Jaguars sold... what will happen now?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mambo9, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Boy it would suck for Vikings nation if they moved away...

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The NHL had to live with this for one year because of the late date of the move. They are doing a realignment next year.

Every decision is based on $$$$. Otherwise, the Cowboys would've been out of the NFC East a long time ago.

If the Jags could have made any money where they are Weaver would never have sold the team. He has a connection to the community. He didn't want to be the owner who packed the team up and moved on.

3. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

It doesn't matter if the Jags wen't to LA, they would probably stay in the south, and why not? LA is south west, so whatever. Also, look at the Cowboys, Ravens and Colts. Those teams make way less sense in their divisions than an LA team being in a south division.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Why don't the Ravens make sense in the AFC north?

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They make perfect sense there, considering they used to be the Browns and geographically they could fit either north, east or south. I guess you could put Indianapolis in the North, Baltimore in the East and Miami in the South if you really wanted to stick to geography, but when you factor in the traditional rivalries they did it right and nobody is badly out of place. The only one is Dallas and that did come down to money and the traditional rivalries. Plus the NFC East needed another team so it made sense to keep it intact.

6. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

What? They do not fit in the north at all geographically when there is an eastern division. But like you said Indy in the north, Baltimore in the east and Miami in the south would be logical, geographically.

7. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Weaver wants them to stay, as he's a Florida native, but once he doesn't own the team anymore, I don't think he gets much of a vote.

Jacksonville is still a growing area, but if the military ever shrinks their presence in the city, it'd kill them financially.

8. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Oh I know he has no control, but he had better offers a few years ago and turned them down, and he made that lease brutal to get out of. The Jags aren't in a state where anyone who owned them could move them now. It would take years before they cold slide out of that lease, and by that time one of the other teams that doesn't draw or have a good stadium will have taken the LA offer.

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

MJD is nasty and would be perfect in any offense. I love the Greene Machine, but if we ever had a chance to get MJD, I'm sold.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

MOJO is the Jaguars...... NOTHING would cause an emptier stadium if they ever let him walk (sans announcing a relocation midseason)