Jalen Ramsey wants out of Jacksonville

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by macbk, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This is the year they trade down?

dawinner127 likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Picks 7-10 last year was in the range of 5-6 wins IIRC. I still see this team winning 5 - 6 games this year when Sam comes back after the 2nd Pats game. It would mean played .500 ball from the Jags game on.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If the team was competitive now, then you make a move like this, but giving up 2 firsts when the team has so many holes to fill is fucking dumb, plus the guy has character issues, so double whammy.

The Jets aren't 1 piece away, no reason to overpay for a guy that you are going to have to give a contract to next year anyways. The Jets need those picks to draft oline and corners. Ramsey isn't going to save the season.

4. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

KC offering a First and Andy Reid instead of a player would give them a better shot in the playoffs

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

If i'm the jets, i'd call up and make an offer at least. maybe we can move leo, trumaine, and a 2nd rounder for ramsey. The jags get 2 defensive starters and a high 2nd round pick. we offload leo who was gonna walk anyway, and TJs contract since we benched him anyway and maybe a change of scenery will do him good and they sitll get a high pick. we get a young stud CB which is badly needed and we can structure his contract to backload so it doesn't cost a lot of the 2020 cap.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'm
    Can we really afford to trade TJ? It's a $16 million dollar hit. Would have to restructure some deals and still clear cap for this season for Ramsey. No way he agrees to 2 years at a low salary without a large signing bonus plus more guaranteed. Unless the signing bonus is structured as large bonuses in 2021 and 22 fully guaranteed. I don't think he's looking for a back loaded deal.

7. GasedAndConfused

if we could trade him we could afford it. we can't afford to release him though. if we traded him now we would save 7 mil of salary since his 8 mil is guaranteed this year (500k per game) so another team picks it up. which means his 12 mil expected hit this season drops down to 5 mil (4 signing bonus + 1 mil for 1st 2 games) then we have to take the balloon hit of the bonus which is another 12 mil, meaning his cost for this season goes from 12 mil to 17 mil, not to bad and he's completely off the books after this season. Jets currently have 6.6 mil in space which brings us down 1.6 mil, however with offloading leo too that would save us 12.425 mil this season meaning we have around 14 mil left. ramsey would only cost 3.6 mil so we'll round it off and say 4 mil leaving us around 10 mil this season (better then we were before) which can be rolled into next year or even sued to start extending players like ramsey or robby. The issue is more of whether jax can take on the cap hit or is willing to. but if they get a CB replacement with no guaranteed money past this year, a young D-lineman in leo (where they can save money by usning him to replace darius who counts a whopping 22.5 mil next offseason and cutting darius would allow them to afford leo and tru. plus the get a 2nd round pick. it's tricky but doable

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Tru is still due $11 mill next year guaranteed and is a significant downgrade to Ramsey. Doesn't really make sense when they have a first plus offer already.

9. GasedAndConfused

his next year salary isn't guaranteed unless he is on the roster on march 11th 2020. if they cut him after the season then they owe nothing for 2020. plus for 7 mil this season only it's better then any replacement they can find right now. Plus don't forget I also said leo williams and a 2nd rounder in the deal. so they get 1 instant starter on the d-line with pro bowl ability, a starting CB for this season, and a high 2nd round pick. seems like a better deal to me then a late 1st rounder and a 5th rounder.