Jamal Adams holding out

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Cromartie's_kid, Jun 15, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

2. K'OB

I'm sorry, just a joke, huge thread in the National league forum, it was up here but Brook must have moved it :D

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

he's a qunt

glad to be rid of...

JD turned fools gold into something tangible "Alijah Vera-Tucker, Hamsah Nasirildeen and 2022's 1st round pick? "

BAZINGA!!!

nycarl, Leicester Jet and dmw like this.
  4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Jamal will be unhappy within 2 years of whatever extension he ultimately signs with the Seahawks. He had to go and JD did a great job getting what he got for him...

Leicester Jet and Kryoptix like this.
  5. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

The guy is a joke.

Good football player but he gets more attention then he should. One of the most overrated player in the league based on his pre draft hype.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

"So you think I'm funny? Ha ha funny?"

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I am not surprised.

I was upset that this is how it turned out but what JD got in return was a kings ransom and it is looking better and better every day

Leicester Jet and dmw like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

This is the danger for teams trading for star players.

That star player who was traded to you? Was by force, not choice.

Jamal never picked Seattle as a destination of a landing spot.

J.D traded him there.

Jamal didn't pick Seattle as a Free Agent; he was traded there.

He's a southern kid from Texas. Played college ball in the South (Louisiana). He probably HATES everything Seattle related.

My older sister once had to live in Seattle for 3 years because her job offered her a raise to leave Queens for Seattle. She hated it. When we picked her up from the airport 3 years later as a kid I remember her literally kissing the ground @ LaGuardia as soon as she got off the plane she was so happy to be home.

Jerry Jones wanted to trade his 17th pick for Jamal to play for Dallas. Adams himself grew up a die hard Cowboys fan. Something is telling me Jamal has been trying to force his way to Dallas in order to become a Texas hero for that Dallas fan base. I don't think he likes living in Seattle, at all (I know my sister hated that place).

dmw likes this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Just one of the many reasons you have to draft well and develop the next man up. Gives you leverage and could stop things like this from even happening (in some situations, anyway). While certainly not the same caliber of player, we just saw Crowder cave in part because of pressure coming from inside the building.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Next up: Sam Darnold. The difference is that Sam is a great teammate and a great guy. He just doesn't have the skills needed to be a FQB in the NFL. We'll see though.

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Satisfied with what though?
    He’s still on his rookie contract as far as I’m aware.
    This is normal at this stage to hold out for an extension.

for everyone outaged, did you not see what JD just did to Crowder?
    Take a pay cut. You lived up to every cent of your contract and we still want you, but we have leverage due to timing of the offseason so we gonna take some money back just because we can.
    That’s how this business works, so players have to capitalize coming off their rookie deals especially.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This is totally different scenario as Howard is complaining about a big extension he just signed a year ago (Even tho he did exceed expectation).
    Adams has never received an extension. He’s on rookie deal yet. big difference.

13. K'OB

Confused?

Somebody else brought Howard into the conversation and I pulled that out of the link and called Howard a prick.

Not comparing him to Adams in the slightest, though they both are pricks ;)

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Extension-wise, Jamal is in a great situation. Seattle literally traded 2 1st Round picks for you. Even if they already regret it after one season, they still have to save face and extend him for at least 4 years. Otherwise, it would be one of the worst trades ever and still could be if he doesn't improve his play and stay healthy.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Sunk fallacy. It was a shit trade for them and now it is just time to move on. No reason to pony up 18+ for Adams.

The Dark Knight and dmw like this.
  16. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Seahawks GM John Schneider would literally have to be fired if they didn't pay Jamal and just let him walk in 2022. Or trade him for less like a 2nd round pick. It would be inexcusable. When they made the trade, they were all in to give him an extension. That is what they will do. I think it is a mistake, you think it is a mistake, maybe they do too, but the decision was made when the trade became official.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Ewww.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahaha, color me surprised, meaning I'm not. Jamalmouth wanted to get paid after openly saying he didn't want to be here. I can't even believe the past arguments for overpaying and keeping him. Anyone who thinks that Joe Douglas didn't leak that he was shopping him to Dallas is a fool. I initially really liked Adams, his personality, fire, bravado, doing some really bro moves with fans, kids; but I soured on him for the obvious reasons. It's never been a problem for me for him to be someone else's headache. The writing was on the wall.

In one way it's a double-edged sword because the NFL doesn't care about anyone, but if you're going to scam the man, be smart about it. He submarined himself by publicly talking himself out of favor, which is probably something he'll never get. It's also hard to believe that his agent didn't stick a gag ball in his mouth.

K'OB and regan62072 like this.
  20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

2 INTs in 4 years