Is it just me ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Good point. There is no understating how big what first week game is. I know there are plenty of games and it's the first week but it feels like the Superbowl to me.

2. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

yes, it's just you and a few homer's!!! i'm sure vegas would love to have you lay some big green down on this funny feeling. like taking candy from a baby!

3. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

thinking positive is never a bad thing, but being reallistic isn't either.
    ravens are a better team than jets, did you watch football last year?

s.d. is miles ahead of the jets, they actually look to have a franchise qb and twice the talent.

colts and pats had major injuries last year and are miles ahead of us. sure we beat the pats once last year with all their injured player's, just barely.

again, being positive is a good thing, but honestly, we had the perfect season as far as injuries went(not likely to happen again) and a very weak schedule to boot.

i can see why those calling for a drop off this year is reasonable. we don't have the talent or the depth of those teams.

we don't have a franchise qb like those teams(penny is smart and servicable, but nowhere near the talent of manning/brady and probably river's).

we have a much tougher schedule this year.

and we're not likely to get through the season without injuries, like last year!

lastly, we're not going to surprise anyone like last year, teams will be gunning for the jet's to use as a measuring stick as to just how they stack up to a playoff contender. last year we surprised teams. this year will be a year where we see just how far we have reallycome and how much farther we have to go.

in closing, 12-4 is a pipe dream, imho!!!

#23 joesmoe39, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  4. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Just the fact were talking about a super bowl possiblity is a miracle..12 month's ago most here thought a 6 win season would have been a solid year..I don't know the percentage difference a head coach in the NFL makes to a team but if I'm talking NY Jets its a fairly big number. It's unbelievable the change in attitude in the organzation,the fans and most media in their perception of the Jets..Eric Mangini is the mack-daddy!!!

5. LWC611

LWC611 Member

The Jets are not ready to play in the superbowl. I am not sure why we are talking about it. Maybe they will be soon, but not this year. Expecting us to go to the SB is a dream, a nice dream, but nothing more.
    Hate me if you will, for saying this but I am expecting a step backwards.

#25 LWC611, Jun 19, 2007
  6. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

See, Thats an attitude I could never understand..that negative BS. If your a fan of the Jets,Ravens, Pat's etc you believe that this could be the year, that the magic will be there. If not then why would you even root or care about a team. It's a diversion from your everyday life..you root for your team, you think your team can go all the way..you believe its possible..thats the fun part. Taking steps back,tough schedule..BS..Root hard and believe in the NY JETS and root hard and don't give me I'm realistic BS either..Alot of realistic A-holes got slapped down last year when they predicted more losses then wins and when it didn't happen blamed their idiocy on the '"Soft Schedule"
    NO..you were wrong..period..BELIEVE

#26 glenn212, Jun 19, 2007
  7. Pride

Pride New Member

By that logic why are there Browns, Lions, Bills, Dolphins, n Raiders fans. If they dont believe they can win a SB why root at all? Thats flawed, just b/c im realistic and notice the flaws on my team and the advantages on another does not make me any less of a fan. The cold honest truth is that if the Jets matched up in the playoffs against a Pats,Colts, SD team they would probably get their asses handed to them. Thinking like this isnt negative its not avoiding reality. I root harder for my team more then any delusional clown. I wanna see a SB as much as anyone here but I realize it maybe just maybe may take more then 1 year and a half in a rebuilding scheme under a new FO.

#27 Pride, Jun 19, 2007
  8. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

So now I'm a clown for stating my opinion. What was your prediction last year for the Jets? Realistic..What does being realistic have to do the Jets. Pro Football is fantasy world for fans, your escape from the realties of 9 to 5. To root for a bunch of millionaires to beat the other bunch of millionaires. "Reality" is energy costs are going to cripple us soon, interest rates are rising, gobal warming is changing the world for the worst. Thats why I root fot the Jets or anyone roots for any team..its fantasy..its fun..its not REALITY and thats the beauty of it. Every sunday for three hours I'm not worried about any of it just the next stop or first down, touchdown or field goal. What the Jets do does not personally affect my life..(maybe my mood) so its my escape... not my reality...You have a good day!!

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Two points: First, the Pats DID NOT destroy us two games last year. Yes, they won the early game, then they lost like 35-0 to the phins, then lost to the Jets AT HOME. Playoff game? We lost that game on Chad's non-backwards pass that NE ran in for a TD. If the screen pass actually worked for us and we scored 7, we win that game. One play changed the whole completion of the game. Second point: I can't WAIT to see Chad's play action pass return. Chad and Brady have the two best play action passes in the league, but Chad's has been zero the last two years due to a total non-existing running threat. OK Third, just count the minutes until Randy Moss has his usual melt down. You know it's coming and I can't wait to see the turmoil is causes. The first time Brady leads him a bit too far and Kerry Rhodes lays hm out, the hoonymoon is over. That's all. Oh ya, Jets 35, NE 17.

10. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Thats what my wife said after reading some responces to my thread!

11. Pride

Pride New Member

It wasnt a personal attack, clown is just the word I use freely to describe people jokingly.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Offensive line, defensive line, need them, don't have them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Mangini can pull a 9 or 10 win rabbit out of the hat again however I'm thinking the odds on the super bowl are 1%.

13. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

i think we can surprise a lot of the critics like the saints did last year if our young guys can step it up

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

footballgod214 quote; just count the minutes until Randy Moss has his usual melt down. You know it's coming and I can't wait to see the turmoil is causes. The first time Brady leads him a bit too far and Kerry Rhodes lays hm out, the hoonymoon is over. That's all. Oh ya, Jets 35, NE 17.

so many poster's have come out with this fantasy excuse for why the pats will crumble from within, and it's total jet(and many other fans of other teams) homerism! for one, they would cut him in a heart beat before that fantasy ever happen's(they did it with terry glen,who's as good as anyone on the jet's right now), secondly, they have too many other weapons now to fill in for moss.

there is also the possibility that moss becomes very dangerous again, which is a very good possibility with brady chucking the rock, but nobody even wants to admit or think about that scenario!

jets 35, NE 17, i guess it's possible, but more likely the other way around.

15. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

I don't know but I'll tell you this. Every time the pundits pick us to lose we win. So let them keep bashing away while I ready myself for training camp...

16. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

This is the JETS year, it will finally come. We have waited much too long.

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you might as well just put that under your avatar, you seem to say it every year. maybe it's a jinx!!!

18. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

They were actually ranked #17 offensivley last year . . . . On the other hand, the Jets were #25

They actually have a nice mix of vets and younger players, with Lewis, Rolle, Pryce, and McCallister providing some nice experience. Then they have guys that are right in their prime like Ed Reed and Terrel Suggs, along with some young guys like Ngata (who was somewhat of a fountain of youth for Lewis) and Laron Landry. And I don't think one year is going to severely damper the #1 overall defense from last season.

19. DACHUMS

DACHUMS Banned

We'll Get There, But Not This Year, Let Revis Get A Year Or Two And Everything Will Come Together, I'm Thinkibg Realistically 2 More Years.

20. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

It's definately just you.