Is this team, as currently constructed, a playoff quality team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, May 2, 2022.

?

Is this team, as currently constructed, a playoff quality team?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Again come on man, excuses after excuses, there isn't any need for them after every single post, we can back and forth all night, I am sick of reading about how it is all everybody else's fault.

Who's fault was this one?

Again I am only replying because you are still making excuses for his own failures.

James Hasty likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I agree that Zach has a lot to prove, no question about it. But he had no one to throw the ball to at the end of the year. We didn't have TEs. We didn't have WRs, except Barrios as #1 guy, and even he got hurt at the end. We didn't have a RB. Carter played some, but was often injured down the stretch. Even OLine was banged up at the end. I understand Zach needs to prove he can do well when he has good weapons. By the same token, Zach's performance at the end of the year is about as good anyone could have done given total shit around him. We just need to wait and see what happens this year. There is a really good chance Zach will break out.

3. K'OB

Do you think I didn't watch his video?

That excuse that they are NFL pros paid to catch, does this not count for a paid for QB throwing it at a WR's ankles?

Just stop.

Do you people saying stats are not taken in context think that the other people do not understand that some other outlying issues also figure into the stats?

It is very bizarre tbh

People say man, he had some wild uncatchable throws, throwing it at peoples feet, over their heads, way behind them on the run, and you scream stats are not taken in context lol

You then ignore the fact I said I want him to succeed, I have seen he has something about him.

You reply back to me like I hate him, despite me saying the above.

Very bizarre stuff.

Oh and now you're double teaming :rolleyes:

Ralebird and James Hasty like this.
  4. K'OB

Like I have said, I hope he does, the state of this team depends on it.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

No they really weren't.
    Zach was 24 for 31 for 126 yards, no TDs. That's 3.7 yards per attempt. The only reason that game wasn't a blow out was we miraculously got 3 turnovers.
    Flacco went 17 of 24 for 278 yards and 2 TDs. We were tied on the 4th quarter when our defense fell apart.

HomeoftheJets and James Hasty like this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Pretty close considering Zach was missing Cory and Elijah and the offense still put up 24 pts as opposed to a Flacco led offense with his full complement of receivers only putting up 17 points.

#86 cval, May 4, 2022
    Last edited: May 4, 2022
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If you really want to know Saleh said after the game Moore was at fault for the interception by running the wrong route. He should have gone in. But, a few weeks later Zach said it was his fault and he should never have thrown that ball.

But, did it really matter? At that point the game was over and a garbage interception will not matter. What mattered were the three other interceptions that happened earlier two of which were on Zach. But, then again should we be upset with poor decisions by a rookie QB in his second game. Mistakes are good as long as they are learning points.

cval likes this.
  8. K'OB

I just picked the first bad throw on YouTube but glad somebody still found an excuse for it lol ;)

Just to clarify, none of last season matters a toss, it is all about this coming one and how he takes the step forward.

Noam likes this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Agree responding to adversity and pressure is the most important trait. None of us can say what Zach will be. No QB was ever placed in a worse position than he was last year. All we really know from last year is how he responded to adversity which is a mixed bag. Initially he responded really poorly trying to do too much, extend every play which resulted in his entire game falling apart. He lost his confidence, his mechanics, his pocket presence, and his accuracy. The injury wss the best thing for him as it allowed him to mentally reset. Surprisingly, he responded well regained his confidence, most of his mechanics, his pocket presence and played well the last 7 games without a healthy OL or skill players. So who will we get in 2022 the one who responds well to adversity or the one who folds and loses confidence? I can't tell you who we will get.

K'OB likes this.
  10. K'OB

Fingers crossed for this season :)

Noam likes this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I envision a scenario where everything flips upside down this year. ZW is picked up by the rest of the team this year and posts great stats while not being asked to do too much. In that case I see myself becoming a ZW critic while the rest of the board loves him. As when we judge a QB context matters often more than the results.

K'OB likes this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sam Darnold would beg to differ

When he finally gets chemistry with Robbie we just let him walk in free agency.

And how about the offensive line that Sam had?

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The offense didn't put up 24 because we got a pick 6 when Tua threw a terrible pass right to Echols. We also got two other turnovers on the dolphins side of the field. Zach did sneak one in though.

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

ZWs OL was much worse and so were his skill players. The OL had not practiced together to start the season and was not ready being in a new system. It took the OL 4 to 5 weeks to get it together. But, by the time ZW got back the OL was injured again with Fant missing games, AVT a game, McGovern multiple games. Against Jax last year the Jets only had to 2 to 3 starters besides Zach and 3 defensive starters available. The game should have been cancelled considering the Jets could not field a team.

Skill players ZW had it much worse Moore and Carter were injured in pre season and were not ready to start the season. By the time both were ready to contribute ZW was injured. When ZW came back then Moore and Carter went down again. All ZW had last year was a few games of Davis, Berrios, Cole and Jeff Smith.

To make matters worse the Jets had a historically bad defense. The worst in the league. He would often be down 7 points before his 1st pass and one game he was down 14 before throwing a single pass.

But, hey we are not done. Not only did he have no OL, no weapons, a team with the most injuries and the worst defense but PFF said ZW faced the hardest defenses of any QB in the NFL last year. So yes he had it as bad as you can get. Although, I can understand having Gase as coach should be the worst thing that can happen to anyone.

15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

OLine hurt and his receivers. He played pretty well.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Zach sucks and he's inaccurate.:rolleyes:

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You know, I'm not sure he played well or badly. Its true that Miami ate up our line that day. But Zach was frequently to slow in his progressions and held the ball to long. We can chalk it up to experience and being a rookie. Its really hard to make determinations from that game, other than Zach is a good athlete.

James Hasty likes this.
  18. K'OB

BTW I have not said he sucks.

But he has been inaccurate, I am not sure how you can keep denying it lol

I just noticed your soccer comparison

55% in soccer would 'suck' massively btw.

Also, you have to know the game to decide what was a pass in the vicinity or a good ball over the top for a player to run onto.

A team like Manchester City play the ball accurately to feet and probably are around 90% on accurate passes over the course of 38 games and 28,000 passes.

Though it has to be said it is a bizarre thing to compare.

James Hasty likes this.
  19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

20. NYsportsfan1962

There's no doubt the Jets now have good talent thanks to Joe Douglas. However, the table stakes and focus are all on how Zach performs and as important how Robert Saleh coaches. I think we all feel good about RS because in almost every interview he absolutely sounds the part. However, your record speaks and he still has to prove he can win and make all the necessary game time adjustments. Make those two things happen and we are at least near .500 and heading in the right direction.

BTW - Would love to see JC Tretter replace McGovern because he is a way better pass blocker (give Zach more time to get it downfield) and his signing would offset the 9 Mil in cap savings in cutting McGovern. Or just keep both for depth which would probably not happen..