Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Haha! I totally do this.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Put on the weather channel if you really want to puke..NEMO? I guess this is their superbowl but i too cant take it bud.

Thought you were isolated from the world for a second.

3. jaywayne12

? Not sure I get it. What are you looking at? That radar I posted? Dont go by that to the west of NYC...it looks bare..it isnt. Unless you are looking at something else..let me check.

4. jaywayne12

uh oh...ok..i get it..hmmmm...I do believe that should start filling in big time..if not..major bust for the 2/3 of NJ...MAJOR...but I do believe it will start filling in. Let me see if the geeks are freaking out. Still shows major snow for bergen union etc...and nyc L.I...but I do see what you are talking about.

5. jaywayne12

lol..they are freaking..and I mean freaking out..Im not. I think whats happening is the phase has not taken place yet..but it will..probably in the next hour. Once that happens the precip fields will fill in again..in a big way.

With that said, the fields may not fill in all the way to end of NJ. There are busts coming..no doubt. And there will still be huge amounts of snow..again..I dont think there is a soul alive that knows where that will happen.

6. jaywayne12

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Same here..........

Thanks Jay

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FUNNY STUFF----Lonnie Quinn ch 2 says 7 to 10 inch in NYC and 13 in my neck of the woods,,,,,,Lee Goldberg on the other ch say 12 to 18 nyc,,,,and larger amounts by me,,,,,,we will see but rite now it is snowing pretty good out there

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

its amazing how since 9/11 they are able to scare the living shit out of everyone with just about anything,even things we used to go out and play in and look forward to hot cocoa etc. be scared,of everything, and buy stuff!

10. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Nyack, New York at Noon

[​IMG]

And at 3pm

[​IMG]

I'll be back at around Midnight with the 3rd picture.
    Walking to work, do this anyway. Hudson House is open.

11. jaywayne12

Great stuff..good pics..dying to see where it goes from here!

12. jaywayne12

Anytime bud..I do enjoy this.

AND TYPE...I TOTALLY AGREE.

To me..this is just a great nature thing. But I still think tonite will get uncomfortable for many up north..no power trees down etc....but thats part of natures fury..it for the most part, should be enjoyed.

Unless its a Sandy thing..but those are rare beasts.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

HEADING OUT TO snow blow mine and my neighbors drive way

14. jaywayne12

great idea CBG..great idea.

I just did it..got the wet snow up..and now temps are dropping so the next and hopefully last time will be much easier drier snow.

15. jaywayne12

From a very very good poster and what I have been trying to say..he says it better than me....

just to let everyone know in E PA, NJ. Most of the snow comes from when the upper level low from the NW swings through. The coastal storm is cool to look at, but most of the damage comes the upper level low as it gets wrapped around the developing coastal. Whatever you get from now until 8 PM is from the coastal but after that its when they fuse together and we get the upper level/mid-level instability to swing on through the area.

Coastal isn't going to be our main event believe it or not. It may appear this way on satellite and radar as the precip field looks to expand westward but that's just cold front meets coastal low, ie. baroclinic instability as the colder air from the northern stream shortwave comes in and cloud tops expand westward.

So basically GQ..you are correct..there will be a lull..and then another boom.

I have 6" here and I fully expect another 6 at least..and thats pretty darn good.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

OK NO RULER OR YARD STICK in hand but I guess 6 or 7 inches here,,,,,,kids built a nice igloo,,,,,,neighbor just white knuckled his way home from work to find his driveway DRIVEABLE,,nice trade off , he gets that I get bottle of Kettle ONE :beer:

Now lets see how much more snow we get on top of what we already have,,,if it goes hard from 7 or 8 pm until 2 A.M ----> oh my :up:

so has this nemo thing phased / stalled/ intensified ? is there a sequel ? finding nemo 2 ?

17. jaywayne12

From NJTransit.com

Starting at 8 p.m. on Friday, February 8 and continuing until further notice, Bus service in northern and central NJ, and Rail service on the Morris & Essex, Montclair-Boonton and Midtown Direct lines will be suspended due to extreme weather conditions. MORE INFO

FWIW.

18. jaywayne12

Ok CBG..NO NEMO REFERENCES ALLOWED...LOL..I stated this earlier..it makes me sick to call a storm NEMO.

Seriously, I was incorrect about the phase..and its about to take place now..well I wasnt totally wrong. We have a partial phase and the full phase takes place around 7pm.

Gangbusters thereafter? truthfully? Im dying to see what happens down here..always have been since we started following this days ago..when the phase takes place. All or nothing? Not sure at all.

Know what will happen up north? Clobbered city and some will get over 30 and a few over 40

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wife made an awesome home made chicken soup----added some egg noodles to it and am sitting here reading and waiting on the " phasing " I can tell you this, THE WIND is picking up bigtime outside ! OK I will look at on the deck in between bowls of soup ,,,,,,and tell u guys whats doin,,,u do the same and Jay,,,,keep them updates coming :beer:

20. jaywayne12

Sounds like you got it all covered CBG!

Man...Long Island is getting clobbered with something the last hour...as intense a radar as I have ever seen for the winter. I hear certain areas, who had rain until only about 2 hours ago, have 7" of snow already.

Some areas are going to get huge numbers...but as of right now...NYC is in the middle. Their numbers will pop soon enough.

NNJ is about to start to crank again from EAST TO WEST. See the radar link and the precip heading from NYC along I 80 west.

And while checking out this radar...just take a look at Long Island..those are hurricane colors. Cant imagine what the f is going on there right now.

RADAR: http://www.wunderground.com/radar/r...7&lightning=0&smooth0&showlabels=1&rainsnow=0

Takes a couple seconds to load and the starts in motion by itself. It also refreshes on its own with the clock on left.