Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

This isn't a gas shortage problem, this is a power problem.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Just got backfrom my gas run. This is stupid. Incredible but some have it really tuff so better to just suck it up

OK really have to keep an eye on Wednesdays noreaster. Problem is this too is a very deep low pressure that seems to hug the coast with high winds and heavy rain. Some snow for interior but that depending on the model is up in the air. Eastern pa southern NY state can get over 6 ". NYC north jersey would need perfect track considering ocean temps

Regardless area that got hammered last storm may very well do so again with 30-40 MPH winds and 55 gusts. Will update tomorrow. Good luck folks.

Edit: latest models show even stronger winds then I mentioned above. Of course last storm came in in a destructive angle piling up water. this storm will not which is good. But,and this is a huge but, 45 MPH with 65 gusts will just be a huge setback and add to a total chaotic situation. Gas and other shortages will be recovering but normal fear will probably send many out on a search for gas Tuesday night. Might want to keep that in mind.

#2363 jaywayne12, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Jay,good to see you back on.

What would everyone recommend as far as a place to give donation? I already did the redcross,but i know the money doesn't go directly there so i am hoping there is way to donate directly to the tristate relief

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I donated blood today, hoping to get to Far Rockaway tomorrow to help out.

A bit of humor, I saw this pic:

[​IMG]

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You won't have a full moon high tide with this storm. This storm is likely to get trees off the coast on saturated land with lots of ledge. The coastal flooding was caused by the movement of water and the full moon high tides. Tides will be significantly lower this week.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

any chance i see the white stuff jay?

8. GordonGecko

Check out this guy's story, he got sucked out of his house when a tidal wave ripped off the kitchen of his house and he struggled to swim for 4 hours in the dark as he got pulled into the bay and back in Tom's River. He was suffering from hypothermia and managed to get to a house and broke in to find warmth and thought he was going to die. So he wrote a goodbye note apologizing to the homeowner for breaking in and wanted to let his dad know he wasn't a pussy and didn't die like a baby who gave up. Somehow he made it

[​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...toms-river-man-leaves-farewell-165046433.html

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

For those in Jersey... just read mandatory evacuations for parts of Brick, NJ by 6 PM tomorrow as another storm approaches. I can not believe this...

10. GordonGecko

People are too worried about this storm. Let's not forget what just hit us was a HURRICANE, a motherfucking full strength hurricane smack into the Jersey Shore. That's not supposed to happen and it probably won't happen again for decades. This upcoming storm should only be unusually bad if you already have sever damage to your house and don't have another place to stay

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

yeah,but its at minimum a delay is getting things up and running and thats bad enough for the area. Also high winds to possibly knock out more power again,and cold temps.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

My friend lives on Green Island and he is calling bs on this story...

13. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Got power back at 8:30 last night. A full week.

I live a stone or so throw from the Hudson River. No damage on my block. What a mess.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am pretty sure my area is under the mandatory evacuation. I was not going to go home anyway tonight due to the no power issue.

15. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

I smell a hornet, this note rings a bell, the last few lines look familar

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

101.5 reported that the storm isn't as strong as originally predicted. Back afta dis.

17. jaywayne12

Yes...but in many areas there is no more protection. For areas that were hit hard..it would take a decent storm and a decent storm surge to create problems for many...regardless..this is horrible timing for that area and with gusts-40 to 50...full moon high tides and so on are helpful not to exist..but this is horrendous timing for many..many people.

Latest models are also showing much more snow than the trace of snow being predicted. If these models are correct, 4-7 inches in many places of NJ are possible.

As far as where and who..it looks like northwest of philly...in a band...to central Conn. MAY BE in the snow zone...but model agreement really sucks.

Will be later on tonite for sure. Hopefully the models that came out in the last 4 hours are not correct but regardless..they show a storm that slowly comes up the coast and then just sits south of L.I. for a long period.

A good sign for those in NYC and LI, are that the wind will be from the north and northeast..much better for those areas.

I do not see much help for those in central Jersey and South EXCEPT the storm actually moves quicker until it slows to a crawl around L.I.

This by no means...NO MEANS..close to another Sandy. Just that if you get 6 inches of rain and then get 2...that really sucks. If you get a storm surge of historical magnitude..and 3 to 5 foot higher than normal surge is devastating to those people.

More people will lose power and those along the coast will even get some mix of rain and snow...friggin horrible.

#2377 jaywayne12, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  18. jaywayne12

i have always been a red cross giver...but have really tried to give more locally this time for many in my area have been truly screwed by this. Cant go wrong with Red Cross though.

19. Jets31

Jets31 Banned

Red Cross administrators and executives pull in 6 figures. I refuse to donate to them. Id rather send $500 to the volunteer local fire departments at the Jersey Shore.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jay Wayne thanks again for the info-----I have been worried all week about this storm,,,,I am worried that some of the trees have already been compromised and they still have lots of leaves----> this along with Rain / wet snow makes them very heavy when the high winds hit ! I think many people can and will lose power again should this thing hit as you say,,,,,,,,

I was talking to my wife this morning about this and we were watching the news / weather and she said " what does that JET GUY say on that websight ",,,," see what he says about all of this " ,,,we watch this thread more closely than the weather on the news---> nice job Jay and company :beer:

Ps when you look at the models later and are more confident as to where and how much ,,,,Let me know I am in Rockland / NW NJ and am concerned