Jay Cutler = The Next Great QB

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsLookingforDWare, Sep 8, 2008.

1. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Jay Cutler is going to have a huge year it looks like. Eddie Royal looks like a great receiver and once Brandon Marshall comes back Cutler is going to have all the weapons he needs to take on the San Diego Chargers. If week 1 is any indication I think the Broncos could possibly win the AFC West this year, but then again they did play the Raiders so who knows...

2. JetsLookingforDWare

Wow.

This guy is fuckin sick and his 3 favorite WRs are sick...

And Phillip Rivers should get some props by now...guy is a damn good QB himself.

3. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Denver goes for 2 to win the game instead of the tie with 20 seconds left and converts. Gee, it must be fun to root for a team that isn't run by a bunch of pussyfooting faggots.

4. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I have a feeling passing on Cutler for Brick will be something Jets fans will remember for quite some time.

Cutler is a warrior. Of course, they fell in love with the fabulous Kellen Clemens who looks better suited for an AFL career. The Jets will eventually have to get a QB whenever Favre decides to call it quits- I can't wait for that circus to start in the offseason. Every newspaper will cover Favre's retirement decision.

Cutler right now is as good as Favre. Instead of planning ahead to drafting a QB of the future, we'd have one right now.

5. JetsLookingforDWare

True, then all we'd have to do is find someone to protect him. I guess we probably would have sucked enough in '06 that we could get the opportunity to draft Joe Thomas...

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Probably

Man, but Cutler is looking damn good right now. He seems like he fits the type of player Mangini prides himself on finding, a guy who "loves football." I was kinda doubting your post after last week but you hit the nail on the head. Cutler is an elite QB in this league and I'd absolutely take him over Favre today. His success now is nothing new- anybody who can make Vandy competitive in the best conference in college has some skill.

He's going to be a good one and it will be fun to follow his career. Yes, I still hate Denver for 1998 but they're an easy team to root for right now.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't get why so many Jets fan hate the Broncos because of that game. The Broncos didn't cheat or get lucky. They were just better than the Jets. They weren't sloppy with the ball and Terrell Davis ripped through the Jets defense. I hated the Jets for losing as opposed to hating the Broncos for winning.

I wish DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket existed in the 1980s because I would not be a Jets fan. I'd be a Broncos fan. John Elway was my favorite player in the 1980s.

8. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Rivers had a better game than Cutler. So did Rodgers, Eli Manning and I don't know if there are more. Cutler's shoud have not been able to throw the last TD had the referee not screwed up when he fumbled the ball and blew the whistle. Should have been San Diego ball and the game would have been over.

9. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Cutler was 36-50 (72%) for 350 yards and 4 TDs with 1 pick against a pretty damn good San Diego defense
    Manning was 20-29 (69%) for 260 yards and 3 TDs with 1 pick against a horrid St. Louis defense
    Rodgers was 24-38 for 328 yards with 3 TDs and 0 picks against another horrid defense in Detroit

Cutler was phenomenal today.

10. coloradojet

Manning and Rdogers had better stats and a higher QB rating. You look at the yards per pass attempts.
    Cutler-7, Manning-8.53 Rodgers-8.63.
    Cutler threw a lot of passes, 50, to get 350 yards.

11. JetsLookingforDWare

You gotta be fuckin kidding me...

12. 624

624 Banned

Cutler would suck without a Left Tackle

13. akibud

akibud Active Member

I was never smart enough to understand why Cutler was not worth a 4 overall in the draft. My limited intelligence says if I need a QB and I'm drafting 4th and there is a very good one available, the best one of the bunch, whom everyone is certain will be 1st round pick, I'm taking him at number 4! But that's just me.

For all those who say that we took ferguson because that was a greater need, someone tell me how many LT drafted after him are doing just as fine or better than him. Then someone (can be the same person) tell me how many QBs drafted before or after Cutler are doing just as fine or better than him?

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

After his rookie year is when I was hooked. I told everyone that to me he could be the next Peyton Manning and everyone laughed at me for saying that. (He had only started 5games at that point.)

15. coloradojet

Yeah, check his stats for today. A passer rating of 71. How could such a great QB play so bad against a team that had lost twelve games in a row?