Is Cromartie worth his 4 year $32 million dollar contract?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Sep 12, 2011.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

so hes not getting paid as a top four corner, but unless he is recognized as a top four corner hes not worth the investment? sound logic

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You wuold think the Cro haters would have taken this week off. Maybe spend some time working through the in box or, for the unemployed, answering some want ads. Yard work, maybe. But then some are gluttons for punishment, I guess.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I guess he didn't play well enough to keep his job.

I'm still trying to figure out the logic of Jacksonville beating the Titans that beat the Ravens theory. Does that really matter if it's not the playoffs?

4. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Cromartie has a tough series of three assignments coming up that will really let us know how he's doing this season. Against the Raiders, he may see time against Moore, who is doing well so far. He'll probably be assigned to Lee Evans when the Jets visit Baltimore. In New England, he'll probably have all manner of things to do as the Jets are sure to throw some complicated schemes at Tom Brady.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This is an interesting week. The biggest strength of our defense is our CBs with Revis and Cro. One of the other arguments against giving Cro that much money is because teams like New England, our biggest rival, is increasingly going towards using a tight end-heavy offense, which Cro isn't really suited for.

Oakland is another one of those teams.

Cromartie was the good Cromartie last week. Against a bad QB and bad WRs, he was able to make some plays on the ball and use his speed for returns. The Jags as a whole were overmatched, and Cromartie was one of the reasons why and one of the beneficiaries of it.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Let me ask you a question... why is it that everyone forgave Deion Sanders for not tackling or fighting blocks and clogging lanes in run support?

Now let me ask you another question... should we be content with above average numbers for picks, passes defended and other such numbers for a guy whose 'Package' contains an airless void where physical play usually resides in a well rounded football player?

In order to justify his lack of physical play in my mind, his stats will have to be pretty impressive to compensate for the lack of tackling in his 'package', lack of physical man coverage in his 'package', and lack of effort to the ball carrier when he recognizes a run is coming to his side.

Here's an idea for a drinking game. Drink a shot of pure grain alcohol every time the ball is run to Cromartie's side of the field and he is actually in the camera's frame when the tackle is made.

Don't get mad at me when you're stone sober as the 4th quarter clock expires.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's not his responsibility either. That's what we are supposed to have backers and safeties for but our LBs can't cover anybody.

8. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i usually find your posts quite entertaining but your crusade against cro is bordering on retarded ... at this point, im pretty sure he impregnated your girlfriend

your tackling rant is complete bullshit ... nobody runs on us (outside of the afc title game, and those werent on cro) so where are all of these missed tackled occurring? cro has tackled fairly well since hes been a jet

and his "package" also includes fantastic return ability ... as well as super saiyan semen, as im sure youre aware

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Am I the only one who has noticed Cro making decent hits so far?

He isn't knocking guys into next week but I have seen some decent tackling from him and I can't recall any give ups or wiffs so far.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I've seen it.

your not imagining things dont worry.

11. 624

624 Banned

He is hitting harder but it's like Kerry Rhodes' hard hits, absolutely no form and a high change of whiffing.

At least he's trying to be physical.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Really?

I Swear I have seen him wrap up a few guys. Nothing spectacular but just making the play. Another thing I'll need to focus more on.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

imo he's been a decent tackler since he got here...he's not gonna make sportscenter for knocking anybody on their ass but I don't recall him missing many tackles

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'll give him the credit of trying to make tackles this year.

He has not pulled what he did against the Jets in 09 during the playoff game yet. Its nice to see him lowering the shoulder and stop/slow down the ball carrier.

But he'll never use his hands or strength the way he should to be an elite CB.

But I'll ask you, what price did you want him at?

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I have no trouble figuring out that either you didn't try very hard or have trouble with logic.

McCown played poorly against the Jets. Is that because he flat out sucks, or is there some chance, COMPARED TO THE WAY THEY BEAT A TEAM THE WEEK BEFORE THAT WENT ON THE VERY NEXT WEEK TO BEAT THE RAVENS, that the Jet D might have had a teensy weensy little bit to do with it?

A scintilla?

Since you and those others here who have an agenda seeking to diminish Cro's accomplishments certainly don't know that the answer is that the Jet D had NOTHING to do with the net result, I think we should think it fair to say that the Jet D probably did have something to do with it.

Call me crazy.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Call me crazy but I think McCown had something to do with making Eric Smith look like Ed Reed in coverage.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Can a mod please add "t" to his name in the thread title? Not sure why it annoys me so much when I see "Cromarie" on the main page....

18. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I've got to agree with the others here. The "Team X beat Team Y, and Team Y beat Team Z, and Team Z beat Team Q, so therefore......" is just ridiculous to use as the basis for a legitimate argument. Every team has bad games. Every QB has bad games. Every team has bad matchups.

I went to a college that isn't really know for athletics, besides having a decent hockey team some years. Nearly every year, however, I would hear people claiming that we had the best BBall team in the NCAA because we beat George Mason, and GMU beat Syracuse, and .... until you end up at the NCAA champions. Of course everyone realized that it was just a joke because it is such a terrible way of judging things.

I'm not trying to take either side of the Cromartie argument, but the way that you are going off like he has "proven" all of his doubters wrong this past week is kind of laughable in my opinion.

Also, McCown wasn't exactly spectacular in that victory over the Titans. 0 TD, 0 INT, 2 fumbles.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Are you a feminine, flamboyant dude that is a meticulous dresser, listens to Barbara Streisand, talks with a lisp, and walks bold legged? I bet you are........

20. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Wow, why is it that when one of our less-heralded players has a good game it's always a result of the other team playing like shit? I'm sure if E. Smith gets burned on a big play by someone like Brady or Rivers it will be because E. Smith is a piece of shit who shouldn't be starting and not because the QB made an amazing throw?