Intelligent Jet talk! Enter please:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Tenn_JetsFanatic

I agree with the analysis.. we need to start fitting what we have to what works best. Not to what we WANT to do

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That goes back to what I said about the OC.

He seems to have no capacity to think about how to chip at the left and right flat.

Seems to me (And It's why I thought more of Paul hackett than most) thats where offense starts.

The Problem with Hacketts thinking was going from stretching the corners to attacking the deeper middle once you got the D to spread out, but then again he wasnt really provided with an adequate Pass Catching TE, to help out.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Steelers had a Qb who could get it up the field and the threat of Hines Ward always had to be addressed. We also had a really good line in 04 and a Future Hof Running back.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Steelers ran the ball effectively against stacked boxes so did we and so does every good running team. We don't run an O to match up and run against a stacked box, our O is designed around the QB who has no arm.

5. FOURTHANDLONG

When you watch the games it does seem that we are not using the flats the way we should but he could also be calling the plays to hide some of our weakness on offense as well. One of the main reasons that I want to see Clemens play is to see how Schotty will call the plays.

6. Hobbes3259

The plays I am talking about are the ones specifically suited to this offense.

Clearing out the flat so Baker can run a 3 yard out, and then turn upfield for instance.

The simple fact is everytime Baker makes an incredible catch (Cleveland last year, or that great TD grab...) the OC is further indicted by not going to him more often.

McCraphands drops one, and he gets less catches. Shouldn't the inverse be true for Baker?

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if that is what warms the cockles of your heart then you have to be one very unhappy NYJ fan. Remember just like U are supposed to be I am only a NYJ fan also like you I do not own the team hire the GM or HC & those are the people you should be directing your anger at since they are the only ones that can make the necessary changes to bring us all a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM

8. FOURTHANDLONG

If they threw to Baker on a Consistent basis He would be one of the best T/E's in the game.

9. Hobbes3259

ITA........

10. FOURTHANDLONG

Hopefully when Kellen Comes in we won't have to worry about a stacked box anymore. The Pats and Colts never have to worry about a stacked box because they have Qb's who can hit the quick strike.

11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Then it's really on him as to whether or not he'll have to worry about it. If he can make the throws everything else will fall in to place around him. We have solid players in skill positions just waiting for for a QB to throw this offense into high gear. I think the O-line will look a lot better if/when Clemens gets in and finds a groove.

God I can't wait. It's really going to be a new era of Jets football. At the very least, a new, and possibly exciting style of offense that might be enjoyable to watch even in a losing effort. Losing is one thing(and I hate it), but when the games are like watching paint dry it starts to get unbearable.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is the thing. We'll never know what the dynamics of this offense will look like until we make the change. Was the Ravens 4th quarter an aberation? No one knows the answer to that, but it's worth a try.

But Thomas Jones would benefit also, IMO. The Bengals this weekend will do like every other team has done to Chad, call out the Ohio National Guard to stack the box.

13. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I wouldn't use Cincy as a gauge for anything. Other than Miami and Rams, there isn't a team that is having more problems than Cincy. They make the Jets look like SB contenders. Players fighting with the each other and the CS, a horrid HORRID defense, and an offense that can put up points if they can get along long enough.

If they Jets can't beat Cincy they can't beat anyone. In fact, if Chad can't score and win this weekend, I don't think the Jets lockerroom could complain if Mangini benched him the following week for Clemens.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ask me what I think of the team, you will see that I do not wear green glasses...I am a realist, no other way to put it....You on the other hand are the glass is half empty ( of cyanide that is), all day everyday....

there is a big difference, welcome to reality Chump....join us wont you!

15. FOURTHANDLONG

If Chad falters it will give him the easy out that he wants instead of benching him now.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Maybe that's what Mangini is waiting for... a game in which the deficiency is so glaring, so obvious, so in your face that even the staunchest of Chad locker room supporters have to scratch their heads in wonder.

But this would be a serious mistake by Mangini if this is the case... waiting for some sort of natural attrition to take place, some sort of super-obvious, okay-it's-definitely-time-now situation to unfold before making the call.

I'll tell you this, there are already grumblings of questionable coaching calls in the locker room. If we lose to the Bungles and Mangini doesn't do something after that loss but instead does it later, all hell will break loose because the feeling will be, "Okay, NOW you make the change, now that the season is over and my career stats look like shit?"

These are all reasons why Mangini should have bitten the bullet this week. This has the potential of getting really ugly from here on out.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I think that is what Mangini is doing, because Chad has so much support, it will be difficult for teammates to fully support his decision. So by waiting, he doesnt risk AS MUCH the team turning on him by replacing their captain. Clemens in Week 11, unless he stinks up the house this week ( or injury)

18. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Agree 100%

19. Section 227. Row 5

And that would be a shame. We didn't hire this guy to have no balls. If this is why he's waiting, I'll be VERY disappointed.

As far as the locker room, yeah, Chad has immense support. But truthfully, seriously, everyone who is breaking their ass to try to find a way to win has to be looking in the mirror and saying to themselves, "Geez... maybe bringing in Clemens could salvage the season!"

If we lose in Cincy and Mangini doesn't bring Clemens in right away and then brings him in after the Bye, the players are gonna be like, "WTF? The season is over now, dude!" It could get ugly.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

It would be a shame, but unfortunately I think thats the case....better that then being a blind arrogant fool who think Penny should start all year, right?