It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Two years to avoid it? We’re two months away from it bro.

And uniting NATO is a weak point. Shrek could’ve been President and NATO would’ve agreed to fight back against Russia in numerous ways.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

For this last legislative session it would have made all the difference in the world.

The Dems got a few big packages through which they should be celebrating right now but a substantial portion of the party just wants to ruminate on the the bigger packages they failed to pass. That part of the party contributes nothing to the Dem's success nationally and a lot to their failures. It's easy to think that the Dems would have trouble getting a majority without the left but whenever the Dems have had large majorities they have been center-based with components on the left that voted with them because what else were they going to do?

People point at the Affordable Care Act as an example of the left driving policy for big achievements however the ACA was essentially a GOP package from the early 90's and was definitely not driven by the left.

KingRoach likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I could see Amy Klobuchar as maybe the strongest of that group. Buttigieg in a decade or so.

I think the Dems are going to find challengers coming in from outside the party structure again. That's what happens when your party structure is already under assault. Same thing has been happening to the GOP for nearly a decade.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

There is a greater chance the Republicans nominate Desantis than the Democrats having anyone other than Biden to run. They have zero candidates with a platform with national appeal who haven’t spouted support for positions that can easily be connected to the issues people are concerned with.

NYJetsO12 and Br4d like this.
  5. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

If Trump and Biden are the best and brightest that the major parties have to offer, I think it’s time to disband both parties and start all over.

NYJetsO12, Br4d, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You never go full Irish.

abyzmul likes this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It really is sad

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They already gave us that. It’s past time

9. Dierking

They’ve never given us anything else. It’s how this works.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t think we’re too far off from a retired professional athlete, actor, or musician running for President.

With the amount of money they make, would it be crazy to see LeBron, Mark Wahlberg, Rihanna, A-Rod, etc. mull a run over?

Matthew McConaughey is already dipping his toe into the waters of Texas politics.

Whether they align with a party or not is the question.

Br4d likes this.
  11. FJF

To an extent, sure but the quality has been declining. We’re a step or 2 away from a full on weekend at bernies candidate. We’re going to run this corpse as our candidate, yea he’s dead but it will still be better than what the other party is doing , and don’t you dare vote third part because that’s a vote for the bad party and this is the most important election of this country’s history.
    You know the corpse would have a legit chance at winning.

12. FJF

I could get on board with MM just for the dazed and confused themed ads
    Are you going to vote mm? It’d be cooler if you did
    A vote fo MM is alright alright alright

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Recession? Could be coming yes..

But in the meantime Joe B has to fire Fed Chairm Powell and Janet Yellen cause they blew it with present crisis

I liked your Post ..but I give credit due to JB because if his predecessor Trump was in office the support for NATO by US may not have materialized..remember Trump calling Putin "a genius " for invading the Ukraine? ?? Trump was weak on NATO and strong on taking care of his buddy Putin...I bet Trump would have looked the other way tbh

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Puts me on ignore and then starts insulting me?

Stunning & brave... :cool:

... and of course ralebird piles on like a pus...

joe likes this.
  15. JetBlue

That’s not true at all. Trump told the NATO countries they needed to stop buying oil from Russia — there simply is no reasonable way to argue that is the actions of someone supporting Putin. And the genius comment, when the context is truthfully acknowledged, was not championing Putin. He was simply pointing out it was a brilliant distraction to accomplish his goals, not a value judgement of him or his goals.

16. Dierking

That might actually be the only way for someone unaligned with one of the major parties to get traction.

Can’t imagine what someone with no party affiliation is going to get through congress though.

17. NYJetsO12

Maybe so...but can you tell me what DeSantis stands for ...other than he won't visit Orlando and Disney for fear of Gay contamination and that school kids must never know about bi or transgender ???!

18. Dierking

Tell me the last presidential election people weren’t griping about having to choose between the lesser of two evils?

19. NYJetsO12

Of course...everything Mr Trump says is "taken out of context" ..that will be what his Defense lawyers argue:rolleyes:

20. JetBlue

I’m not well-versed in Florida politics, but being simply reasonable on common sense issues, like there is nothing appropriate about discussing sexual orientation to 5 year olds, nevertheless even relevant to education, already puts him ahead of Democrats who have made that a national issue so you can’t minimize that. And the Disney issue, again, reflects a refusal to let corporations interfere with politics, something Democrats actually used to support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.