It's almost that time... 2021 NFL and College Football Betting Thread

Discussion in 'Virtual Vegas' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Went against my gut on Utah State and with the betting sites and lost. There are no gurus left, Brook lol. We are all betting plebieans.

This is likely the worst slate of CFB this year. No late games past 7:30, no ranked matchups and a lot of teams on byes.

Most evenly matched game of the day is Kansas State/Texas Tech from which I'm taking Texas Tech. I'm shopping the price on Penn State first half at home. Looks like -13.5 is the going rate but Illinois plays ugly tough football so that's no lock.

I'm likely going back to the well to bet against Oklahoma State again this week. Don't think I've won a game I've bet on one of their games yet so don't take my advice.

@Lon Chaney is taking Bama first half I'm sure and I'll explore it later. @IDFjet - anything today? @BrowningNagle - you?

Brook! likes this.
  2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't see much I like pre-game but there's 3 I'm playing in parlays with UFC and NFL:

Clemson +135
    Alabama first score TD: -135
    FSU first score TD: -130

I'm most optimistic on FSU.

RE: 'bama half-time line opened at 14.5 and went up to 15.5 until today where it jumped to 17. I'm gonna sit this one out.

Brook! and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with Clemson/Pitt. I don't like laying points with a historically worse program but I also don't think I like Clemson to win. Uiagalelei has struggled (barely beat Syracuse on a missed long FG) and their offensive line is pretty bad. Pitt historically has pretty good corners and ends and they have a QB and offense this year.

I backed off Penn State first half. I forgot Clifford is still likely out and that backup can't throw the ball.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks @Jonathan_Vilma and @IDFjet

Not a goo Saturday for College Football apparently. Thanks guys. Will stick with soccer then.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Tell wife and kids to go to Dave and Busters and the mall and dinner and a movie on you next week.

Ole Miss/Auburn, Michigan/Michigan State, Ohio State/Penn State are the ranked games. Georgia/Florida (FLA is unranked) in the swamp, Baylor/Texas is a solid rivalry game. I'm getting excited just looking at it.

Brook! likes this.
  6. Brook!

Next Saturday I won't be in front of the TV unfortunately. Bought a new house. Closing it this upcoming Friday. Demolition starts on Saturday. I will be lucky to watch the Jets game on Sunday to be honest.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Congrats man!

@IDFjet - rolling on Army +3 last second at home. Wake's overrated.

Brook! likes this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm going with the motivation from being an underdog phenomenon for Clemson.

On another note, do you know when and why Memphis went with a first-game QB last night?

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Trouble is Army QB--they lost their starter in first game and their back-up a couple games ago--these #3 and #4 suck--only bet it if #2 is back in.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

No idea why Hennigan wasn't the starter. I'm pissed we didn't discuss together and take UCF at home though. That's a tough place to play with those wild Floridians.

I believe the Memphis QB was a third year player though who transferred from LSU though, no? Maybe he hasn't played a game but they looked terrible with him last night.

Looks like the Memphis HC over thought it.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

The guy that started the game went down already too so this isn't looking good. Keeping an eye on the Oklahoma game. Down 10-0. Spread opened at -38.5 and it's down under two touchdowns right now.

I was looking at Navy +16.5 first half too and backed off. Pissed about that because I couldn't get past the 1-5 record.

12. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

So it looks from the box that Christian Anderson started--he was the #2 but got hurt--if he got hurt again you should grab WF live imo.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Army hanging tough. Wish I just played the total and could've cashed early in the first quarter.

Army needs to play off coverage with two high. Their safeties are way too tight. Dudes can't get a stop.

Played Oklahoma -4 live which looks good and Syracuse/VT over 46 which just needs one TD to push.

Also had no idea that Iowa State was LAYING 7. I thought they were getting 7. Looking for live action in that one.

Ant thoughts on LSU/Ole Miss. Pregame shows think Corral is going to be somewhat hurt after carrying the ball 30 times last week. Does LSU play for lame duck Orgeron or fold?

I think I like Oregon as the dogs/pick'em at UCLA.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Wow fuck Texas Tech. Quarterback holding on to the ball for fucking ten seconds on both 3rd and 4th down. Disgraceful at home.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

What you got for this 3:30 slate? Any good feelings towards 7PM games?

Looks like Clemson/Pitt should've been a pick'em TBH. Ole Miss/LSU closer to Ole Miss -6. Hit Pitt +170 and Ole Miss -1 (-120) live.

We should've just bet our 401K's on the LSU/Ole Miss ridiculous O/U 76 and we could've went to sleep feeling real good tonight lol.

#895 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  16. Brook!

Sooo,

NFL picks anyone?

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Here's what I got all on separate tickets. And I'll probably throw an obligatory $40 on the Jets +7 because I like pain and sadness.

Joe Mixon over 15.5 rushing attempts (-114)
    Bengals +7 (-130)
    Bengals/Ravens over 46 (-113)
    Chiefs -4 (-130)

I also don't think the Chiefs team total is crazy but I hate the O/U in that game because the Titans can eat up 8 mins on a single drive and just destroy the O/U or team total over.

IDFjet and Brook! like this.
  18. Brook!

Thanks JV. I will parlay those together. Don't feel bad if it doesn't come thru though. All logical choices. Will also bet $10 for Pats to cover -2.5

@dawinner127

What are the prop bets of the day?

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I got the same feeling on cinci today but I think they can win outright.

Tenn secondary is in shambles--Should be a fairly easy win for KC in my mind but I'm the guy who bet FSU to score first in a 59-3 game and lost.

Carolina 3 tough losses in a row--can't see Rhule losing 4th in row to giants today.

Here's a few I got going:

10/23/217:48 PM
    Placed - 3 Team ParlayTo Win +210
    • Alabama (#1) -3.5 (-115)(387) Tennessee @ (388) Alabama
    • Kansas City Chiefs (-210)(457) Kansas City Chiefs @ (458) Tennessee Titans
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-800)
    10/22/217:45 PM
    Placed - 2 Team ParlayTo Win +408
    • Jai Herbert (-185)Jai Herbert vs Khama Worthy
    • Cincinnati Bengals (+230)
    10/22/215:04 PM
    Placed - 2 Team ParlayTo Win +136
    • Carolina Panthers (-160)(453) Carolina Panthers @ (454) New York Giants
    • Kansas City Chiefs (-220)

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Kadarious Toney, Golladay, Shepherd, Andrew Thomas and Barkley are all out for the Giants. Darius Slayton, Engram and John Ross were on the injury report but almost basically have no choice but to play. Engram is supposedly sketchy too (fantasy sites suggest against playing him).

I like the thinking. I don't trust Darnold much but I'll ride with you and I think lay 2 at -130 with the Panthers.

I think the Titans two starting corners last week and likely this week might be the worst in the league at the moment. Jenkins is just awful.

EDIT: scratch the spread. I got the Panthers at -150 ML for 2U. Flirted with adding the Packers or Cardinals ML but I despise parlays.

IDFjet likes this.