IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i love how its crazy for a 6-4 colts team to finish with 10 wins, and lucky to get to 9 wins, but us a 4-6 team that is terrible has a realisitc shot to get to 9

smh

2. jerseyjay14

losing to the pats and cardinals back to back would be a good thing for this team. making a run and getting to 9 wins would give enough excuses to allow MT, rex, and worst of all, sanchez to keep their jobs.

we lose the next 2 and maybe you see tim or mcelroy get a shot and we see what we have and can be better prepared for the offseason

3. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Footballgod214....Great, positive e-mail. Almost makes me feel like I can start rooting again! Good job!

4. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Well, I don't think we have to really about the Steel. They are firing Charlie Batch up this weekend. I think the steel are done due to injuries. It might be too late when Big Ben gets back.

5. jerseyjay14

tie breakers dont matter if they have more wins then us. which they almost certainly will.

head to head tiebreakers dont matter ina 3 way tie, which if they have 9 wins, will most certainly be the case

6. jerseyjay14

the steelers are a solid team. batch isnt a good player, but he is better then sanchez and they have won with him before.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Can you please shut the fuck up with the negativity, please. This 'same old jet' nonsense is getting tiresome. We're going to get 10 wins when we beat the Patriots.

The Patriots are the hardest game on our schedule. They're without Gronk (who scored their only two offensive touchdowns by the way). It's still going to be tough, but we win since we're at home.

Cardinals: They're so good that they lost six straight games. They have what is a mess at the QB position

Tennessee: They can be a contender, but I think we can beat them with ease.

Jacksonville: They had ONE good game. And they lost it. I think we can beat them.

San Diego: Things are falling apart over there. I think they're just tanking to get rid of Norv. We'll beat them with ease.

Buffalo: They have a terrible run defense/defense in general. I don't think we can hang 48 on them again, but we'll win comfortably.

#67 ArmandJ, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  8. jerseyjay14

its not being negative. it is being realistic.

we have yet to win 2 games in a row this season. you are predicting us to win 7 straight. we have a horrible team, missing its best players due to injury. most of our remaining games are on the road, against teams with better QBs.

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Why stop at a measly 7 games? Let's just reel off 11 straight and hoist up that Lombardi Trophy in February. It's not as if we don't have a good ... oh wait ... nevermind.

10. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

yea the only thing u wishing is for us to fail and for a tebow christmas

we BEATING the pats this thursday and we shocking the world

11. jerseyjay14

i dont think beating the pats would be shocking the world. they arent a great team. but winning 7 in a row, thats just not realistic.

i dont think we could beat the rams or jags 7 times in a row, at home.

12. BookEndTackles 72&79

A short week means this garbage like talk will end rather quickly with the methodical, surgeon like 3 touchdown beating that is coming up on Thursday night.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

u know i was gonna post something like this but i took the easy way out and said lets see what happens.

leaving the door oh so slightly ajar which i have done hundreds of times with this team.

14. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Beat the Pat's on a short week will be tough!

Brady's on fire right now...u guys better double Welker!

15. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

With the jets you never know what team is going to show up, unfortunately for most of the games this year, the worst team has showed

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Plus Chad frikin Henne lit up the Texan's...u just never know!

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

People quickly forget 2009. We were in this exact position. 4-6. We won 5 of 6 to close out the year and made the playoffs on tie breakers. Steelers have no chance of reaching 10-6 playing backup QBs. Colts go 3-3 at best to finish season. Buffalo is not a guaranteed win. Their defense is finally starting to click. They will be a much different team by the time we face them as well. Colts will probably lose that one. The Patriots could be our 1 loss, but fuck that. We are going to slaughter them. Save it for the easy team that we blow it against.

JETS 9-7
    Patriots ~ W
    Cardinals ~ W
    @ Jaguars ~ W
    @ Titans ~ W
    Chargers ~ W
    @ Bills ~ L

Steelers 9-7
    @ Browns ~ L
    @ Ravens ~ L
    Chargers ~ W if BBerg plays
    @ Dallas ~ L
    Bengals ~ W
    Browns ~ W

Colts 7-8-1
    Bills ~ L
    @ Lions ~ L
    Titans ~ T
    @ Texans ~ L
    @ Chiefs W
    Texans ~ L

The Jets have to beat the Pats for any of this to be possible. I don't think they can run the table after.

#77 Barcs, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  18. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Jets will prob be in playoffs at 9-7. thursday is NOT a must win. but a loss to NE and then we have to win out.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This makes no sense. If we go 9-7 that shows that Rex does control of the lockerroom and we found something works. Going 9-7 would mean we went 6-1 over our last 7 games of the season. If something works to put us on the run, you don't panic and fire everyone.

Most realistically we could go 4-12 and Sanchez is still on this team so that's moot

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

While I like the optimism, do you really think this team has the gameday talent of the 2009 roster (sans the D-line)? I don't think it's close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.