Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This thread is bullshit!!!

Adams is great! He’s not a loser!

he said so himself!!!

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Jamal needs to show up in Miami and that means at least one interception and either another or a forced fumble. A sack would be nice too.

fansince90 likes this.
  3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Lol. What he doesn't seem to realize is, he also isn't much of a difference maker. Otherwise, his current team wouldn't have lost so much.

Love the kid. Wish he'd learn to tweet a lot less and not wear his emotions on his sleeve quite so much. I've seen many Instagram posts of him flexing after a loss. Then when people jump all over him he gets defensive.

fansince90 likes this.
  4. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. If I could swap Adams for a good center, who had a chance to solidify the position for ten years, I would make the swap. If I could swap him for a good offensive tackle, I would bite your hand off.

fansince90 and Andy_M like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At this point, Adams needs to move on and start over someplace other than a developing team. At the very least, during the offseason JD needs to move the kid for DP's as this player apparently isn't the type that can handle years of losing waiting for a breakthru moment. JD should absolutely call Dallas back but now, because Adams has all but requested a trade, the Jets won't get near as much for him as they're asking. Take the 2 DP's and let him go. The Jets won't be competitive for at least another 2 drafts if they're extremely lucky as they are building from a roster all be devoid of serious talent except for perhaps 6 out of 53 players. Keeping Adams because they can benefits no one and only leads to more bitterness.

Since1969 likes this.
  6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

How far the mighty have fallen... fuck this guy
    Use him as trade bait to move up in the first round of 2020 draft & draft a CB or OL & start building this team the right way .

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

And if you don't think this kid and his agent aren't going to be a major off-season problem, I don't know what to tell you. Talented yes, plays with emotion, seems to care very much - all true. Having said that, this week he's shown his true colors and is not mature enough yet to understand that he is employed by a team and it's a business, taking a phone call from other teams about his availability is not personal...

GROW-THE_FUCK_UP

Andy_M and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

To be fair, he did stop the 2 point conversion against Dallas to give us our only win. But yeah, he's the type of guy that acts on emotion. Not necessarily a bad thing, but also not always a good thing. Such as in this situation.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s become apparent from his tweets and interview he might not have a sack

bicketybam likes this.
  10. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

So it turns out that Robbie is smarter and more of a team player than Jamal........Who'd A Thought.......:)

I imagine if this persists he'll be traded during the draft (Jamal that is...).

#1050 Andy_M, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Adams is not a winner. Winners step up when facing adversity, they become part of the solution. The Jets lose some games and he wants out, that's a losers mentality. Everyone likes football when the team is winning, duh.

Adams is just another guy, a loser. He can be replaced easily. I hope he gets booed by jets fans the rest of the season and gets shipped out on the 1st day of the new league year

Andy_M likes this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Some of you guys are as dramatic as he is....

1) Yes, he's being a bitch.... Jamal, just shut up

2) Yes, he's still a very good player (people here are going to diminish his ability like the "Mevis" thing"

3) To play devil's advocate... IF it actually occurred the way he said, and he was lied to his face and he was being "shopped", I'd be a little bent too. Douglas couldve just said, "You're a great player and we want you here, but NO ONE is untouchable if we get a crazy offer... that's just business" and none of this shit would happen.

4) but yeah, he'll be most likely on a different team next year... hopefully not traded for less than Dallas' offer.... that would be SO Jets.

#1054 stinkyB, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    TonyFtLaud, Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It really is amazing when you look at the facts of those whole event.

• Jets have roster issues in 3 main areas, Offensive Line, Corner, and Pass Rush.
    • Douglas and Adams have a 1 on 1 meeting and Douglas assures him that the Jets are not actively shopping him and that he is in their long-term plans.
    • Trade deadline approaches and Douglas takes calls on all players, including Jamal Adams.
    • Nothing he is offered would make sense and Douglas decides having Adams is worth more than he would have gotten in a trade.
    • Adams comes out on Twitter claiming Douglas went behind his back after their conversation.
    • Douglas comes out and says he was never shopping Adams but was always taught to listen to offers for any player.
    • Douglas then states that ultimately he felt Adams was worth more than he was offered and decided to deny any trade offers.
    • Adams then comes out stating that he is "hurt" and compares himself to Donald and Brady, 1 first ballet HOF'er, and 1 likely HOF'er.
    • Douglas attempts to set up meeting with Adams to nip this in the butt head on and approach it all like a man, face to face.
    • Adams denies the request for a meeting.

It is remarkable how fuckin' childish Adams is and so hard for anyone to take his side on this one.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Forget Dallas, trading Adams during the offseason opens him up to every team, not just a couple contenders. The team I’d be calling up right now is TB who will likely have a pretty high pick & a certain former coach who would likely love reuniting with Jamal.

BudJet, NYJFOREVER and stinkyB like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Who cares if he was shopped? What did you want the GM to say? Sit down hold his hand and have an emotional exchange with tears and hugs?

The GM owes a player nothing. And even if that conversation was had, I'm sure that would've resulted in the same situation with Adams blasting the team on social media. We really made a mistake not dealing him because now his value is going to be driven way down when the entire football world knows he wants out.

Jake, IIMeanDeanII and FJF like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not to mention, Adams should pay more attention. There was a world of speculation that the Rams were going to move Aaron Donald before he got his deal.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/08/dallas-cowboys-trade-possibility-aaron-donald-target/

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/8/22/14784958/aaron-donald-contract-rumors-news-trade-rams-49ers

https://lasportshub.com/2018/08/04/los-angeles-rams-aaron-donald-trade/

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/08/22/los-angeles-rams-aaron-donald-trade-consideration/

I mean it's all speculation but it's also harder to find sources nearly two years later. But it was certainly talked about.

FJF likes this.
  18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

he's also been the more successful Jet, and makes more big plays, if you ask me. Jamal's shining moment was a garbage time pick 6 against the Pats back up this season..

He's SAWFT. fuck em.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Tears and hugs? youre being as dramatic as Jamal....

But unfortunately I do agree with the last sentence.....