It's Flacco Time!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jan 6, 2023.

1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

At this point, with how the CS has mishandled this whole mess, which they created, they need to go.
    To me, this roller-coaster BS they've put Zach, & the whole team through, this absolute chaos, is utter incompetence. Add in players requesting trades, the team collapsing after a nice start to the season, etc...
    shall we go through this again next season?
    This experiment of having a coaching staff, with no experience at their current positions, has failed miserably.
    The only shining light, is the addition of a lot of talent. Shall we give this talent another year, to be mishandled by this CS?
    Ideally, the team needs stability, but at this point Woody needs to open his wallet, & throw it at Payton, Harbaugh, or use his Company's medical researchers to clone Parcells. Something needs to change!

red75bronco, NYJetsO12 and Dierking like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the coaches go, the front office needs to go too. They're as much responsible for this if not more since they're the ones who hired the coaching staff in the first place.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Why do you care, you’re done with this team, remember?

Cman68 and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Robert Saleh in his office-

[​IMG]

burf and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The only sense this makes to me is that starting Flacco gives him the chance to retire and get a fan send off. If worse comes to worst, they can bring Zach in off the bench where he'll likely feel less pressure than starting the game. If Zach does appear, it might give the team a barometer of where he's at and maybe help their decision about QB clearer for next year.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Flacco is getting paid to play, not sit on his ass on the sidelines. This is probably his last rodeo anyway so he might as well earn some of the money he's been stealing all year since the beginning.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and NY Jets68 like this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The way the Jets have handled the QB situation all season has been borderline malpractice.

red75bronco likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

While I tend to agree... I have to ask...

What would you have done?

9. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It's utter chaos. Unfortunately, we can't get rid of the Johnson family, where all the chaos starts.
    Agreed about the front office, but something needs to be done. My problem with JD has been, he seems to have been hands-off with the CS. So, rather than blowing up the entire organization, I'd be ok with the CS going, for an experienced bunch (the usual suspects if it could get done), & if JD stays that he'd be more involved with the on-field ops too.
    It's such a difficult mess to navigate. Stability is so important, but can ya just stay the course when the CS has mishandled so much. Those last 2 games, the players just weren't all there. The Jags game Zach was blamed for the 'flat' performance. But then with everything on the line against Seattle, it was the same thing, without Zach. The players just looked shell-shocked, confused, like the CS lost them.
    Something needs to be done. Or it's the status quo, & hoping the CS can grow.
    My worry is that the young talent on the team's confidence will be destroyed, like Zach's, if they continue under this CS, which seems in over its head.

dmw likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

If you keep this front office, you're going to end up with a coach much worse than Saleh because nobody is going to want the job.

NYJetsO12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

One last "F.U." to Joe Douglas and Woody on their way out

12. Cman68

Only 32 people can have one of these jobs in any given year so, someone will take the Job. It may take a truck load of cash but if that's what it takes, do it. Whomever it is, it can't be another newbie coordinator as the NY area won't accept it. No more first timers as this is the wrong market for that sorta thing. Worked for the Giants as they got lucky for once. The Jets are rarely associated with "luck".

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Exactly, they want a 'yes man'...

14. Cman68

Might explain why the Jets never hire former HC's.

15. HomeoftheJets

If by somebody, you mean somebody like Gase who no other team would touch, then sure. But anybody who has other options won't take this job, even if that means waiting for next year's cycle. You don't risk ruining messing up your shot to be a head coach by signing up to coach a team where there's no QB and the GM is on the hot seat.

16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

That remains to be seen. It's up to Woody & JD to fix the mess, or it will continue next season.
    Whether JD stays... another part of the mess.

17. HomeoftheJets

We've been through this already with Gase, and we went through it in reverse with Idzik. If you try to force a candidate on someone on the hot seat, you're going to get screwed.

18. Cman68

Agreed.. Keep in mind we had a great choice other than Gase but that fckn moron brother of Woody's decided on Gase because... "he's coaching where Football is headed". I wish I could take a running start and punch the shit out of that idiot.

I think Woody is more pissed at Saleh than JD. I don't think the GM is on the hot seat as of now. Saleh otoh, is feelin the heat. Sweeten the pot with big money and there's your new HC. Again, JD will finish his contract. I can't say the same with any certainty about Saleh.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  19. Cman68

We should have taken McCarthy but nooooooo...

Ralebird and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Flacco is the highest rated passer on the team. He threw for over 300 yards in the first game of the season while completing over 60% if his passes. In the second game he threw 4 TD's, 307 yards and led them to a miracle comeback win. He was lousy in the 3rd game where they asked him to throw 52 fucking times.

I get that looked bad for the 7 snaps he took in relief of White but it's not like he can't play the game of football. He very capable of playing a good game against Miami.

Trainer likes this.