JARVIS JONES or MANTI TE'O, the only Defensive choices in Rd 1

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Nov 5, 2012.

1. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

THIS....x 10000

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

The thinking is Te'O HAS top ten talent but its whole another story if he's taken actually in the top ten because of ILB need and how much they are valued.

There's a difference there. I think he's a top ten talent in this somewhat mediocre heavy loaded draft but doesn't mean he goes there.

Comparing Te'O to McClain is unfair to Te'O....when has Te'O ever shown the off the field problems McClain ever did or ever have the chronic injuries(There were once reports of McClain having Chrohn's disease heading to the draft) McClain had?

3. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Neither.....DION JORDAN....all the way.

4. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

No way. His height will play against him in the NFL. IMO he plays too tall and it takes him awhile to get going. Not something I would take a chance on in this important draft.

5. 818JET

818JET New Member

no way jones will be there at 9 and te'o is not a pash rusher. im sick and tired of watching brady have all day to throw the ball. i want a pass rush! seeing as how that we're gonna lose scott, pace, and prolly thomas (as if they could create pressure) does anyone think we could have success switching to a 4-3? coples can play edge and wilkerson and pouha/ellis/ devito at dt's. this draft is deep with pass rushers, so with our 1st pick we could trade down in the 1st and snag up alex okafor. okafor is projected a late 1st rd pick. with coples and okafor on the edges and mo in the middle this front could wreak havoc on opposing olines for years to come, thoughts?

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Why go with 4-3 when things are about to get better with 3-4? Once Ellis starts picking up double teams on a regular basis, having young and fast OLBs would prove very helpful.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Rex is using a Hybrid defensive system, were not strickly a 4-3 or a 3-4.

It was clear drafting Coples last year, Rex wanted more 4 man fronts on certain downs.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes, Rex realized the strength in the front 7 was the development of the line, as the LBs were becoming old and slow, and unlike Mangini can mold the defense around players strengths instead of sticking to alignments that force talented players out (Vilma)...... If the JETS end up with someone like Star (you spell his last name), I can see some 4-3 with Coples, Ellis, Star and Wilk, or a rotation with the big three if they can get a decent OLB.

about Te'o..... I was concerned about their NC game. That was the closest to playing vs NFL talent, and he was repeatedly blasted by Bama's linemen..... now I don't get to watch much NCAA (I do see some ND games as they're on later) aside from the bowls, but big time players step up in big time games.
    He seems like a great dude, so I hope he works out.

I still think he can be a good NFL player, but I don't want to draft him @ #9

#288 stinkyB, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  9. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

10. 818JET

818JET New Member

things are getting better because of the dline, mo is a stud and coples shows lots of promise. im iffy on ellis, hes never healthy. harris is not a good rusher, but can is our best tackler and davis is speedy and pretty good in coverage. if we can draft another olb in the later rounds jus like we did with davis last draft paired with okafor, this front 7 seven could be ruthless for years to come.

11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Well that went out the fucking neighborhood now didn't it. Granted its not worse than what McClain has ever done but still.

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Here is the scenario:

Manti Teo falls to #9, and the Jets Draft him. (The assumption is that we do draft Teo, and doesn't matter who is available)

Do we try and trade David Harris, and what can we get for him if we do?

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Some of you guys have no idea when it comes to our defense

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No..the cap hit this year would be 13.5 mil if we trade him..next year we can dump him though and the hit would only be 2.

16. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Explain please?

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Not if we trade him, if we cut him, yes.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

WW...Would you still take Teo at 9?

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Not after all this crap came out 3 weeks ago.

I don't buy he was duped, there's more to this story and he hasn't been truthful.

Character is very important in my evaulations and he took a big hit in my book.

The other MLB, Olgetree is no choir boy too, probably a lot worse than Te'o.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I mean why not draft him? The other guy admitted to duping Teo...I still like Manti Te'o if it fixes a need...but more importantly if we can trade that would bode better for the Jets.