Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

These boys are not used to losing. Yes the money cushions that but only for a while.

i wouldn't be immune to trading him before the deadline. if a team is dangling a 1 and 3 for him it would be a possibility. but in reality for a hybrid safety/LB teams would likely only dangle a 1.

tough call - here we finally have a good young player to build around and now we ship him out. oh the F jets. LOL

2. Hes a great player but has he truly been impactful from a win-loss perspective? Absolutely not.

He cant seem to keep his mouth shut or do his talking on the field.It’s no wonder he may want out bc hes tired of having egg on his face.

I also question how much of a leader he truly is.Do his teammates respond favorably to him in practice/gameday? Judging by body language their always seems to be alittle eye rolling. Ever heard another jet player rave about his leadership? Not really. So if this guy is always chirping & throwing hissy fits after losses yet isnt a respected leader, that becomes counterproductive in a rebuild. Think his teammates were happy about the “dogs” comment end of last season? Just sayin..

Ramsey for Adams straight up..Ramsey has issues all his own but hes a good teammate, plays a more impactful position & gregg williams would be good for him. I think Coughlin would love Adams down in the Ville.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that would be an interesting trade thats for sure...

I don't necessarily agree with your assessment or questions about Adams, however, just from a value standpoint - a pro bowl corner is more valuable than a pro bowl hybrid safety. So..... I would make that trade

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That goes for pretty much any non-QB. Yeah there are more valuable positions than safety (OL, WR, EDGE, CB), but even those positions don't affect the game that much by themselves. See the 2013 Texans finishing 2-14 despite JJ Watt getting 10.5 sacks and finishing 1st Team All Pro.

FJF likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Adams is now a hybrid safety/lb?

6. BrowningNagle

he plays in the box all game, I would say so...

2 weeks in a row by the way, the opponents waited for Adams to blitz and then hit the Jets with a big play in the middle of the field. Williams should stop blitzing Adams

Stevied likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

idk..
    the Bears were pure shit and then they got Khalil Mack.
    Look what Luke Kuechly does for Carolina
    Julio Jones transforms that Atlanta team
    Tre White & Jordan Poyer in Buffalo. Those guys are the reason they will make the playoffs

I could go on and on. Superstar players are the reason teams win, period. the Jets simply don't have any superstar players

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ So you don't consider LeVeon Bell a superstar?

9. BrowningNagle

No I don't.

10. The jets have been passing game challenged on both sides of the ball since 2011 & thats being generous bc an argument can be made it goes back even further than that.

Theyve prioritized defense and done so in all the wrong places. Theyve missed on countless corners in the draft,have refused to address edge rush & quite often the players they actually hit on’s greatest strength is in the running game. Bowles priority was stopping the run including w how he viewed corner prospects & Mac said at his last post draft press conference that run defense would be a strength.

Offensive passing game has been even worse. We’ve passed on countless WR/skill prospects in favor of defense or workout warriors who cant catch or run routes. Now the OL is deteriorated into scorched earth & here we are.

Those who think OL will solve everything havent watched this team over the last 2 decades.OL is crucial but this team will not come anywhere close to what we all want until they figure out the passing game. You have to have players who can win on the edge/boundary every single week. We may not have a single player who fits that description.

You cannot win 3rd down/2 minute w no edge rush/viable corner on D OR zero pass pro/viable targets on O.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

2015 under Fitz with Decker + Marshall we were ranked 14 or 15 in passing and 11th in total offense

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The bolded sentence is exactly why I'm for going WR in round 1 next year. We need to get playmakers for Sam in addition to a better OL. The few playmakers we've had over the last several years have been imports. How about we develop our own dynamic skill position players who could be with us for 5-10 years.

13. BrowningNagle

the only times in the past when the Jets have been good is when they had a good offensive line. I wish someone would get this into the Johnson family's empty heads

14. Fair point..but that was one season & i think we call agree that was far from sustainable.The OL overachieved & the passing game was still a wild card from week to week.When we needed it most it failed us against a bad Buffalo team that had nothing ti play for.

15. We’re 100% on the same page.

For one the OL big board looks to lack a true dominant top 10 prospect w value starting in later portion of day 1 into day 2..

Secondly, i think folks have a lack of respect for instant offense for this team.We take scoring points for granted bc we’re so focused on the micro level positional issues. If we even had one guy we could count on for a TD & 100 yds in the passing game every single week(OL performance be damned) thats one more TD then we can count on now. This draft has those type of talents at WR who currently offer better value than the OL early. They dont come around often..and theres no doubt right now OL can be addressed day 2 & early day 3.

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah cause barry sanders and calvin johnson 2 of the top superstars ever in the NFL, really got the lions so many superbowls huh?

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Disagree here. WR is the 1 position most likely to bust in the 1st round. Also the best position for finding starters later in the draft. This draft is too good at OT. I think we need to LT in the 1st, and probably C in the 2nd. 3rd round could be a CB or WR. depends on the board. Of course alot of this really depends on where we draft and how the board lies so it's way too early to figure this all out. WR is a need for us as is CB but o-line is a much bigger need right now

18. BrowningNagle

Kurt, what about that kid from Georgia? he looks like a great tackle to me

19. WR is most likely to bust bc quite often teams reach due to the short supply and/or dont have a viable QB. If you look at this class thats not even close to an issue.These are legit game changers who dont need their stock inflated at all & for once we have said QB(Hopefully).

This team’s attitude forever has been find WRs later. Other than Enunwa & Peake on ST how has that worked out? D Smith,A Stewart,C Hanson, S Hill,Scotty Mcknight...

I agree OL is a bigger need but if the draft board suggests OL talent’s sweet spot is day 2 & all the 1st round value is at WR which is also a position of need..why go out of our way to fight it?Believe it or not that WR could actually HELP the pass pro ever so slightly..its all relative in the end.

Hes a very good prospect truthfully i havent seen him yet this season but based on what im reading & what i saw last year he seems to lack that unquestioned top notch fluidity in space that matters against the truly elite pass rushers that teams wanna see in a top 5 Worthy OT. As such hes kind of topping out in the 10-15 range on big board.I actually think he looks like more of an all pro RT than a blindsider.

CotcheryFan and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

How would you rank the WR's? Everyone seems to have Jeudy at the top, but it varies after that between Lamb, Shenault, Higgins, Ruggs, etc..... I like Higgins after Jeudy, but he might not be the best WR on his own team.