Interesting article about Brad Smith as future QB of the NYJ

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CaneJet, Sep 14, 2006.

1. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

And their isn't racism in the league that black QB's have had to put up with?

2. Phyr

Phyr Member

Matt Jones

3. ButchWalker

ButchWalker New Member

uggghhh. blackathlete.net. Why is there not a whiteathlete.net, or white entertainment television, or white colleges, or white history month. I know not all blacks are like this, but why do they insist on seperating themselves. The format is so awful, I cant even finish it. But, Im sure it is about few black QB's, or few black coaches in the NFL. I wonder why they dont compalin that there are no white tailbacks. Urrrr, sorry for the rant.

4. TeamJets2K6

TeamJets2K6 New Member

Blakc's cna't be Racism toward white, because how the structure of this society systematically comparmentalizes power and influence to those who are white

Straight up! It's called White Privelige

5. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I guess the Jaguars, and whoever drafted Eric Crouch to be a receiver are racist too.

6. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

This isn't reverse racism, it's plain racism. This article is ridiculous. Where are the people that complain that minorities always claim racism for nothing? This time they'd be right, instead of attacking everything all the time when it's not the case.

7. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Is Nat X of SNL fame writing this?

8. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

What about white runningbacks? If the black qb is racism then so is the white runningback.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I cannot believe this article was published. If this site had any credibility before, it certainly has none now - at least in my book. What a clown.

10. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

So does this basically mean that Mike Vick is the best QB in the league; because he's black and fast?

Racism like this (and all racism really) is absolutly ridiculous

11. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

My favorite article is "NCAA- It Just Keeps Getting WORST."

If you're going to write a race-based empowerment article, please use proper grammar. If you think you're qualified to speak for your entire race, you might attempt to do so eloquently. This site is full of fourth grade grammar errors.

-X-

12. Greenjet74

Greenjet74 New Member

I blame the league for keeping down the Jewish Runningbacks....

13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That is such a tired argument and it's totally untrue. Racism means judging a person by their race, just as sexism means judging them by their sex and ageism means judging them by their age.

If you automatically think someone is inferior to you because they are a different colour, that is racism.

It is obviously and indisputably true that black people have suffered far more from racism than white people. But judging people on the colour of their skin is a horrible thing to do whichever way it works.

It is also true that there used to be a big barrier to black athletes playing QB in the NFL, just as there was a barrier to black soccer players in England. The barriers are dropping in sports all over the world.

The problem with this article is it assumes Brad Smith should start as a rookie because he is black. And the only reason he isn't starting is because of racism. It is badly written, twists facts horrendously (I mean, honestly, have you ever seen a 'flawless' drive that covered 41 yards in 13 plays and ended in a field goal?) and gratuitously insults a man with immense integrity and courage, Chad Pennington, because he is white.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

don't criticize others for not addressing the issue of the article when you disregard the issues of other posters. black QB's facing racism has nothing to do with the writer being racist.

and racism is racism, whether the victim is black or white or whatever. you can't complain about racism if you ultimately desire to support and perpetuate it, which you apparently do. just be honest about it, you're racist.

15. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

Not only did the Jets pick up Brad Smith,
    whom every other team had already passed on,
    but they are giving him the very real status as a quarterback,
    something no other team was willing to do.

I say their mistake.

I really can't see a team with a winning desire even consider what race a person is. That is just stupid.

Brad Smith is in a great position to learn the pro wide receiver patterns, pro coverage, and pro expectations. All while he gets to see great QB's like Pennington, Ramsey, and Clemens. His passing game is what he needs to work on as far as being a QB. Brad is doing great. But, that article is old. And, it might just have been the intention to keep the "New Jersey" Jets from overlooking Brads' skills. Anyway it goes, talking about such things during the season is not helpful. This really seems like a Patriots ploy to me.

16. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I'm alarmed at how racist the tone of that article is. Other than that, what a bunch of BS propoganda.

17. boomer

boomer Active Member

Umm... what?

18. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

A bunch of nonsensical theory perpetrated on white kids when they go to college for make them feel bad for anything and or everything that might be even subconsciously racist, in order to foster tremendous guilt and unquestioned support for a series of perpetually failing race preference policies.

-X-

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I see where the article is getting at, as Brad Smith is capable of playing QB for this, but the NEW JERSEY Jets?

20. boomer

boomer Active Member

Umm... what?:rofl2: