Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Love Adams, but I would be shocked if he re-signs when he's up for free agency. Dude is a winner, and looks frustrated & embarrassed by how this team has performed.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

How bout a large stop reading what i post about your hero since my comments and questions enrage you so much.
    Admittedly my fandom is in serious jeopardy...i guess you had a stroke when fans started booing and a heart attack when you saw what the Post wrote Monday...don't worry im trained in cpr and first aid...I'm sworn to help you when you have you next seizure.

#942 fansince90, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The thing that people tend to not like about Adams is for the same reasons they have a beef with Leonard Williams. But it's two completely different scenarios.

Safeties can and do do a lot of things that don't show up on film. Rarely do you see balls caught near Adams or in front of him.

Whereas Leonard Williams is just a bad pass rusher who can't take over a game at the line of scrimmage. You could live with the lack of pass rush from him if he was really commanded double teams and the Jets were still stopping the run. But he doesn't do that.

And for as much as I love his fire and think he's a much better player than Leonard Williams, I tend to wish he picked off a couple more balls where he absolutely breaks right and comes flying through with the interception. He needs to learn to anticipate better.

He's a good player but he IS overrated by our fan base. Maybe the flurry of interceptions are coming? His career looks a lot like Eric Weddles right now. So maybe the interceptions ARE coming. Strong safety does offer a lot less opportunities to do so than free safety does unless you play a lot of robber coverage. Which we don't because we have to blitz a lot.

#943 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  4. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Adams says all the right things but he's always a step from making the big play. He's got more PI and late hit penalties than forced turnovers.
    He's nowhere near the safety this board thinks he is. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a game- changing (positive) impact play the guy has ever made. And don't say the Dallas game-- he was 2 steps late on an unblocked blitz and didn't prevent the QB from delivering an on-target throw. I want him to be dominant as much as anyone on this board but the level of love he gets for very little meaningful production is astounding to me.

Jedi mind tricks and fansince90 like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He ain't as bad as Sam... :mad:

6. fansince90

I was really waiting for someone else to comment. I dont mind being the villian but some fanatic thinks im just trying to keep the thread alive.
    You have pretty much said everything i was gonna say. He dropped a potential pick, and gave up a td that did not display the coverage skills of a prow bowl safety who thinks he can also play corner. He made more plays against us than for us. I will restate...it doesn't help my fandom by pointing out his faults...im just supporting my OP with evidence as the season goes along.
    He is better than i originally thought he was but not as good as many say he is.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Unless things turn around PDQ, I can't see Adams re-signing again. This team is a fckn disgrace and its destroying the careers of not only young players, but formally competent FA's as well. I can only imagine what is going on privately in Bell's mind. He's saying the right things publicly, but you have to wonder if he's asking "WTF did I get myself into here??"

8. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I’ve said this a bunch and I get ripped for it. He’s a good player not a great one. Yea he’s active and makes takes, cool I guess. He doesn’t make game changing plays. Great players change the game and make the team better and those better around them

9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Nobody is resigning with this dumpster fire of a franchise. First, who wants to go out and be embarrassed each and every week on the scale that the Jets are. That and the Osemele thing are going to hang over this franchise for a while.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Osemele got off easy...

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the exaggeration of Adams by fans is a defense mechanism to avoid admitting how bad a decision it was for the team without a QB to draft him and pass on Mahomes and Watson.

jets_fan likes this.
  12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It was definitely a poor decision, although it worked out well for those two QBs. Surely we would have ruined whichever of them we would have drafted had Maccagnan gone that route.

K'OB and JetBlue like this.
  13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He talks like he’s Ronnie Lott

But sir, you are no Ronnie Lott

You’re a Lott if talk

jets_fan likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Adams is Lott Lite.

One of these is gonna stick.... :confused:

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not to mention we went double or nothing by taking ANOTHER safety in round two and that free safety doesn't pick off balls force fumbles or tackle in the open field.

16. fansince90

I haven't read 1 counterargument tonight...I'm assuming the truth has finally sunk in.
    Guys need to stop acting as if this forum is not a place for opinions to be expressed and cool out with the disrespectful derogatory comments.(although they do make me laugh from time to time).
    At one time i felt myself falling int3i that mode trying to defend my ideas but i realized i can only control my posts and my thinking.

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

LOL for one, Adams is legit one of the bright spots on the team. If you want to talk about his "lack" of game changing plays, I mean the whole defense is basically that way. For one, the Jets aren't generating enough pressure off the front alone so guess what, you're best "blitzer" is Jamal Adams. The one play I do remember is he screamed off the edge and just missed Minshew (think this was the long TD play). When he played what seemed like a robber position, he almost had that pick today too. The Jets can't afford to have Adams play with his hair on fire like he should because the corners aren't good enough for him to do so. He's basically the Jets best cover guy, best blitzer and best in the box.

Excluding JA, who do you think is the best cover corner? That's likely Roberts.
    Best pass rusher?? eh, I saw Jordan Willis off the edge a few times get a step, he caused a fumble but that's it.
    Best LB? Currently it's probably Cashman, I do like Hewitt when he's healthy.

There's huge issues on the roster...lack of a true pass rusher(s) off the edge, good cover corners...it's a total mess, I'm not going to complain about lack of splash plays here.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Agree

I’m hard on Jamal

not because he plays bad

he is a bright spot

I’m hard on him because he talks the most and that makes him my lightning rod

If we had organic pressure I’m sure he would have some great plays. But for now, he’s just a dude.

I like the quiet ones who let their play do the talking

CBG likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Those guys all play for New England... :confused:

CBG likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yesterday was Adams' worst game as a professional.

But I especially didn't like what I saw on that last Jaguars touchdown. Adams gave up on the play.