James Bond: SkyFall

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by CodeGreen, May 21, 2012.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i used to love watching Bond...GoldenEye is where it started for me. Amazing film that was...They have all 22 movies on dvd, I need to watch some of the old ones

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

In July STARZ played all of them all month long. I recorded them all onto DVD so I finally have the full collection.

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

As a big Bond fan, I'll say it was a very good movie. As a Bond movie, it still didn't fully feel like Bond. I can't explain it, it's just different. These films, really in a way need to be looked at differently to the older movies.

The ending scene made me smile because it gave me hope of a return to the old Bond films. It was probably my favorite scene in the movie.

#43 LeonNYJ, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

The Sean Connery movies are the best (although I really like Live and Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me). Daniel Craig makes a good Bond though.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I noticed the set in my head and thought "this looks familiar" and then once they spoke it hit me. Great ending.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This... I saw the movie today and it was pretty damn good. I wasn't expecting anything on the level of "You Only Live Twice" or "Goldfinger" but it was way beyond the last Craig/Bond movie. He actually looked more like an agent than a blunt instrument of destruction.

I really liked how they tied in the old Bond movie icons. The original Aston Martin, the Walther PPK were both either destroyed or shown to be inadequate in today's world. I would like to think they give Bond a nicer car AND a more powerful handgun than that lil 9mm.

If the intent was a complete reboot of the franchise, this was accomplished with "Skyfall" as I do look forward to the next Bond movie. They even updated Ms. Moneypenny complete with the sexual tension. That they replaced Judy Dentch with a male role was quite a gamble I thought as there aren't many Male authority figures left in the movies. Judy was getting a bit long in the tooth to play the roll.

Kudos to Skyfall! I look forward to the rebooted Bond Fanchise.

7. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

[YOUTUBE]NRaDQZGFdBs[/YOUTUBE]

Did you know that Dink (Margaret Nolan) is also the girl in the credits of Goldfinger?

[​IMG]

And was an insanely hot glamor model that often modeled lingerie and in the nude? Look her up.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

As far as the best films my personal favorite is From Russia with Love, the fight scene on the Orient Express with Robert Shaw was awesome. Being it was only the 2nd film and followed by Goldfinger I think it gets lost in a lot of people's list.

You only Live Twice was too goofy, Connery made up to look like a Japanese guy was awful but I did like the Ninja school.

I liked Dalton, he was cold, ruthless however I always get his two films mixed up. I liked the one where he has to save the cello player but not the one with the guy who played one of the Fratelli Brothers in Goonies. The opening scene on Gibraltar was outstanding.

I even saw Never Say Never Again which was the Connery redux on Thunderball.

Im not sure if this is a top 5 or not but it was dam good

I think for me my top 5 would be

From Russia
    Goldfinger
    Live and Let Die (Love me some Jane Seymour!!!)
    The Spy Who Loved Me
    Goldeneye (and how can you not love Tina singing the opening)

What I really loved about this one was the homage that was paid to the old school films, I even loved Adelle's opening sequence. It was truly a Bond opening, not like the crap Madonna did. Adelle really brought it back to the late 60's early 70's Shirley Bassey style of doing it. Just a great song.

9. Cman68

Cmon.. How can you not like "Little Nellie" and her father. That gadget spawned an entire industry/hobby. Besides, I thought it was better than Diamonds Are Forever. Goldfinger and Thunderball were my other all time favs.

I did like Moonraker from the Roger Moore series of Bond flicks.

Again, I think as a reboot of a franchise, this production did a very good job of it.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Thunderball has been my favorite forever. Such a great movie.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Loved Skyfall - a nice break from the usual bond films. My favorite will always be Goldeneye and You Only Live Twice. Goldeneye was a damn classic though, especially the opening song.

12. akibud

akibud Active Member

I saw it yesterday and loved it. One question though..... Maybe a spoiler of sorts.

Did Bond hit that new moneypenny?

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Surprised you guys consider some of the other films as your best. Dr. No was the first bond film and the best reviewed. No top 5 on that?

14. Barry the Baptist

The opening to You Only Live Twice was great, I've even used the line with a few Asian girls that he told the girl in Hong Kong... "Old Japanese proverb, Bird no make nest in bare tree".

No, her line about "close shaves" led me to believe that he did not get in her pants. I love the whole way that came to play though. I never saw it coming.

15. akibud

akibud Active Member

true, that was clever. It also ties in with what we know historically of the relationship between the 2 characters. Very heavy on the flirting and innuendos

16. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Moonraker and Man with The Golden Gun are vastly underrated in my opinion. Jaws side love-affair in Moonraker was goofy, but I mean Hugo Drax as the cold ruthless billionaire hellbent on remaking the world in his image shits on Stromberg in my opinion.

Liked this Bond a lot. I think people often lose sight of the fact that the first three Bonds were meant to reboot the franchise and flesh out Bond's backstory, to explain what made him the person that we're introduced to when we first meet Connery as Bond in Dr. No. It's going to be really interesting to see where they go with the 4th movie, as they very easily could be lazy and decide to do a remake of any number of Connery Bond-flicks.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't think so. He never did in the old ones if I remember correctly, they just play on words and have fun with each other through dialogue, what they did here. I love her as the new moneypenny. Great transition.

18. Cman68

I think the original Ms. Moneypenny would have approved of her replacement. I have a feeling that Mr. Craig will go down with both Roger Moore and Sean Connery as the most popular actors to ever have played 007.

This franchise is primed for a long and prosperous run.

19. Barry the Baptist

Yeah, Craig is great. He really shows the pain that Bond has suffered, you never saw that with Moore but Craig really plays the part of a guy wholives with the suffering of losing his parents when he was a kid well. I don't remember teh background but I believe they died when he was 10 in some type of skiing accident.

20. Cman68

If memory serves, I don't remember any incarnation of James Bond ever getting shot or even showing so much as a scratch. I could be wrong but I just don't remember that. So far, this James Bond has proven to be human which I think is a huge advantage in this day and age.

Three more things they need to do:

1: Get Bond a nice ride. M's Jag certainly would fit the bill
    2: Get Bond a bigger, more powerful gun. That Walther PPK looked like a .380 and only held what? 8rds.?
    3: Gadgets: Perhaps not as many as the old days, but hell, every gov't agency these days depends on some kind of Tech.

#60 Cman68, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012