Its Gino time once and for all

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Geno is going to play better than Fitz. I think this is a given. The problem is, it will be fools gold because the Jets strength of schedule for the remaining games this year is one of the easiest in the league. They just got fucked again by the schedule makers, just like they did 2 years ago. Truth is, if Fitz plays through the easy portion of the schedule, he likely plays better than Geno will.

FlaJet likes this.
  2. ScipioAfricanus

ScipioAfricanus New Member

He needs to hold the ball with both hands, but he got hit right as he planted his feet - he didn't even get a 3 count for the rusher was on him.

3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

It's not a given that Geno will play better than Fitz.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You just contradicted yourself. In your first two sentences you said that it is a given that Geno is going to play better than Fitz, then you said "Truth is, if Fitz plays through the easy portion of the schedule, he likely plays better than Geno will.

As far as I'm concerned, with the way this team is playing there are no "easy" games on our schedule. There are teams who don't appear to be as good as some of the others, but they could be "trap" games. The Browns have been playing better than we have, and they're on their 3rd or 4th QB. The Colts have Luck and he could kill us. The Rams have a good D and a great RB. Even the Fish have been playing better than us and they beat a good team this past Sunday.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. With the way Fitz has been playing, I think most of us could play better than Fitz.

6. we should be willing to deal w. the Ints as long as he's still getting the team in the end zone,shows poise & properly manages the clock.Yes, turnovers are bad..but so is being overly cautious..which is what ends up happening w. the team's philosophy(also a byproduct of several defensive head coaches).

The mentality/formula of perfect defense & mistake free football not only is unrealistic, but also is aged in theory & is the exact opposite of the kind of football this specific team should be playing. Todd Bowles himself said the team is best when they are loose..playing loose & playing perfect don't coincide..only for the all time greats.Play aggressive Press man/blitz heavy D & let Geno chuck the ball down field.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Yes... Yes it is. It is not physically possible to play worse than Sixpatrick.

8. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

You were not around for Brooks Bollinger?

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

bollinger 9 career interceptions. Fitzpatrick threw 9 in 2 weeks

Martin&theJETS and FJF like this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That's not a contradiction. I'm saying that Geno will play better than Fitz has played so far. But the schedule gets much easier, so I think Fitz would play better than Geno will during this stretch, had he not been benched. Just my opinion, I could easily be wrong.

Yeah, I agree that there are so many flaws with this team that it will be near impossible for the Jets to really push for the playoffs or even .500. I was just commenting on how the Jets have the easiest schedule in the league from here to the end, while in the beginning they had the most difficult by far.

#350 Sam Hammer, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  11. Martin&theJETS

Still a higher passer rating and completion % than Sixpatrick.

12. Gotham Green

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

From clipboard to Canton

14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Geno is not a better qb than Fitz. This should not be an argument. The only question is will Geno play better than Fitz has this year. We shall see.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. Martin&theJETS

I don't get the point in talking retrospectively about careers. We are talking about Sixpatrick's current output, and how it can't get any worse for a QB starting of the Jets. I could affirm that Sixpatrick was worse than the year Bollinger started for us. Thats how terrible Six was. He performed worse than any Jets QB in the last 20 years.

To think Geno would not play better than Sixpatrick is ridiculous.

16. Gotham Green

We're going to find out, that's for sure...

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

You guys thought we played conservative with Fitz, just wait until Geno gets out there.

I hope Geno lights shit up, but I don't think they're gonna give him a lot of chances.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

at least its not sancho out there!