Jason Taylor seeming likely [edited]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Apr 12, 2010.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

My ideal scenario:

- We sign Jason Taylor.
    - Gholston realizes hes a brilliant football player
    - Taylor rides pine in favor of the Ghost and get laughed at.

I can dream

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You forgot: Jets release Taylor week 16.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a wet dream to me!:up:

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That'd be amazing-

Now since the fans are even closer then can throw shit at him too, and I doubt they'd remove the fans considering what they paid to sit there.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's pretty comical.

What Tannenbaum says doesn't mean anything, I hadn't even read his quotes but it's common football sense that a guy like Taylor whether he signs or does not will not dictate what we do in the draft.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

My vision: They are announcing the Jets' roster coming out of the tunnel at the Super Bowl. The announcer says, "Linebacker, Jason Taylor!.................has been released by the Jets effective immediately.

7. TheDon

TheDon New Member

If he signs w/you guy then F him! Truth be told he has one more good (backup wise) year left and might actually help U guys and that would suck.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Bwahahahahahaha! The only thing missing is the picture-in-picture broadcast of the game and Taylor tearfully making his way to the airport.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

nothing that any front office is saying at this time of the year has any real meaning. the draft is all about bluffing and trying to work out whatever is best for the long term future of the team. maybe next time try an original thought to back up your opinion.

10. Montana

Montana Member

You mean like drafting an OLB at 29 or 61 if they're the best player available.......as opposed to passing on them because we signed a 36 year old Jason Taylor as a backup?

The idea Taylor would change our draft board is.....I'm sorry.......moronic.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

But it could change the draft board.

If the front office feels we truly NEED a pass rusher they will draft one even if he isnt BPA because we dont have one and thats something we need to get to the superbowl.

And by signing an OLB pass rusher (Taylor) it allows us to go BPA.

Plus it also means we could draft a developmental OLB instead of someone ready to start right now.

13. Montana

Montana Member

It's the truth, Jason Taylor won't effec our draft board.....but you'll understand that better in 6 days if a guy Clinksales and crew love fall in our laps at 29....like Brandon Graham or Sergio Kindle.

They may even take Hughes if BG, SK, and DE Odrick are all of the board.

Taylor's signing won't change that one iota.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And if we sign Taylor, when we don't draft a pass rusher, you will forever claim that the COULD HAVE drafted a pass rusher. Sad and pointless argument, with you. I don't even need to see a lot of posts from you to know where this is going.

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

of course you take BPA that's why they are trying to sign taylor. what your not understanding is that if they don't sign taylor they are no longer going BPA they are going to go best pash rusher available. the board changes with the signing of taylor because it brings a lot more options into the discussion at 29... is this concept really that hard?

16. Montana

Montana Member

We don't NEED a pass rusher.....what we need, is to improve our pass rush over last year....something we'll already be due to three factors.

1) The return of Jenkins.

2) Having Pace is available week, as oppossed to week 5.

3) The addition of Antonio Cromartie to our secondary......Brodney Pool, if better in coverage than Rhodes (as most expect him to be) will also help improve the rush by buying our front 7 moretime.

Bryan Thomas was ranked as one of the top weakside 3-4 OLB's in the NFL last year against the run (his #1 priority in , Calvin Pace in a shortened season had 8 sacks and 20 QB pressures

17. Montana

Montana Member

If Tannenbaum, Clinksales and Bradway have decided improving the pass rush at 29 is the teams #1 priority (which I believe and pray they do).....They'll do so by taking the player most likely to do so....regardless of whether they sign Taylor or not.

My draft board for the pass rush would be something like.....

1) Brandon Graham
    2) Sergio Kindle
    3) Jared Odrick
    4) Mount Cody
    5) Jerry Hughes
    6) Tyson Alualu.
    7) Everson Griffin

If their board looked anything similar, there's no way they're signing Jason Taylor is going to encourage them to remove all the OLB's.....none.

18. Montana

Montana Member

If we don't sign Taylor we'll draft theBPA to help improve our pass rush......that could be a weakside OLB like Graham.....it could just as easily be a 5 technique DE like Jared Odrick.....or a NT like Mount Cody, which would allow Rex to slide Jenk over to DE.

If we don't sign Taylor......and guys like Graham, Kindle, Hughes are all off the board they're not going to reach for a Ricky Sapp, when a Odrick or Cody would do more to improve our pass rush.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

But our inability to rush the passer against the Colts is what ultimately does us in. We likely still don't win but it's a much better and closer game if we can get some pressure on mush mouth.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Well that and the fact we had awful Drew Coleman running around out there trying to cover Garcon and Collie.