guy, a little input please

11. jaywayne12

Here is the local radar..starting to fill in new jersey but having a rough time getting into NY state.

I would think north jersey EAST of 287 if you have not started to get some lighter stuff..you should very very soon.

Anything that comes down will be extremely exaggerated because of the winds..because they are howling here.

OOOOOPPPPPSSSS...EDIT..EDIT..EDIT...BETTER LINK http://www.wunderground.com/radar/r...ford,+NJ&showstorms=0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

Just check out the precip to the east really trying to come west into our area..does it make it...like the little train that could...or couldnt.

Just keep this puppy open...it refreshes every 10 minutes or so...and its honest....only stuff that hits the ground. Problem is what is rain or snow..let me see if that link has that.

#3431 jaywayne12, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  12. jaywayne12

Here is what Im talking about. If you add everything up until Friday..you get 4-8..see how deceiving that is? 1 here..1 there..1-3 here...1-2 there...and you get an average of 6. Cant take credit for being right about that if it happens.

Tonight Rain and snow likely before midnight, then snow. Low around 32. Breezy, with a north wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a north wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Night Snow. Low around 30. North wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Snow before noon, then a chance of rain and snow. High near 40. North wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

13. jaywayne12

Ok...at least its really start to fill in now. So north jersey will get snow tonite..in fact everyone will probably get snow. Wonder when the shore turns over because they could get a nice little hit if it does.

14. jaywayne12

To understand how absurd..how absurd..how bad some of the American models have become..and how embarrassing it is to have this model..the NAM as the, at one time, number 1 short range model...this is what the NAM just put out for the remainder of the storm..not yesterday..but a half hour ago:

[​IMG]

So what used to happen is you would take the high model...this model and the low model and take the mean and give you a decent idea of the totals.

Now the reason the NAM put these numbers out is because there is a part 2 to this storm that every model shows tomorrow..and its increasingly obvious that we will probably get more snow tomorrow evening and night then tonight...but this is how unfun and bizarre it has become.

This is no lie..no bullshit. This is what has happened to the models the past 2 years. Now if we just went by models we would need no analysis but with this kind of crap..where do you go...lol.

#3434 jaywayne12, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  15. jaywayne12

16. jaywayne12

Have to tell you....tomorrow night will be very very interesting with the trough that will setup from north jersey to mass. Again, its called a norlun trough and I have learned a lot about it the past 48 hours. Usually dumps 2-4....3-5...but the most trusted models show it dumping much more than that.

CBG...you might be very surprised as will Murrell..sorry bud. I know you are done. Even brook and me.

Friday morning will be a tough commute if...IF it sets up south enough for us.

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

I gave out hoping for a three day weekend and just cashed in one of my vacation days that has been sitting there waiting to get used.

So hopefully there's a nice storm I can relax at home and watch either way. :lol:

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay you are such a tease lol,,,,I hope I am surprised by what happens today / tonight :beer:

Any idea of the timing ,,,as when snow starts if at all ? Let us know Jay,,,.i am watching the weather channel rite now and so far no updates for my area. We got zero snow last nite I don't know about the rest of you ?
    Weather channel did not talk about my area but just said ny gets 3 -5 inches when done,,,,,,and rite now it is still real windy outside my house . I would love to blow out of work early today due to the snow but if there is NO snow ,,I can't do that can I :lol:

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

High winds today rattling the house and making the trees groan but very little precipitation. Kind of a misting when it comes down instead of rain.

The last two years have seen more wind in these parts in eastern coastal Connecticut than normal and not by just a little bit.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No wind, no rain no snow here in Madison, NJ as of 8:30 AM