Is it possible in NFL to swap/trade bad contracts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I could see that as a possibilty with the Raiders. I also mentioned that Heyward-bey makes sense in terms of need and money for both teams. I think he could be a viable target. Obviously, he's a bust too, but we need a No. 3 WR, and let Hill develop without the pressure of starting, and I think he can be decent.

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I dont think DHB has much guarented money left on his contract, so the raiders could relatively easily cut him without losing much.

where as guys like McClain and Sanchez are both toxic due major cash

3. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I'm not sure about Bey's guaranteed money. I know he is due a base of 7 mil, and a cap hit of 10 million next year. But, not sure what it would cost them to cut him, although guessing the cap hit would still be pretty big.

McClain could make sense too, and fits a need I guess. But yeah, basically, bust for bust trades are pretty much our only option right now, so might as well look for busts in areas that we are weak at.

4. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

Almost all those teams have high draft picks. Just saying. Would you take Sanchez over Geno Smith or Matt Barkley?

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Tanny is a bean counter. He knew that by extending Mark he'd free up a few buck right then to get shit done. It never occurred to him that Mark sucks, won't play another snap for the Jets, will handcuff him and his replacement for years to come.

Hey Tanny....were those few bucks you got last year worth it?

Maybe next time you guarantee a player $8M you may want to ask someone if the dude will even be playing. At least stop into TGG once in a while. Jesus.