IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh man the Jets haven't spoken about it (looking in CROs direction) but they must know where they are and some team memebers must remember 09 run

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Lets win tomorrow or else this fun will be cur short

3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Good synopsis. I think scenario 2 is the most realistic of the three...I can't expect the Colts to lose to a Chiefs team that couldn't even score against the Raiders. Scenario 1 requires two road wins iirc.

4. allan1

allan1 Active Member

That's good news but he really hasn't been good this year.

5. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

LOL. The ride will be ending sooner than that, pal.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Nice summary. Now you're correct that we need Bengals & Steelers to lose one more game.

After the Bengals/Steelers game it's:
    Steelers vs. Browns
    Bengals vs. Ravens (more likely to me).

I'm more confident oin a Ravens victory than a Browns victory.

So that's why I'm pulling for Bengals next week. People more confident in a Browns victory should be pulling for a Steelers victory next week.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Who knows, a lot of players and coaches dont understand the playoff tiebreakers like us fans do. Remember Rex said we were eliminated 3 years ago after a week 15 loss.

We must officially win out now, a loss eliminates us.

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Tomorrow is everything -- if they can't attack these Titans team, control the ground, game, make some plays in the air, and force some turnovers I will be sick!

Colts lose, Pitt loses in OT after a Brown fumble and a Ben INT.

KC didn't allow a TD today...Charles can run and the colts can't stop the run. I think KC has a small chance to beat a young team, young qb, in a must in, in their own house. KC Pride!

9. nym05

nym05 New Member

im getting real tired of all you fake jets fans that want the team to lose. remember 09 when we looked just as miserable as earlier this year...then we rolled into the playoffs and ended up 30 mins away from a SB. as bad as we have looked this year....you get into the dance and ANYTHING can happen. so keep your negative thoughts to your self and out of this thread please.

OT: i wont look ahead to the cincy/pitt game untill about 11:30/12 tomorrow night. the next three are very winnable games but it all starts tomorrow. hopefully bray can spark some life into this offense but the key is to keep the running game going. GO JETS!!

10. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I don't see us making the playoffs, unfortunately. I just don't think any of the upsets that are involved in any of the the three scenarios are going to happen. It doesn't hurt to hope though.

11. displacedfan

For the non twitter users, the SI guys response is before the questions. THe "@" symbol represents the person who he responding to. Following the @ symbol is the users name and questions:

Chris Burke ‏@ChrisBurke_SI
    NYJ as the 5, PIT as the 6. RT @ScoreboardSteve: If NYJ, INDY, PIT, CIN all go 9-7, which two get in?

Jets also can get in if the Colts slip to 9-7.

I *think* Jets 9-7, Bengals 9-7, Steelers 8-8 does it. PIT 9-7 does not. RT @JD944: @ChrisBurke_SI scenario for Jets to get in playoffs?

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The chiefs did beat the 13-0 packers in kansas last year. I will be watching the scoreboard no matter what the odds are.

13. displacedfan

The CIN over Pit, BAL over CIN us over SD and BUF involves no "upsets"

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

exactly. the only upset that can help is Chiefs over Colts, but that isn't necessary.

15. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Well the Ravens beating the Bengals is somewhat of an upset, considering how unstable the Ravens are at this point.

16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

If this is the case, assuming the Jets win their next 2 games (a big assumption)..., no matter what, we will be alive going into week 17.

17. displacedfan

That's correct.

18. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Which of these are "upsets"? Cinci vs. Steelers is a toss-up and wouldn't be an upset either way. The Ravens beating Cinci is reasonable as well (even though the Ravens have not been playing well as of late). The Browns beating the Steelers, I admit, is an upset but they have done it before... and only 2/3 of these games going our way is necessary for a spot in the playoffs.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

CLE beating PITT is an upset by record but taking a closer look it's not as much of an upset as people think. I think the Browns went through a stretch where they lost something like 7 games by less then 7 points. The Browns are a good football team, more than capable of beating the Steelers. Is that game in PITT or in CLE?

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I want the Jets to win tomorrow before I even give the playoffs a real thought, but at 7-7, it is worth discussing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.