IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewYorkEveryThing

That houston game and the first patriot game killed us. We went down hill after that first NE game bad.
    It was such a killer cause we had them on the ropes and Hill dropped that easy pass.
    That is the reason.
    Hill needed to be a backup this season. We should have adressed the WR problem in the offseason. How could you go and get tebow and no decent WR?
    Sanchez is regressing. Could it be the fact that rex brought in a O line coach to run his offense?
    Could that be the reason he knows he screwed sanchez by not even giving him a decent number 2 and 3 WR's?
    Could it be that sanchez seen that his WR's drop open passes,so he forced bad passes?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the simplest way is if Pitt loses this week, Cincy beats Pitt next week the Bal beats Cincy in week 17 we are in if we win out. at least we have a shot.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree but will add I would like to see the Ravens lose this week and keep things close so week 17 matters to them against the Bengals. The Ravens and Steeler games are both on local TV this Sunday. Man, Monday night could be fun if we get a Cowboy win.

#803 sec314, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

So, in the grand scheme of things, the Bengals game wasn't extremely important, was it (out of Colts, Steelers, Bengals).

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes but U did not mention plan B which what if we lose 1 of the next 3? :sad:

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We need wins by the Cowboys and Texans on Sunday to keep things reasonable. Our Motto this Sunday ... "Don't Mess with Texas!"

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

It' was sure as hell more plausible than the Jets... They have Eli, an when you have a very good QB anything can happen. This is a QB driven league and we have one of the worst. If Sanchez was playing better, good enough to just be average, I would have faith...

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I hope you're right but I have VERY strong doubts about this game. When they played earlier this year, Pittsburgh kicked the snot out of them on both sides of the ball ... twice the total yards and first downs. The ass-kicking Cincy received in the 2nd half was far worse than the 24-17 final score. And Cincy was home for that one.

We'll really need a HUGE effort out of the Bengals this time around. At least they'll be well rested and maybe Pitt will get banged up a little in Dallas.

9. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Not looking good....At one point eagles looked like they could have won that game until the turnovers started happening.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I had an event at work and flipped on the TV soon as I got home. The score was 13 to 10 for the Eagles and I think the Eagles had the ball at the time. The announcers were talking about how great the Eagles defence was playing and basically saying that it looks like the Bengals were having a collapse. I was pretty pumped at that point thinking it still isn't over but at least it's going the way that I wanted.

WTF Philly? WTF?

On the flip side, for people who keep talking about how we're one of the worst teams in the league I think there is another team in green that could make the case for that spot (and about half of the rest of the league IMO but that's another story).

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thank #84 for the 1st loss to the NEPs :sad:

12. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Everyone seems to want to pin that patriot loss on hill. thats pretty riddiculous considering the situation and how things unfolded after that.

- we were down by 3. if he catches it, we still need to get into the endzone.(something we struggle to do). and if we didnt, we would have gottent he same 3 points we ended up getting anyhow

- the pats funbled the ensuing kickoff. gifted us another 3 points(because, you know, we couldnt get in the endzone) giving us the lead.

- our defense didnt hold that lead

- in overtime our defense held them to a FG, giving the offense a chance to win, and we turned it over.

people make it sounds like hill dropped a TD pass with :00 seconds on the clock and us trailing by 6.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

PRETTY SURE the game was tied when Hill made the drop. If he catches it, the Jets are able to run the clock down and kick a field goal at worst. Get a touchdown and likely seal the deal.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's not correct. We were down 3.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is why I said "pretty". :wink::)

16. lakersmetsjets49ers

If the jets lose Monday there is no plan b

17. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Plan B is starting McElroy against San Diego and Buffalo. Plan A is unrealistic.

I'd rather watch Plan B no matter what happens this week.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think if the Jets are eliminated Monday night there is a very good chance we see McElroy or maybe even Tebow against the Chargers.

It would serve no good purpose to put Sanchez on the field in front of a hostile crowd in that situation.

19. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

If Rex starts Tebow over McElroy next week then he needs to be tested for drugs. They jerked him around all season to the point that he hasn't developed any part of his game. I don't even think he could effectively run the wildcat right now. McElroy has to start next week.

No matter what happens this week Rex is going to have a big decision next week. If he doesn't dress McElroy and Sanchez comes out flat, the crowd will destroy him. Then Rex will be forced to put in Tebow who hasn't done squat all season long. After the game the reporters will question Rex why he didn't have McElroy as the backup knowing full well that the crowd was going to kill Sanchez. Then all week long the media and fans will kill Rex and call for his fat head to be fired. Reluctantly Rex starts McElroy in the final game after Woody orders him to do so. After the season Rex and Tanny are fired. :)

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

What is the point of these specific conversations?

The NYJ's ARE IN A PLAYOFF RACE. You are worried about a hypothetical starter, should they lose and be eliminated from playoff contention.

Rare breed are these Jets fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.