Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Revis will be on mike thomas.....

that said, I can't name a SINGLE wide receiver other than him on their team right now since Sims-walker left. Obv. marcedes lewis but he's not a receiver (who the fuck names their kid Marcedes? Fuckin retards couldn't spell Mercedes?)

I wonder if they have their own version of the Cowboy's Ovaltine

2. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Of course he is worth it! What is wrong with you guys? He gave up a jump ball to that beast Dez Bryant (Revis did the same). He made an outstanding play on the ball to Miles Austin that got unluckily stolen. No cornerback is going to be shutdown every play. He is going to get beat. But he does a damn pretty good job.

3. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

we got stood up at the prom by nnamdi, we just have to settle with the semi-decent looking cromartie....

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

This is what you get from Cromartie. We should all know this by now, he runs hot and cold. It also doesn't help that he plays opposite the best corner in the world.

He's not worth the money, but that's what happens when you enter free agency with a desperate need.

5. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Cro isn't great but he isn't awful either. He's a very solid #2 corner, though. He go beat on two plays that any corner not named Revis would have failed to defend easily.

Cro's problem has as much to do with expectations as it does technique/physicality. When you play opposite the best corner and arguably defensive player in the league you have a ton of balls thrown at you every game and every single thing you do is put under a microscope. Jet fans need to stop thinking he's a 1B to Revis and accept him as a very, very good #2. He could be in the upper echelon if he were more physical at the line, but he isn't, so lets just accept him as he is.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Hes good. I cant emphasize just how god Dez Bryant is. Dez Bryant imo is going to be the best WR in the NFL. Just wait until Cromartie is defending guys like ochocinco and no name recievers, he will be fine.

7. Calikid

Calikid New Member

A tough question. That's a lot of money, however you guys have the cap room and he's a good corner.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

why are you not answering your own question?

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If he's "not worth the money," then what do you people want to pay for him?

Go ahead, give me the numbers and you'll hear the laughter of GMs and Agents in the air.

That was fair market value. His contract is what everyone would have paid for him. There is no 6 million per year contract for Cro.

He's not overpaid. Bryan Thomas was overpaid.

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

ComplainingAboutAContractOneGameIntoIt,Stupid?

11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Is he WORTH the contract? No

Was he worth overpaying to get a solid #2 corner? Absolutely

The only play that was really his fault last night was getting bitched by Miles Austin, but even still, he was in the right spot and Austin made one hell of a play.

The Bryant TD was plain and simply a PERFECT throw by Romo and an even better catch by Bryant. Cro was all over Dez and if that throw is slightly off he breaks up the catch. A perfect throw beats perfect coverage every time.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

then what number do you have for him?

Because it seems no one understands how the market dictates value.

13. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I get that.

The question was whether we think he is worth the money he is being given. In my opinion he's not, but because of the lack of options at the CB position I'm glad we got him.

14. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

i don't think any one is arguing we overpaid in the market for him. Just that the market for corners is just overvalued in general.

If paid a player of Cro's caliber, who was a safety, I bet he only gets 5-6 million a year. A DT? probably less than that.

Cro is one of the best #2's in the NFL, if not the best, but the CB market is overvalued, which as a result means cro was overvalued.

you want a number though? I thought if we could get Cro for 6-7 million we did well. Obviously the market dictated he be paid more than that. Would have been great to get him for less, but as has been stated, we really needed him. What we paid was fair value for the market, and got the guy in the fold we really had to have.

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

God you people are so quick to jump the gun...

One game, give it a few games.

16. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

we don't play Dez Bryant and Miles Austin every week calm down, Cromartie is absolutely worth his contract.

17. rtaylor86

rtaylor86 New Member

Cromartie is a great corner, Dez Bryant just put on a clinic for him in that first series. He should of had that INT but Austin wrestled it out of his hands. Or else we may be praising him

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

In reality, the Jets were probably willing to pay Cro $12M/yr, and Cro was probably willing to play for $6M/yr.

19. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

AntonioCromartie,Overpaid?

20. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Cro is not close to Revis's ability, neither is Aso or anyone for that matter. For people to sat Aso is second best need to review games. Revis is "mile apart" from the competion. Cro is good but not the best, I'm OK with Cro as of right now. He is a top 5 CB.