Is Robert Saleh the right person for the job?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Oct 24, 2021.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's all related. Part of the reason Wilson is rolling out so much is because he immediately became uncomfortable in the pocket after our horrible OL play early in the season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

No matter what changes are or aren't made, the Jets are cursed and will be until #12 is no longer. Sad to say, but he sold his soul to the devil in SB3.

Baumeister likes this.
  3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Check the play, he just rolled back on the designed play. Had a short option too - actually two of them - but went for a big play (which actually worked due to PI call). TE didn't block well. Not related at all to OL - on this play or psychological effect on Zach from their play earlier in the season. It was a designed rollout, where Griffin fucked up.

4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I personally think the player hated Gase.

I personally think the players love Saleh.

That is a big stepping stone IMHO.

Can we give this at least a season before we pass judgement?

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Being loved works if you're an X's and O's guru like Reid, McVay, Mike LaFleur, Payton etc. Saleh is not that.

His main selling point was supposedly that he was a leader who would be a team CEO and consistently produce teams that played hard. The team has been woefully unprepared every single game. They commit a lot of penalties. They have the worst OC in the league, someone Saleh hired.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True indeed. That is because we have no fucking TE that can play the position and block

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I just watched the sideline hit on Zach... it happened right in front of Saleh.
    All he did was point to the spot where Zach was hit.

Rex Ryan would have raised BLOODY HELL!... because that's how you respect players!

Well... that and getting a tattoo permanently etched onto your body... :confused:

NYJetsO12, HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  8. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I get your point. My point is regardless of the coach/owner/OC/DC/GM $fillintheblank$ we all knew what we signed up for. There is no point to complain because it only affects us. It will never change anything.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I just want someone to explain to me how It's possible that the last two HC's we've hired are making me miss Todd Bowles as our HC.

Actual facts. It blows my mind.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

said at the start of the season that rolling into it with a rookie HC; rookie OC; rookie QB is a recipe for disaster

being able to say "I told you so" multiple times is about the only pleasure left following this team

Saleh should have stayed as a DC (though Niners fans are saying the defense looks even better this year with Demeco Ryans coaching it)

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Who cares who they need to pay and for how long? As much as I'd like to see an entirely new coaching staff tomorrow, that's not going to happen; Saleh is going nowhere at all this season and even if they don't win another game he'll be around at least until the bye week next year.

There has never been any indication that the owners hold back on making such decisions based on their payroll, it doesn't even come out of their own pockets and the franchise is valued at over FOUR BILLION DOLLARS! What's a few million bucks for trash removal?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Hell no! We can pass judgement any time we want to! There certainly is a ton to be judged and there has been since the first quarter of the first game.

Making decisions on the future is what needs to be considered for a while before changes are made; just keep giving these guys enough rope and see what they do with it.

13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Meh. I'm not a fan of this blame the coach shit. This franchise has been such shit for so long, people now just throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks. It's so easy to just blame the coach. We've done it for so long, why not just continue.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this team will struggle this year especially when their signal caller on offense and their signal caller on defense go down. The youth matters when you ask them to do so much at such a young age in this league. You really think everyone was wrong about him? The tons of analysts, ex players, ex coaches, league executives, etc. all were wrong? Saleh was one of the most sought after head coaching candidates. At least Gase was looked at as a completely idiotic hire from the beginning by most people.

Firing Saleh after 6 games is ridiculous.

I'll wait until we have completed next year's season before deciding where I'm at with it all. This coming offseason is going to be a very important one.

I'd suggest you all come to terms with Saleh sticking around through the 2022 season. I really think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think otherwise lol

Cman68, Baumeister and MDJets like this.
  14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

all gas...[​IMG]

15. Ralebird

Do you have any suggestions for Saleh that might help him stay here longer? I just posted in the "Fire Saleh" thread that he needs to make a change he should have made during the bye - demoting LaFleur and if he's not willing to do it on his own, Douglas needs to make it happen. The entire organization needs a wake up call and this could be the most logical and most productive - he needs to show that no one who doesn't get the job done is safe and needs to understand that himself.

16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

We’re all annoyed by the progress and another shitty performance. It takes time dude. Give Saleh a chance to make some adjustments. We all want fast progress but it’s not going to happen with the make up of this team. Unless Saleh pulls a Gruden, he is here to stay til next year.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The biggest indictment I have on Saleh thus far is not replacing Knapp after he passed. There is no one on that offensive side ball who has done this before so now you trot out a rookie HC, a rookie OC, and a rookie QB. WTF did you think would happen?

18. Ralebird

I think most of us would be satisfied with even the slightest amount of progress but things get worse every week.

REVISion likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well they replaced him but they did it with the guy that came up with the kindergarten wristband for Sanchez in 2009. I don't know who expected that to be a huge success but I did not.

I expected Saleh to make rookie mistakes this year but I didn't expect them with such volume and frequency.

I'm still giving all of these guys a chance because I am sick of the Fire Everyone crowd who were also some of the people with the least realistic high hopes when the season was starting.

Acad23, KY Jets Fan and dawinner127 like this.
  20. Ralebird

But he did: “I’m not here to replace him,” Cavanaugh said, per ESPN. “I don’t think I can replace him, but I promise I’ll try to represent him well. I’ll work hard, do the best I can and, hopefully, make him proud.”

Things to know about Jets assistant Matt Cavanaugh (usatoday.com)

dawinner127 likes this.