Jace Amaro said Jets lacked Accountability last year. Rex responds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Apr 15, 2015.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jags / Texans didn't have a better team then us. That 2010 Texans team had one awful secondary. Worst case scenario, he had a decent year given his role. I would say that year, it would be hard to come up with 15 QBs that were better then Mark that yr. Id' say 11-14 in regards to positional rankings that yr.

Schaub was good that year, you can call him overrated, but he was very consistent that yr. Garrard also, consistency is key for QB performance as well. At the end of the day though, you still didn't know when to let go of MS, it was time after 2012.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the offense scored nearly a TD more per game w/ him under C and it was against the much tougher portion of their schedule.

I am all over the map? you brought up Cruz and 2011 when discussing 2010. he had a team capable of a run and his poor play contributed to the team missing the playoffs. Sanchez was leading his team back every week and helping his team win.

I am not a schaub guy, have seen him fall flat in bog spots far too often. he's a classic #s guy to me.

if we have Mark in 2012 we have a great shot at the playoffs. the mistake made was making sure Geno played. they let Mark go at the right time for him. the problem is we kept stripping pieces away from him rather than adding ore talent like every other team does w/ a young QB.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? I brought up Cruz because YOU brought up the Giants winning the Super Bowl in 2011 while failing to acknowledge (or purposely leaving out) Cruz's emergence that year. You're awful at this.

4. nyjunc

I said they had a SB caliber team around him then you started making excuses about pts allowed as if his 30+ TOs played no role in that.

Cruz was great that year but that doesn't take away from the talent they had in 2010. they had enough talent to win in 2010, 30+ TOs prevented them from doing so.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

They didn't have the talent to win in 2010. That's absolutely foolish. But that hasn't stopped you from expressing, believing and defending worse opinions.

Nicks, Manningham and Steve Smith. Super Bowl caliber receiving corps.
    Antrel Rolle, Terrell Thomas, Corey Webster, Kenny Phillips. Super Bowl caliber secondary.

6. nyjunc

they did have the talent to win in 2010.

Nicks, Manningham and Smith is a bad WR corps?

Thomas was out and Ross was in- only difference from the secondary you posted. both average players, they won w/ a great pass rush. they had those pass rushers on their team in 2010.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Jace Amaro (remember him?): what's the over/under in receptions this year?

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Total of 48. 10 against Buffalo. My prediction.
    Now if Favre was our QB....oh never mind. My bad.

NCJetsfan and joe like this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Well played LA..

10. gfunkjet

gfunkjet New Member

Eh, rex being rex. trying to fire his team up with some overblown qoute. What he seems to be overlooking is amaro just came from bowels first team meeting where he preached accountability. I'm assuming he was just echoing that sentiment

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Leger Douzable is going to be held responsible

12. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Getting back to shots over the bow, Geno was booed at Yankee Stadium yesterday and declined to respond to Willie Colon's critical comments about him when probed by the NY Post. Not much else written about it. Go there to read the blurb if you want.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

This is becoming a common occurrence for geno. It will stop if he wins some games and plays up to his potential this year.

That's not an excuse for the booing btw. I think it's really stupid to boo him at sporting events that don't involve him in any way. At the same time, if he stops taking the free tickets, they will stop showing him on the jumbo tron and he won't get booed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk