Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Yep. Anyone who signed this past offseason must be thinking they made a huge mistake. In terms of future offseason's, we are going to have a hard time convincing anyone to come here and yet again, we will need to pay by a ton in order to be competitive in the open market.

No one is coming here willingly.

Chris Johnson and Woody Johnson need to essentially become absentee owners at this point. Fund the operation, but in terms of all football decisions, they need to be made solely by Joe Douglas

ColoradoContrails and fansince90 like this.
  2. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams is a good player. Not a great one, too many penalties. He's more concerned with his brand than he is with winning. He played at LSU where there is a surplus of talent. A true great would still shine when everyone else is shit around you. He doesnt look like he warranted a top 10 1st round pick.

ColoradoContrails and fansince90 like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We all want this kid to be Troy Polamalu and he just isn't.

fansince90 likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd be open to trading him if the right offer came. Yes, draft picks are unproven, but we have massive holes at the impact positions of OL, Edge, CB, and WR. By getting more picks, it'll be easier to start fixing the OL and address one of the other positions, preferably WR as the upcoming draft has a deep class of WR's.

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I think it would be silly to not see what they could get for him.

Go see what Dallas would be willing to give up for him? Maybe they could snag a 1st and 3rd.

They need to start investing draft picks on premium positions. OL/CB/Pass Rusher

Go get Chase Young with one 1st rounder, and an OL with another.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JetBlue and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Who was the last draft pick that was a superstar/ top 5 player in his position? Keyshawn?

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I heard Jamal is a winner

I heard Jamal is a leader

I heard Jamal makes big plays

but then- this all came from Jamal’s own mouth

trade this hype queen to the Cowboys and move on to players who play more than they talk.

bye

8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

My man Toon probably.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Revis/Mangold

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That would be Jamal Adams, 2nd team All-Pro. :cool:

Section 336 and K'OB like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even consider trading Adams.

His bad plays this year have been like the bad plays Darnold has been making.

He's trying to make plays, he's taking risks to make those plays but the Jets are such a lost cause that it doesn't turn out well.

But he unquestionably bleeds green and white he gives 100% of his mind, body and soul out on the football field every Sunday. He wants to win. The talent is evident. Those are the kind of guys I want on my football team, those are the kind of guys I want to root for.

I can forgive bad plays, mistakes I can't forgive lack of effort or not playing through a injury that could be played through or zero production while making a ton of money.

Get rid of the trash, get rid of the lazy, money hungry mercs. Keep the good.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Right after the touchdown drive where the Jets went up 7-6, Adams had a golden opportunity to really change the game. Minshew threw it right to him at the Jets 20 yard line and he dropped it. Adams catches it there and the Jets go up 14-6, we are looking at a different ballgame.

Impact players are counted on to make impact plays.

Chadchrebet and dawinner127 like this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He's trying to make plays? Minshew threw the ball right to him after we went up 7-6 and he dropped it. Catch the damn ball.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Definitely did not play well on Sunday, probably his worst game if his career. Definitely should not be even thinking about trading him either.

15. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Sick of this guy, already.

He doesn't come from losing?

Then where does he come from, because what exactly has he won? In college or in the NFL. Make a damn play, and shut your mouth.

Several times he's had the chance to make a game changing or drive changing play, whether it be a pick or Sack.. and never does

Chadchrebet likes this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yea what a dick. We should get rid of all players that are sick of losing and only bring in players that accept losing from now on. Seriously why do we have a guy that cares still on the roster.

Only the Jets!!

Peebag likes this.
  17. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Keyshawn was an Fing bum. The best part about eyshawn was the pics we got from the Bucs. Couldn't hold Toon, Walker, Chrebet, or Coles's jock as far as I'm concerned.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I wouldn't go quite that far, but the sentiment is in the right ballpark. I've said it about Keymouth several times in the past: he could've been an elite talent if he didn't let his mouth, his ego, and his at times questionable work ethic get in the way. Yeah, he has a ring and all that, but he could've gone to the next level if he just shut up and played. I don't know why Fat Parcells tolerated some of his horseshit - it's really a mystery - but they have a long-standing relationship of mutual respect, who knows why. Fat Parcells, slowly I turned . . . that fat quitter gave me nothing.

But anyway, the most complete game of Keymouth's career was vs. the Jaguars in the POs. See Keymouth run! See Keymouth catch! See Keymouth block! Shit, did he even punt in that game?! See, that's what I mean. No way everyone has a career day every week, but if you can put that on the field even four times a year when you really want to, my point stands.

First sentence of post #35, I can't believe this went unnoticed, haha:

New York Jets Q & A (Trivia) For Distraction and Shiggles

Buncha lame asses around here.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Jamal Adams, lemme get back to this guy for a second. Wasn't he running his mouth on social media a couple of weeks ago again (correct, I haven't read the last 15 or so pages of this thread) that he's sick of losing blah blah blah (again). These guys make me laugh. I remember last year that he was carrying on that the team had a losing vibe and everyone only wanted to do the bare minimum. OK, on the one hand, I guess someone had to say it, but on the other hand, shouldn't you shut your face about shit like that when you have a shitty game?

Social media, good God, when will these idiots learn. It's like they have a compulsive disorder but they really don't. They're just immature and willfully retarded. I'd much rather listen to someone with legitimate Tourette's rip out a tirade for the ages when they can't help it than someone who can help it but is perpetually locked in the 6th grade. I'm unliking this, wah. I ate this for lunch, you just couldn't live without that. My ass looks like this, see?, LOOK AT IT. Fck you, who cares.

20. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

The Jets need to do a better job at understanding what positions are most valuable at the top of the draft...drafting run stuffing lineman and safeties is just a waste of assets especially when you can find solid players at those positions in free agency...they should be drafting offensive lineman and pass rushers...when the team is stable then worry about skill players....if trading Adams and Bell can expedite this process by a few years I'm all for it.