it better be vince, brick, or hawk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Mar 12, 2006.

1. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

did u see the video

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would just like to take a moment point this post out as an example of why people put too much stock in what a player did in college vs. what he is capable of doing in the NFL. Temple is not an NFL team, and while he may have looked superhuman against a college team, he may fall flat on his face in the pros.

Look at Mike Williams (1st round DP recently cut by Buffalo). He was hailed as the next big thing. Why? Because everyone he played against was smaller than him and he manhandled them without having to improve his technique much in school. He was raw, but had "Tons of potential". Then he was drafted and had to line up across from guys that were almost as big as he was or so fast or polished that his size and strength were negated.

I'm not saying I'm smarter than the FO the Bills had that year. Far from it. But the draft is FAR from an inexact science, and while teams may pay some attention to "what brick did against temple", they are probably paying more attention to different plays than you have access to currently, and highlight films are mainly for player promotion, not analysis.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I know..... and I also know that there are several ways this FO can go, but I just can't resist sometimes......

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Isn't Temple in Philadelphia? Aren't the Eagles in Philadelphia? You?re a smart guy connect the dots.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Agh, my reasoning process is under scrutiny, time to call in contingency assets...

YOUR COMMUNICATORS HAVE BEEN MADE DISABLED.
    [​IMG]

6. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

abyzmul u r acting like a jack. now calm down and relax. u are taking sh-- to the extreme with this and that and busts and etc.. relax, damn. man u r weird

7. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Hahaha. Breaking out the Soundwave.