Jason Taylor seeming likely [edited]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Apr 12, 2010.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Haha, sorry. :finssuck:

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

From what I've read, I didn't see any indications that Taylor wanted to wait until after the draft to make a decision. I'm pretty sure Tanny expects to know one way or another before Thursday.

3. Montana

Montana Member

If Taylor wants to wait till after the draft, it's for one reason, and one reason only........he wants to give the Dolphins every last chance to sign him to a deal.

If he wants to ensure he gets himself a contract (a two year one, at that)....he'll be signing with us before Thursday...and I fully expect, that's what will take place.

If Taylor waits till after the draft......and the dolphins don't want him.....and Adalius Thomas gets released?.......he might find himself with no options whatsoever.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's what I sort of expect to happen at this point. He's waiting out Miami, just hoping they'll take him back. It seems they don't want him, and he's working himself right out of football.

5. Montana

Montana Member

That's kind of why I expect to hear he's agreed to join us, within the next day or two........because you know his agent is telling him just how real a possibility that is.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't know. Honestly, maybe he wasn't lying when he said he'd rather retire than be a Jet. I'd have to at least respect that he's a man (sorta) of his word.

7. Montana

Montana Member

I want Taylor as a Jet.......but I have to admit, if he decides to go back and join the Dolphins, (or retire as you suggest) I'd definitely come away from all this with more respect for him than I had before all this started.

It'd still be next to none.......but just a sliver more.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

This dude will be 36 or 37 by the time the season starts. Sure, he had a decent year last year, but its only downhill for the last few years. He could be a waste of money if he arrives in NY. He will still be better than the Ghost but Im praying to God we don't plan our draft according to JT signing or not signing. That would be mistake unless of course if we have a different position eyed regardless.

9. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Can u see that guy in a green and white uniform? I just threw up
    in my mouth.

10. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

waste of money? we are talking 1.5 million so that's almost nothing. Regardless of Taylor signing or not, I think the Jets are looking to add an OLB...it would just make the jobs of B. Thomas and Gholston a little less secure.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I know its only like $3.5 mil over two years, but by saying waste of money, I meant he won't be meeting his expectations the media (and even Rex) is creating. He'd be an avg at best OLB for us at age 36.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://twitter.com/Jeff_Darlington

check this fags twitter for updates.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Who are you to say that he won't reach expectations that Rex has created? Rex has done nothing but deliver on almost every expectation that he has created. In his rookie season, the only 2 things he has not delivered on were 1) Super Bowl (1 game shy) and 2) Gholston.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Im willing to bet he wouldn't be reaching 12 sacks and if he does, for the first time, I'd be happy losing the bet.

16. Montana

Montana Member

....and Kerry Rhodes being our Ed Reed.

I agree with your sentiment though, if Rex believes Jason Taylor can be effective as a situational pass rusher for us (after being effective player over 80% of the dolphins snaps on defense last year).....I believe in his decision.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

He never said he would be Ed Reed, but similar too him. He was right too, but Kerry had other things on his mind. Like being in Lady GarGar videos, and fighting with a brilliant secondary coach Dennis Thurman. asshole.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is actually the portion of his first presser that spawned all of the misconceptions that Rex was saying Kerry could be our Ed Reed:

Then Kerry made the following comment after Rex's presser:

19. Montana

Montana Member

right.......so he was also wrong about Kerry Rhodes.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yeah i suppose, but i loved how he replaced him. Brodney Pool.