Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You think we passed on Cutler and Lienart to take Clemens without believing in him? They didn't even know if Chad could play when we drafted last year. Just because the word is they love Chad and he is the starter doesn't mean they don't have plans for Clemens to lead this team in the very near future.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

All I am merely saying is this:

1.) This was sort of a payback game because the Jets handled the Vikings rather easy last year. Yes, I think the Vikings staff came in here with a more challenging gameplan/motivation.

2.) Mangini and company are going to use this game to their advantage. Meaning if I was a Jet, I would cancel all non-Football related plans.

3.) The Jets plain vanilla pre-season game plans make them particularly susceptible to # 1 premise.

4.) I saw and heard the same chicken little stuff last year......... albeit not from your troll ass.

5.) Pre-season sucks ass.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Preseason means nothing and no doubt with NE up first we are not going to show anything scheme wise. When you play vanilla guys still are competing and physical competition without scheme is no excuse for being over powered and certainly not for making mental mistakes. I sensed geniune concern by the staff on the sidelines. One thing we did see yesterday was consistent dominating special teams play.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yes this I do agree. Some things, I caught that I was not happy happy about were the following:

1.) Ellis was brutal on the long Pederson run. In particular it looked liked the DL was starting 3-4 yards off the LOS because of being pushed back by the Vikings OL on that drive. Then the next drive it was reverse.

2.) I missed the first INT. On the second I swear I saw the Vikings D-lineman slip a quarter in Bricks mouth before he turned him around and was in Chad's face during Chad's TD pass.

I did see Brick out blocking very well in several run plays. I do not know if that counteracts how bad he was on # 2 though.

The only area I thought was tight for the Jets last night was special teams. I have watched a bunch of other teams ST's units in the preseason and that unit is going to keep us in games. Games where you are going to wonder how in the world are the Jets either winning or keeping it this close.

I am really excited because this is the one area where the Jets in particular are as talented if not more talented than any other team in the NFL. That is not including Westhoff, maybe the best ST coach in the business.

#105 Miamipuck, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  6. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i dont know if tui should be higher than brad or chad....i mean, he really sucks donkey balls.

but as it stands right now, i want to see kellen in there, and i DEFINATELY want to see chansi stuckey on this team. getting him in round 7 is highway robbery.

i like chad, i have his jersey, but he isnt the answer. you cant win in the nfl with just smarts and guts...the physical side of it has to go along for the ride. i wouldnt want to see chad on another team, but i think in order for us to get to the next level we are going to need to put someone else under center.

if that happens with kellen this season im sure we will take our lumps and have quite the high pick come aril of 08, but i think it will be worth it. im ready for one more brutal year if after we can all see the light.

...who knows though...maybe one more year on the bench and then they will put kellen in there full time...hopefully not, but if chad gets hurt it will be kellens team to lose...because i dont see penny comming back from any other arm troubles...

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

my question to junc and the other chad supporters is htis,....you guys keep saying that chad looked like shit last preseason alos....well, have you seen chads numbers from last year? you guys would be happy with that again? you think we're gonna win 10 games against a much tougher schedule with an exact replica of chads season last year? what a joke. And junc you really shouldnt attack winston about his post quality with that "I wanna blow chad and herm" bullshit that you come to this board with every day. youre posts have always been garbage dude. other than spending 4 hours a night looking up stats your understanding of the game is garbage bro

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

HAW! It seems we've all taken up the same mantra without knowing we've all taken up the same mantra. :lol:

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well I am not a supporter of Chad nor a detractor. The whole team basically sucked last night. Why single anyone out it was just a pre-season game.

BTW, As daballhawk corrected earlier Chad had fantastic stats. He was 9-10 with 2 TD's.

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

People need to calm down, it's the preseason, that's what it's for. Chad looked bad on two throws, he hasn't thrown in a game since January. He should probably get more work in, but I'm not the coach. The offense usually looks bad in pre-season, which is why I'm frankly more concerned that our first string defense hasn't stopped anyone. Adrian Peterson is either the next Eric Dickerson or we need to improve against the run. Atlanta moved against us with Joey Harrington in there. Then again, it's preseason. One year we went 5-0 in August and 4-12 in the regular season, so I'm not jumping off the bridge after the second pre-season game.

[​IMG]

We talkin bout PRE SEASON, man!

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It was 1992 as to the first part. As to the second part, are you not well? You must pitch yourself headfirst into the East River. And do it right. Hehe.

12. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

winston you are not a troll but based on the facts you present to us, looks like our 4th stringer is the starting qb this season. gooooo chad!

13. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Carter was sabotaged by the coaching staff. Even with the few passes he was allowed to throw it was fairly obvious that he could do things that Pennington couldn't. Over the long haul his inconsistency would have done him in but for one game against a defense like Pittsburgh I'd agree that he would've given us a better shot to win then Pennington.

14. jonnyd

especially when you consider penny did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING against Pitt that day. nothing

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Pennington should still start at the beginning of the season.. at least until he proves he shouldn't. I don't think preseason games are really all that telling, but postseason ones are.. and Chad had 2 key turnovers in the NE game and couldn't convert on 3rd downs. That game was within our reach too. If he looks this bad in the first couple games this season, then maybe I'll jump on the 'sack chad' bandwagon, but until then, he deserve a shot.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The man was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder.

You think we score 10 w/ Quincy when he could only lead us to 23 against Ari and Cle?

Curtis and lamont ran 24 times for 107 yds(4.5 YPC). How did he hold back our running game again?

Have you watched Chad play at all during his career?

Last year Chad led us to ZERO points in preseason yet amazingly when the reg season began he led us to 24 in the opening week.

So Chad not leading the O to a single point in preseason had you feeling confident?

No I won't be happy w/ the same #s but he'll have better #s b/c he'll be in year 2 of the system, he'll have a running game and his Ol will have more experience.

My posts have always been about FACTS. you guys can attack Chad and Herm all you want but the facts showed we won w/ them and are continuing to win w/ Chad. make all the pathetic excuses you want but the facts back me up, as usual.

17. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

:eek:fftopic:

what a ghetto hunk of shit! i cant believe he has "money bagz" inked on his hand...i was never an iverson fan, but jesus christ thats just trashy...

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's ludicrous in here today.

19. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Listen, Buster Brown...preseason or not....Chad was trying just as hard last night as he ever would in a regular season game. Enough with this "preseason" bullshit. He was doing his absolute BEST. The fact of the matter is, Chad greatest strength in the past was his brains...smart decision making. He is lacking this attribute at the moment. Without a big arm, Chad needs to go with his head. Richard Todd made the same stupid picks from time to time, but at least he had an ARM. That's why I would take Todd in a second over Chad right now.

20. jonnyd

and the FACT junc, is that we aint won shit in 40 years