Is Jamal Adams on his way to being the best defender in football?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Jun 3, 2020.

?

Is Jamal Adams on his way to being the best defender in football?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No. He's not Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack. He'd be in the next group after them.

rammagen likes this.
  2. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll may not even want him around much more in Seattle.
    So my vote is no.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

To be clear though
    - it's still midway through a season and he's just coming back from injury
    - He's being used as if he's a nickel corner right now, no idea why he's being asked to cover WR's when he's more like a hyper athletic OLB. But that's coaching for you. Gregg used Jamal to his strengths, no shock he's struggling in SEA right now

MJK likes this.
  4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

He didn't actually play that badly but he's surrounded by complete shit. Even though he's not strictly deployed as a safety, his trade value massively overvalued his position - two first round picks that could be used on impact players, a third rounder for depth and Bradley McDougald who flips a mean burger.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Maybe in his dreams, he is.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

There seems to be more threads on this board about ex-Jets than current Jets. Adams real value will be determined in the postseason, not the regular season - where the Seahawks don't even need him to make the playoffs.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its fun watching jets fans turn their attention from hating tom brady and the patriots to an ex jet. good work guys, you are really doing great work. smh hes a great player, he will do well and he doesnt give a flying piece of dog crap what any of us think. he owns space in jets fans minds.

stinkyB likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Carroll just signed a contract extension also. He probably lives with Jamal Adams for the 5th year and then decides whether he really wants to pay a safety as much as Adams seems to want.

We all know how Jamal reacts to that kind of pressure and my guess is he talks himself off of the team before 2022.

Carroll is definitely playing him on the 5th year guarantee next season unless Adams is willing to come down out of the stratosphere on his demands. Carroll has to get the 2021 season value out of Adams given what he paid to acquire him.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

He's talented, but "best defender in football"? No. Just.....no.

10. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Seattle is on track to have the worst pass defense in the history of football and Adams is the worst starting safety in the league vs the pass ....he may come up with a big play in the playoffs that helps win a game but otherwise they are the same team with or without him.

11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Based on what I saw last week they are entirely dependent on Wilson, with a little help from DK. He's playing at a record breaking level. If his form drops a little or a receiver gets nicked up there is every chance they don't make the playoffs. The pass D is terrible.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the guy is really struggling in Seattle. Could be a short marriage if this continues.
    Maybe he will come back to the Jets when Seattle cuts him and we have Jim Harbaugh? :)

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

He also has 5.5 sacks in 5 games, and all of them were in key moments in the game.
    I have watched a lot of Seattle, you think our pass rush is bad, Adams is there pass rush.
    Adams is best playing in the box, he is not a deep cover safety.

I would expect him to have a big game on Thursday and into December playing meaningful games.

I said this in the weekly other games thread.
    You can say all you want that a safety is not worth a certain figure, but please stop trying to rationalize the trade by trying to convince yourself that Adams is not an elite player in this league.

And if you look at the clip above, you can clearly see #11 has his arm hooked and being held until just before the ball carrier gets there, hardly proving the point they are trying to make. Pause it at :04 and you have a perfect shot of it.

#35 Section 336, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
    alleycat9 likes this.
  16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Heaven forbid a Jet had 5.5 sacks throughout only 5 games Jet fans would be sucking him off.

But hey. At least we've got a stiff in Marcus Maye who we passed on Dalvin Cook for who's a Free Safety with 0 ball hawking ability who's led our Defense to an 0-9 record as a player who 0 NFL Owners/GMs are willing to trade a single draft pick for; let alone two 1st's and a 3rd lol

I wonder which 2020 Jet makes All Rookie team? lol.

I wonder who the next Pro Bowl Jet is? Sam Darnold, maybe? lol.

I wonder who becomes our first 1st-team All-Pro since Revis/Jamal? lol.

I wonder which next Jet sets up our future with a Khalil Mack/Jamal Adams type of haul of a trade? Hahahaha!

And I wonder how and why Jet fans are willing to give Joe Douglas 5-6 years but yet Seattle isn't allowed to give Jamal not even 5-6 games before the Jamal backlash? Hypocritical, much? lol

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I guess I'll just post this here..

If he was truly depressed, then I hope he gets whatever help needed and is okay, but this is just so hard to believe. He hates losing, who doesn't? If that's why you're depressed then I guess we have all been depressed for 50+ years. This video is all about me, me, me. If the Jets ponied up and paid Prez the money he wanted he wouldn't be depressed, he would be fine. If he wanted out of NY so badly that his Pops was making calls to his agent to get him out of NY then why did he flip a shit when Douglas took calls about him? This smells of BS.

The player is terrific, but the headache with him is not and I'm happy we moved on.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

missed the part where the guy gets the underhook on him? you have to watch the whole play, not just the part that fits your narrative.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

He also intensionally left out his 7 tackles, 1 turnover created on a QB strip, 2 tackles for loss behind the LOS and another TWO sacks lol

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Though there were a lot of factors, one of the biggest issues was that the Jets “do not want to win,” Adams said.