JAX game a must-win for playoffs in 06

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Oct 1, 2006.

1. FREEJET

FREEJET New Member

Jacksonville is way too physical for us on both lines. I think we had a better chance at beating the Colts than the Jags. That being said, anything can happen in the NFL and it is at least enjoyable watching this team play as well as it's talent will allow. To me, I can't get that upset when that happens. Disappointed, yes, pissed off , no.

2. Sean_in_titletown

I watched the entire Jets/Colts game start to finish yesterday. Here's my take on the Jets for what it's worth. They play very hard and physical but they just don't have the horses to make plays. Chad is single handedly keeping the Jets afloat. When you can't run the ball or stop the run then you are destined to be sub .500. Yet!.... Chad is defying logic and keeping this team afloat. You can NOT underestimate how valuable he is at this point. You realize that if this were Patrick Ramsey or Brooks Bollinger in there right now the team would be 0-4 by a large margin. Pennington is a marvel of modern medicine. I give Pennington a TON of credit. As far as people criticizing Mangini for going for it on 4th down....what chjoice did he have? He knows his defense couldn't contain Peyton and the Colts so he tried to take the 7 and try and let Chad (his best player by far) take the game on his shoulders. Overall, I'm very impressed with the Jets. I assumed Penninton would be IR'd by now and really didn't beleive the team was capable of more than 3-4 wins. Boy was I wrong.

#22 Sean_in_titletown, Oct 2, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

One game at a time guys, one game at a time....

4. robb

robb New Member

I think both teams will have their hands full. Our GREAT "D" (in Jax) disappeared on Sunday, and we need it back. We lost to the Redskins who have a similar finesse offense as the Jets.

I hope Coles is ok for you guys (but just not this week)

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Jets should have beaten the Jaguars last season the Jets are a much better team this season. I like our chances.

6. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

I hate to admit, but my only hope is to make it out of there healthy.....there probably the worse matchup for our team right now. As far as matchups go they are hardest team we have to face all year.

I'm not putting my playoff hopes in this game.

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Clinton Portis is not a finesse player. The Redskins pound on people with the running game and than go over the top when teams cheat up. We are a short passing game O. We can beat Jax if we get up on them early and take them out of their comfort zone. If they get a lead on us we will be obliterated up front on both sides of the ball.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Not a must win, but it would sure be great if we can pull it out, meaning odds are we will be 6-2 at the bye.

9. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Count me in as one of the fans doing a 180 around here. I had the lowest expectations coming into this season that I can ever remember feeling. I just get blown away now at the change in attitude: of the team, not the fans.

And no, this isn't a must win. But it is another large measuring stick before the relatively easy ride begins. I just hope to do well and come away healthy. A win would be fantastic, but in the end, I believe we will have enough of them under our belts to win the division. Yes: I said the division, not just a wild card. A month ago, I would have thought somebody saying that was an idiot. Now I believe it. Amazing...

10. ViLMaNiaC51

ViLMaNiaC51 New Member

Lets not say 5-3 at the bye (assuming a Jacksonville loss). I mean its the NFL, every team is prepared to win and anyteam can win at ANY time. Lets just go one week at a time damn.

11. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Not an attack on you personally, but I hate it when a person tells me to take it "one game at a time." I mean, I hope the players are focusing solely on the Jags, and dont think any of the games after are gimmes, but as a fan who doesnt have to go out there and play, I think I'm allowed to believe the Jets can easily be 6-2 or 5-3 by the time bye week rolls around, and then maybe finish 10-6 with a chance at the playoffs.

Again, no hard feelings :beer: