It’s not politics, it’s history

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KingRoach, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Okay, then, assuming that’s so, hum a few bars of the kamikaze crusade on his legacy for the greater good for us.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There will be short term pain in order to undergo the big change to globalization and (right from the administrations mouth) install the liberal world order. That short term pain is felt because Biden is taking an absolute beating right now for everything going on.

I don’t think the further Democratic left was to make these changes because they want to see the country burn. They think it’s for the better. Biden’s legacy will not be good, but it’s a step in the direction of creating a more liberal United States.

3. Dierking

I’m pretty sure the “liberal world order” bit was supposed to be a reference to modern western liberal democracies. As opposed to fascist totalitarianism. But you could be right. I just don’t think so.

Sometimes incompetence is just that and there is no deep conspiracy underlying it.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t think there’s a deep conspiracy. It’s no secret that this administration is an extension of Obama’s or else they wouldn’t have loaded up the administration so aggressively with officials from that regime.

They can take more risks because there’s no need to protect Biden’s legacy like there was Obama’s. Biden just wanted to be elected and he was elected nearly platform-less aside from the fact that he wasn’t Trump.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Like Biden in Afghanistan Obama's choices in Iraq were guided by negotiations by the preceding administration. Bush signed the status of forces agreement that stipulated a US withdrawal in 2011.

6. Dierking

Ok. That’s not a bad take.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

He had four years to evaluate that decision and pivot and decided not to. Trump agreed to a withdrawal agreement and under Pompeo’s advisement, reneged on some of the initial dates because of shady activity by the Taliban.

Neither of the withdrawals ever made sense though. There’s no reason we couldn’t have maintained an Air Force base in these countries just as we do in a lot of the world. The Afghanistan disaster swung the door wide open for the CCP to collaborate with the Taliban and start mining technology minerals in the country, which are very abundant.

Another strikeout by the US as usual. We decided to use military force in these countries for twenty years when we could’ve been building schools and taking natural resources as payment.

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Bidan was apart of that administration too, it's not surprising there's a lot of carry over. That doesn't equate to Obama running some sort of shadow government, though I'm sure there's (sadly) a large group of people who think that.

KingRoach likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes..but he has to act within 90 days of Nov 3rd ..before the Midterms

I say by end of July

And I hope I am right

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well grampy sure as shit isn't running things. Fucking guy falls asleep during his own press conferences.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

Congrats America ...you get to be visited at your July 4th parade by a rooftop Sniper with an AR-15

Six dead countless hurt in Highland Park Illinois...witness said 20-25 shots in rapid succession. CNN saying it's an assault rifle

Let's BAN these weapons now...!!!

Do you Gun Boyz really need them for hunting? .?...smh

#691 NYJetsO12, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Does it have to be a deep state conspiracy? They’re not even hiding it, bro. Or they’re at least not doing a very good job at hiding it.

He has no platform and the majority of the administration is hold-overs from the last Democrat who won the Presidency.

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Id agree that that part of the Democratic party is having impact on the policies, the few that have been actually followed through with, the WH have created.... but that's not surprising. Biden came from his administration.

If my boss quit and I took his position, and kept all of the employees... Does that mean that the previous regime is in charge? I get what you are saying, but Obama really has nothing to do with what's going on right now other than him and Biden are from the same section of Democrats... Hence have similar policies and employees.

If you are implying Obama is running the WH from wherever he is, yea that's a conspiracy.

This is not a defend Biden post.i think he's awful and you are right, he was elected because he wasn't trump.

#693 JackBower, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    KingRoach likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

That might be the repeat election in 2024

We get to have bad Presidents as long as they are not Trump

DeSantis has DJT worried for good reason ..cause that might be the Repubs go to guy considering the fallout from Jan 6th Committee and probable Charges coming

15. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Both parties deserve a HUGE shake up. Is there any push for an independant candidate?

16. Br4d

Independent candidacies do not work under the US political system. This is because of the need to get on the ballot in all 50 states and because there needs to be coordination between the candidate and a political party on a platform to get the candidate elected.

Unlike a Parliamentary system there is no guarantee of a coherent government after each election. An independent candidate would have no guarantee of support from anybody if elected President. In fact both major parties would likely work to undermine him or her after the fact leading to a failed government.

The people who have run as independents have either been branch-offs from one of the major parties (T. Roosevelt) or very wealthy businessmen (H.R. Perot) with minority support from one or both parties. Neither attempt was successful and both led to the candidate from the most opposite party winning the election. Woodrow Wilson beat TR and Taft in 1912 and Bill Clinton beat GHW Bush and HRP in 1992.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Whoever is running things... is doing a rather shitty job.

FJF likes this.
  18. Br4d

Well in truth trying to lead America is a very shitty job right now. Wouldn't you agree?

19. Br4d

BTW Mitch McConnell's remark that the entire focus of the GOP after the 2008 election was to make Obama a one-term President was a major turning point in our political evolution.

That was when the idea of a loyal opposition went out the window. And things have degenerated steadily from there.

I think McConnell has little understanding of how bad he is going to look against the historical record in 50 years or so.

Ralebird likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He'll be dead.. Why should he GAF..?

FJF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.