Is it the players or the coaching?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Sep 14, 2010.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Listen I've drunk Ryan's Kool-aid as much as anyone but after last night's game I'm beyond angry at the preparation and the execution of this team's play.Here are some examples.

1)Sanchez for all his boyish charm is just another Latin Browning Nagle or is Schotty that bad an O/C?

2)I'm tired of Rex claims about how good the defense is.12 of 19 in third down conversions coupled with over 120 yds in penalties will make you ask yourself is this on the players or coaching.

Yes it's only 1 game. The problem being if things don't change quickly will be here next Sunday evening saying it's only the 2nd game.So is this problem easily corrected or does is it just another lost year for an franchise that has had way too many lost years already?

2. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

cant blame defense here this is all on shotty sanchez is a very good qb but the oc has him playing scared he never looked like this in usc only here with this aids infected non creative anti pass taliban asshole calling shitty plays from his loser fathers playbook

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

D was great. Schotty sucked before Sanchez got here. Sanchez seemed pretty pissed at the playcalling. I would lean towards Schotty being the problem.

4. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

amazing that we score in preseason when sanchez called the plays

5. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

the D held a high powered offense to 10 pts and 50 rush yds on 35 carries. the 3rd downs were frustrating but that's not why the jets lost.

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Please post more...your avatar is amazing.:up:

7. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

yes lucy is amazing thank god my whore has tits like that it numbs the pain

those tits and the mexican ass on same body i wat fuck and sire a whole football team of rexy manaics

8. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Too many penalties, a fumble at the wrong time, Schotty sucking dick on the sideline.. it was a sloppy game.

9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

1. We all know that Sanchez can make the throws, when the wheels are off.
    Hes had it drummed into him about check-downs, and now it seems, hes forgotten about the plays and within seconds going to check-down.
    We still don't know what he can do after one game.
    Theres also a bit of me which thinks the CS have one eye on the next game and would prefer to go with a pound game against the Ravens and open it up next week against the Pats.

2. The D really is that good and barring stupid pens would have been near perfect.
    Jenks went down early and we didn't miss a beat, credit to Mike Pettine and the players.
    What high powered O would love to have our D? The field position that the D gained for us was amazing, and equally as shocking was the conservative, vanilla offense that turned up.
    Well just off to work now with 2 hours sleep under my belt, better be a good shift :up:

10. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen New Member

That was an amazing defensive performance man, there were mistakes sure, but the defense was on the field for very long periods of time because the offense didn't want to have any of it. This is as good as it gets man.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Bryan Thomas looks completely re-born, and holy shit!! What about Taylor, beastly!!

12. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

about time he looked alive even the ghost made a cameo

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

how anyone could even begin to blame the defense or special teams is beyond me. The Jets offense was so far and away the weakest unit on the field tonight for either team, that it boggles my mind that there are actually threads complaining about anything else.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Its a little bit of both but on the real side of things. We never start off fast, we always get on our grind when teams are falling apart. This is a marathon that only the strongest, toughest minded teams will survive, We showed this last season.

“The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer.”

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

We started off extremely fast last season but point well taken

16. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

The defense was far from an issue. Some bad penalties and some bad officiating aside, they were put in a ridiculously tough position (save for the excellent position that the punting team usually put them in) of having been out on the field for an extremely long amount of time. Part of that was their own doing and some bad officiating, but the defense probably would have been even better had the offense actually kept them off the field for a little bit and kept the Ravens defense on the field to wear them down.

All things aside, considering how worn out the defense should've been, they held up really well, stuffed a great run game even without Jenkins, and only allowed ten points. If Pace was there it would've helped. This game clearly showed the lack of a pass rush from the LB spot. Thomas played well but Taylor was terrible rushing the QB, and Scott is just okay at it and Harris is above average, but they aren't rushing every play like one of the OLB's usually are.

Ellis played another great game under Ryan. They are really going to miss him and be hurting when he's gone. It's going to be tough to find someone to replace him.

#16 SuppaMan, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  17. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

yeah black cat(ellis) played a great game.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

On a 3rd and long it would have been nice to see them air the ball out 40 yards. Even if we give up an INT it still would be as good as a punt. Well maybe I'm exagerating, because our punter was great last night.

19. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

Sanchez might suck, but we will never know until Shotty lets him throw the ball around

This game manager shit he is teaching him doesnt work at all though, he has him scared to throw the ball more than 3 yards

We need Shotty to take the cuffs off because we will never win like this

20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Yeah, this. I could not agree more. It comes down to this...they need to either trust Sanchez to play Quarterback or they need to sit him. It makes no sense to say "you're the guy" but then keep him on such a short leash that he's afraid to fail.