IND 9-5, CIN 8-6, PIT 7-7, Jets 6-7... Playoffs!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

They are 2 out with 5 two play. if they can beat Arizona and Jax the Monday game is actually interesting and worth watching for more than who gets the better draft pick.

Pitt is banged up and Baltimore at home is a very hard out. You win this week with a Pitt loss and they are 1 game back. No they don't have a tie breaker over pitt so best case would be Pitt/Cinci/Jets all tied at 9-7 - Jets would win on a tie breaker on conf record.

But how about they win 1 game first.

2. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Yeah, I think he is 3-1 against us :sad:

3. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Doesnt pitt win against us for head to head week 2?

4. 85inthehall

head to head yes - but in a three way tie the first tie breaker that would apply to Pitt/Cinci/Jets would be conference record and that would favor the jets.

Amazing

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

That's why I'm not giving up. The AFC is either really competitive or really putrid. If we were in the NFC, 4-7 wouldn't even warrant a playoff discussion. But, here we are.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

tank..................

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Barcs,

Sanchez was a rookie in 09. Big difference.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

We also had a much better running game. Those 2 kind of even out. All I'm saying is the team overall was very similar and if we could do it with Sanchez making all kinds of mistakes, surely we can do that now that he's got near 4 years under his belt. We aren't any more or less likely to do it now, then we were in 2009. That's my point. You were trying to spin it like it's much more difficult this year and every factor you gave has been countered and shown to apply to the 09 team as well. It we could do it then, we can do it now. I'm not saying it's all that likely, but it's just as possible and COULD happen.

#189 Barcs, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Why would anyone root for their team to lose?
    For what a better draft pick that you'll bitch about anyway!?

Because that 1 player will fix all of our problems .....riiiiiight

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Yes ... amazing, but true.

Obviously if two of the opposing teams (Pitt, Colts, Cincy) win 10 games we're out.

But, if only ONE of the 3 win 10 games, the only two scenarios that would eliminate a 9-7 Jets team are:

Cincy 10-6 / Pitt 9-7 / Colts 8-8
    Colts 10-6 / Pitt 9-7 / Cincy 8-8

The other eight scenarios would give the 9-7 Jets the 6th seed ...

Pitt 10-6 / Colts 9-7 / Cincy 9-7
    Pitt 10-6/ Colts 9-7 / Cincy 8-8
    Pitt 10-6/ Cincy 9-7 / Colts 8-8

Colts 10-6 / Pitt 9-7/ Cincy 9-7
    Colts 10-6 / Cincy 9-7 / Pitt 8-8

Cincy 10-6 / Pitt 9-7 / Colts 9-7
    Cincy 10-6 / Colts 9-7 / Pitt 8-8

Cincy 9-7 / Colts 9-7 / Pitt 9-7

I think this is correct (and it assumes that Miami will get their asses handed to them at least twice by the Pats and Niners). All three play difficult road games this week, so two losses would be a nice way to get the ball rolling.

Unfortunately, this house of cards comes crumbling down as soon as Sanchez revs up his turnover machine :sad:

#191 truthbtold, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  12. lakersmetsjets49ers

im usually all for the optimism and positiveness but after wasting money on a flight from LA to NY for the thanksgiving game, and time spent at that embarassment of a game they need to win 2 games in a row for the first time this season before i even get the slightest bit of hope.

as horrible as arizona's qb situation is, their pretty good on defense and if sanchez has his usual turnover or 2 at the worst time, this game isn't a guarantee. hopefully the jets bounce back though.

i could already see it, (and i hope im wrong) but they'll beat arizona in a sloppy game which is won mainly due to arizona's qb giving the jets some points, then look sloppy on the road against a jags team that has shown some signs of life since blaine gabbert got benched.

i've done the positive optimism stuff all season long, after each win, and the strong effort in new england, only for them to crap the bed the following week. if they can win 2 in a row, get to 6-7 and make that monday night game look interesting then my perspective will change.

13. 85inthehall

Indy has 3 road games left and the only game where they have a clear advantage is KC,,,but since KC can still run the ball that game might still be an issue.

Cinci has games they can win, but you never know what SD or Dallas team will show up. After that you have a Pitt team playing for their lives and a Balt team that will want to prove they can win on the road with Flacco who has struggles in his career. Dallas game is key I think.

Pitt - best case they get smoked by Balt this week and if that happens can they run the table against Dallas, SD, Cinci, and Cleve - Once again that Dallas game is the kiy to get them to 7 losses.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LMAO This is amazing!

We are having one of the worst years, yet we still have a shot at the playoffs LOL!

15. Big Blocker

You continue to miss the point. It was acceptable for Sanchez to make rookie mistakes, when he was a rookie.

It is not acceptable for him to make rookie mistakes in his fourth year.

In fact I am being generous. Even Sanchez did not have a play like his diving into Moore's rear end in his rookie year.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I thought he played better then than he is this season.

17. Big Blocker

I agree, he has regressed.

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

His best season was absolutely his rookie campaign. Take out a lucky three game stretch in November of 2010 and he's been on a downward spiral ever since.

19. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We need to lose so we can get some good picks and put some real talent back on this team! This year is over lets make the best of a bad situation. It would be in the best interest of this team to lose the next 5 games!

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Bottom line: the Jets have to run the table. The Jets have the easiest schedule in the NFL to do this with, but I see very little chance of them getting good or consistent enough to do just that.

The Jets SHOULD go at least 3-2 down the stretch. 5-0 is a stretch, but it's still a possibility. Just keep making each game mean something, that's all I usually ask of a season. Keep me entertained as long as possible, keep giving me reasons to watch. The pipe dream of the playoffs is enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.