Jace Amaro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Oct 10, 2014.

1. CJGreen

CJGreen Member

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Not as many snaps as it looks like.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've been erring on your side of the fence lately, but fighting not to.

3. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] '
    Delivered

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

As in he hasn't seen even half as many snaps as Cumberland, correct? I can't tell if you're supporting me or trying to prove me wrong. :)

5. BroadwayAaron

Thank you. I'm not good with PFF at all. Can't navigate around that place to save my life.

So you can blame some of it on sample size I suppose, but Amaro has been the better tight end in every which way imaginable. There's no reason for him to not be getting more snaps and even less reason to believe he can't be an every down, top tier tight end.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Amaro needs a new coaching staff who can exploit the mismatch that he presents. The kid is a gifted offensive player and that's why I've been so high on him since before the draft.

Rex obviously has no clue and MM is clueless as well in how to best utilize him. I think whomever the new, hopefully "offensive minded" HC the Jets hire will do wonders for Amaro's career.

Axel3419 likes this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'm confident in his future with us, but I am guessing that even though his skill level is higher than Cumberland's, that only extends to the responsibilities he is adept at so far. I think the limited snaps (as others have said) is due to the fact that he hasn't been able to memorize and execute his responsibility in every play we run, so he is only used in what he has mentally mastered. Since he is more skillful than Cumberland, it looks like he is better.

8. N0samples

N0samples Guest

gets old having every response you get be a reaction to someone else's reputation

9. FabulousDisaster

FabulousDisaster New Member

Jets have underused the tight end for years imo...I was kinda hoping this changes with Amaro

10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

They actually used Keller quite a bit, he was the leading receiver for a year and was a big part of the 2010 and 2011 offenses. He got hurt early on in 2012 and then we didn't have quality TE's for most of 2013. I wouldn't say they underused TE's for years.

11. BroadwayAaron

I don't disagree here. But like I said before, I thought it was pretty widely agreed-upon that he was going to need at least a year to adapt to not only the NFL, but the West Coast offense after playing in a completely different offensive system at Texas Tech.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Here's a twenty, bury two." -- Paul W. Bryant after being asked to chip in ten dollars to help cover the cost of a sportswriter's funeral.

socaljetfan and abyzmul like this.
  13. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I'm very excited About the physical tools Jace possesses. I'm less confident that the Jets will utilize him and develop him to reach his full potential. In the right system he would be an all pro for 8-10 years. Nothing this team has done on the offensive side of the ball with drafted players leads me to believe they will all of a sudden coach up and develop an eleite offensive player. Sorry, but why would we as Jets fans believe anything other than this truth?

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Finally someone knocked some sense into MM

15. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Amaro looks like the real deal. I'm slightly concerned about his hands, but he was very involved today and Geno seems to really like him.

16. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

I can forgive a drop if he is going to catch 10 balls and a TD during the game. All great WR's / TE's have drops. Brandon Marshall has the highest drop percentages in the league over the last 3 years. I am pretty sure most Jet fans wouldn't mind having him though.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He had a good game today. He and Geno are developing some nice chemistry.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Very excited to see Amaro going up and grabbing a TD. That and Decker should help us big time in the RZ going forward. Was real happy to see Amaro getting a step on LB and also having the ability to go over the top of a S/CB

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

That was the scouting report on him coming out of college. Good route runner, would get open and make some big plays
    but had inconsistent hands and would tend to drop the easy ones.

20. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

holding on to him…

I don't expect rookies to be all be stars from the get go, but I do appreciate seeing those that do produce at an above average level earlier on.

Amaro's been the most productive rookie TE in the league. Can't ask for much more form him, reasonably.

He's got a ways to go, but hell I'll take it.

Axel3419 likes this.