Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

fuck Boston, no one cares. Jay, when you say CONN is gonna get hammered, where do you mean? im in southwest Conn, Newtown, near Danbury ( well most people had never heard of Newtown) so AM I like 1 foot or two? And really, what the fuck difference does it make. This blows my anus

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Weather ch says12 to 18 for NYC,,,,ALL SNOW no rain,,they say all snow event ! Local news just said 14 plus for my neck of the woods :up: just spoke to work people told em C ya Monday :up::up::up:

Gonna plow and rest up Friday and on Saturday we snow tube and make igloos :beer:

Jay where is our 5 pm update ? Be safe all

Ps have fun with the kids in Orlando and Disney !

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

wish i was back home on LI for this. I love a good snow storm. would be better if it hit on a monday though

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Just pretend its IcyHot.

5. jonnyd

all sorts of flights are already being canceled

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Good luck to you folks up there...Stay safe.

7. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why didn't this happen on Tuesday so that my class can get canceled? I have been missing that luck

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's what I tell my ladies

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

That last paragraph is so nice I do not know what to say...I will gladly pm you my address but there really is no need whatsoever. Love the fact that you stayed..and love the fact you got the last tickets!

Ok..hold on one sec.

10. jaywayne12

WELCOME! Do you believe they named this storm NEMO? ARE you kidding me? Anyone that addresses the storm by that name will not have their questions answered.

Sorry for getting in late but my wife...my two boys and myself just went out for a great dinner. Give me a few minutes to settle in...and I will be on all night.

Feel free to ask any questions or any IMBY questions (in my back yard) about your location.

Saw there were a few questions so just give me a few minutes to answer...

Will be on all day tomorrow after 12 and ofcourse all night tonite and tomorrow when Im not outside..which will be quite a bit.

Ok..brb.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay,,,,snow blower is gassed up,,,,,generator is ready,,,,,,snow gear for kids n me is ready :up:

We have waited a long while for this,,,,,finally !
    Ps kudos Jay,,,yeah you made a mistake or 2 in the past but this one you called on the freaking money ! You said yesterday that this could happen and that it might be all snow in NYC and the tv clowns did not say it until 5 or 6 pm tonite,,,,I stray,,,,enjoy all the questions Jay and I look forward to the answers ! I will be on here often reading and posting,,,,,let the pigeons loose !

12. jaywayne12

Ok...will answer your questions but first a quick history on how we got here because 8 days ago this looked like a light snow event which I mentioned.

You have two storm systems and all along the models were showing the northern system to be the one that hit our area which meant lighter amounts. Northern Jet storms are not much in the way of big storms.

About 5 days ago, you might remember if you look back I mentioned a big..hmmmm..i just saw a model that looked really interesting. Not patting myself on the back..many saw that.

And then about 4 days ago the Euro model spit out a huge storm..it showed that the southern jet along with the northern jet would merge around L.I. It then spit out this huge storm but no other model showed it. Still, the Euro model is a great model..superior to all others but by itself until 3 days ago when several other models showed the same thing.

But the problem was always where..where would they merge. A more north merge would be a decent event south of northern Conn but huge for Mass, Maine etc.

Then the merge started moving south..until it settled around 50 miles south of L.I. And thats where we stand..perhaps a bit north of that.

The reason that is important is you can draw a straight line from the phase to inland and north of that line big snows..south..much less. The more north you go...more snow.

Sooooo...what happens? Well, I havent checked a model since 1pm but will do so on and off now. Blizzard warnings are out for east of Passaic County NJ NYC is under a blizzard warning starting at 6am but thats nonsense...the real storm doesnt get going until late afternoon.

13. jaywayne12

Yeah tomorrow morning Philly should be ok BB but they are canceling a ton of flights before the event I heard...so you might want to check. Too bad..he would have loved it.

14. jaywayne12

lololol..your good Jon.

You are in a real strike zone Jon..but again..this is a nowcast situation so yeah, you should get hammered and I like closer to 2 feet than 1. 18-20? I would say thats a fair estimate.

Jon...you live in Newtown?

15. jaywayne12

For snow lovers...yeah..thats the one curse. Much better if it were a Monday. L.I. is going to get everything mother nature has to offer.

16. jaywayne12

Totally agreed. My sons have an early dismissal tomorrow...big deal.

17. jaywayne12

Yes...the numbers they were throwing around last night were laughable. CBG..you got your storm bud!

And guess what..a bit of a rain storm that will cause some flooding for sure on Monday/ Tuesday..actually warms up..but then...then...a couple more down the line bud.

18. jaywayne12

TY CBG.

And for the record...NYC will get a period of rain I think..but when the storm starts to crank..the changeover comes right away.

Going to get updated on models now.

19. jaywayne12

Oh...and another thing...be safe...and smart. Get some gas for your generator if you are north of I80. Be prepared for power outages. Be prepared for a run on gas tonite..the stations by me are packed.

20. jonnyd

yep. My wife is born and raised here. Ive been living here for about 13 years or so