Jamal Adams: Jets Exercise 5th Year Option

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Adams guarding TEs is the best in the league. But I assume Joe would bring in a new safety to replace Adams with. I don't see Mosley running TEs down too many times.

I was referring more to those awesome tackles Adams brings. Q and Mosley will pick up some of those I would hope and lessen the blow if we lose Adams.

#21 Footballgod214, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Dallas will not trade Lamb. I’m sure they would love to unload Cooper big ass contract though. Lamb is the new Cooper in their eyes.
    As for Adam, JD will set a top value number for a great safety and if Adams has dreams of grandeur beyond that he will be playing for another team.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just don't feel that is an option though. Not with the way Jamal has already acted. I can't imagine him playing out his option in 2021 and then being tagged in 2022. Hopefully Joe Douglas brings that up to his representation though because the Jets truly hold all the cards. They should to the right thing and be generous in giving Jamal a well earned extension. Not at $17 million a year, but maybe somewhere around $15 million. Douglas seems to be smart and prudent with contracts, so maybe he doesn't want to give Jamal that much money. The Jets would save money with your year to year approach, but Adams would be ridiculous to deal with.